Anyone With Preorder Experience through VZW?

NVR2ND

Mar 29, 2010
Visit site
Ive never preordered anything in my life. So I really dont have any experience trying it out. When you preorder through VZW will it be on my doorstep the 29th, or will it be shipped out the 29th? If it is going to be shipped out the 29th that means it wont be here until the 30th, and I could get it quicker from a store. Or If I get overnight on the 28th then UPS will drop it off first thing in the AM, and I have a toy to mess with at work.

So once again does anyone have preorder experience through VZW?

Adiliyo

Oct 17, 2009
Visit site
i have, and they generally shipped my stuff overnight, but i'm hearing that they might be shipping it so that it's delivered on the 29th.

i remember i got my storm from their website, and i got that the next day (i think)

but if not on release day, it's easy to get them to overnight for free...

nickacs

Mar 28, 2010
Visit site
Forgive my ignorance, but I'm kinda confused on all the pre-order hype via VZW and BB.
What's the main reason to do it? Is it fear that if you go to the local VZW/BB stores on the 29th, people are afraid it will be sold out?
Also, is there anything "better" to preorder or buy at a BB store than over VZW/store? I know BB takes the NE2 $100 credit off the price on the spot so no stupid UPC code to send in, but otherwise, any "better" reason to do it?

Dunno, I'm just thinking I'll go to my local VZW store the morning of the 29th and just buy it there? :)

Adiliyo

Oct 17, 2009
Visit site
that's what i've done since my only preorder with the storm.

i got a droid on launch day no problem.

if you're really worried about them selling out, some sales reps will hold one for you if you call and ask

NVR2ND

Mar 29, 2010
Visit site
that's what i've done since my only preorder with the storm.

i got a droid on launch day no problem.

if you're really worried about them selling out, some sales reps will hold one for you if you call and ask

Not so much selling out. I have an employee line so I would be looking at full retail, but I let my Gma have her phone under my name. So I would be "stealing" her upgrade then esn change over to my phone. The problem is that employee lines have to do ESN changes through the Call centers and their hours are M-F 8-6 CST. So if I get a phone Friday at my house while Im at work I cant do much if anything until monday, and honestly after waiting this long another 3 days would suck.

zhelf

Zombie
Trusted Member
Nov 6, 2009
Visit site
any phone ordered on vzw site has free overnight shipping so odds are it will ship the 28th what time you get it in the day depends whenever ups or fedex hits your area

agarrett527

Feb 16, 2010
Visit site
I'm correct in assuming that all pre-orders whether through Best Buy or VZW have to be paid in full correct?

My only problem is my plan is NE2 on April 20th and want to go through Best Buy. If they start the preorder for me on the 18th, they may not let me preorder or give me credit for the NE2. Any suggestions?

zhelf

Zombie
Trusted Member
Nov 6, 2009
Visit site
seriously doubt preorders will be full in 2 days i would just wait the 2 days or call customer service and see if they will bump you up 2 days but yes they have to be paid in full not just a deposit

agarrett527

Feb 16, 2010
Visit site
seriously doubt preorders will be full in 2 days i would just wait the 2 days or call customer service and see if they will bump you up 2 days but yes they have to be paid in full not just a deposit

Cool deal. Thanks for the info. Haven't tried the preorder route before and wasn't sure. Figured that I would ask here and see what the deal was.

I'll probably wait a few days for the preorder then go to BB.

jc1063

Apr 16, 2010
Visit site
pre-order at Best Buy - Testing N1 against the INC

I asked about the Incredible while in Best Buy yesterday ( April 15th ) and they said they had just received the information packets an hour before my arrival....the mgr of the cell phone dept. took my pre-order and handed me my receipt for the $50 deposit. I am number one on the list.

I already have the N1 with ATT and still have 25 days to return it (california has 30 day return policy) so I will have both in hand to check one against the other. I will assign a tempory phone number to the Incredible and test both. If the Incredible works out better, I can port my orginal phone number over at that time. I will be paying for service on both carriers for one week but it seems worth it to have a hands on experience to test both.

nickacs

Mar 28, 2010
Visit site
Congrats jc! Any word from BB when you pre-ordered about pickup date? Still the morning on the 29th when the BB opens or any earlier by chance? :)

I'm debating on either doing a pre-order with BB and pick it up the 29th or before, or just waiting till the 29th and walking in my local VZW store.

zhelf

Zombie
Trusted Member
Nov 6, 2009
Visit site
I asked about the Incredible while in Best Buy yesterday ( April 15th ) and they said they had just received the information packets an hour before my arrival....the mgr of the cell phone dept. took my pre-order and handed me my receipt for the $50 deposit. I am number one on the list.

I already have the N1 with ATT and still have 25 days to return it (california has 30 day return policy) so I will have both in hand to check one against the other. I will assign a tempory phone number to the Incredible and test both. If the Incredible works out better, I can port my orginal phone number over at that time. I will be paying for service on both carriers for one week but it seems worth it to have a hands on experience to test both.

how do you assign a temporary number then port yours over? i would love to do this to try out the droid or incredible before jumping over from ATT.

NVR2ND

Mar 29, 2010
Visit site
how do you assign a temporary number then port yours over? i would love to do this to try out the droid or incredible before jumping over from ATT.

Basically just got a new phone number, and left the old one on his N1. Then after he makes a choice he can do the port. It is free, and easy. All you have to do is just call VZW customer support.

zhelf

Zombie
Trusted Member
Nov 6, 2009
Visit site
Basically just got a new phone number, and left the old one on his N1. Then after he makes a choice he can do the port. It is free, and easy. All you have to do is just call VZW customer support.

so he just cancels his att line thro vzw and they port the number? i def will need to do this didnt even know it was possible! thanks for heads up

diablo

Apr 17, 2010
Visit site
Do you guys know if Best Buy can move your phone numbers from your old phone to your new phone? I know they have a device to do that at Verizon Wireless stores. Also, will Best Buy apply your New Every Two credit? I thought that was an incentive to get you to buy a new phone directly from Verizon?

There is a blog post about the Incredible at bestbuy.com, though it doesn't answer any of these questions. It does say that the pre-order available starting this Sunday (4/18) is for in-store pickup, rather than an online pre-order for delivery. Here's the link: Pre-order your DROID INCREDIBLE by HTC at Best Buy... - Best Buy Mobile™ Community

diablo

Apr 17, 2010
Visit site
to answer my own question

It seems like Best Buy is not required to honor your New Every Two discount, but they often do, to be nice. If I can get my local (NYC) Best Buy to do this, I will pre-order on Sunday... Otherwise I'll go to Verizon and deal with the mail-in rebate (not a big deal, but prefer to avoid that if I can, especially since I might move soon).

New Every Two for Verizon at Best Buy - Best Buy Forum

zhelf

Zombie
Trusted Member
Nov 6, 2009
Visit site
Yes. Once Verizon ports your at&t number, it closes your at&t account.

wow thanks for the heads up! didnt not know this was possible!

but yes best buy can transfer your numbers.

But yes best buy is required to acknowledge your new every 2 credit it is the only they honor they do not honor early upgrades but you will have no issue with them giving you a new every 2.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Thanthan23