I've had my dinc since launch and its been a great phone even today. For the past few months though I have had 2 small issues that I have been unable find any info about.

The first is that some pictures in the gallery display incorrectly in the thumbnails but are fine when looking at the full image. Some of the thumbnails are showing the top half of 1 picture and the bottom half of another. like it merged 2 pictures together. I originally thought it was the SD card since i was getting all sorts of bad sector messages with it so I got a new card and its continuing to happen even with new pictures that I take or save on the SD card. Anyone else see this or know what would cause it?

The other problem is that sometimes when exiting apps (mostly gmail) my home screen will not be correct. Sometimes the home screen is stuck like halfway between the main screen and the one to the right. Sometimes its other screens. I can then scroll right or left and its fixes it but its weird that it gets stuck in the middle like that. Even weirder, sometimes when i scroll from this position, it actually brings me to the last screen (to the far right) totally bypassing the other 2. Its almost like it was not actually on the screen that was being shown. Its hard to explain so I hope this isnt too confusing.

I've reset the phone (not fun) and it still does it so im not sure what else to do. These arent big problems so i just kinda live with it but its annoying so id like to get them resolved.
    Thanks.
    06-20-2011 12:10 PM
    Problem 1: Have you tried an alternative gallery? Try Quickpic and see if the problem persists.

Problem 2: Are you using a 3rd-party launcher? If so, try locking home screen in memory within the settings.
    Ntchwaidumela likes this.
    06-20-2011 04:16 PM
    For the first issue - On your SD Card in the DCIM directory, there is a directory called .thumbnails. Delete everything in that directory and then re-open the gallery. Be patient, it will recreate the thumbnails.

For the second, try clearing cache in your launcher.
    Ntchwaidumela likes this.
    06-20-2011 07:20 PM
    This also happens to me, thanks for the advice.
    06-20-2011 07:29 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD