04-26-2010 01:22 PM
140 12345 ...
tools
    hey all, thank you so much for the first impressions! really appreciate the feedback so far. i'm curious if either of you will get a second chance for some more hands on time to put up a you tube video? i'm dying to see this phone in action!
    04-16-2010 10:44 PM
    Have you used the Nexus One? I would be interested in hearing from someone who has used both devices.

Adiliyo: According to Phandroid, it really does have 8GB of internal memory (err, well close to it - 6.6GB to be exact), much to my surprise. Check it: Droid Incredible WILL Have Internal Memory, Video Out, No 720p [UPDATE] | Android Phone Fans Would be nice to have someone confirm this though.
    i read that as well, and it does leave me quite satisfied that it's accurate, but a shot of it on the actual device would really put my (and i'm sure others) questions regarding it to rest
    04-17-2010 01:20 AM
    Fantastic comments. Looks like this is the upgrade I have been waiting for (Currently using a Treo 700p, so I am due).

Is there an easy way to sync with Outlook on my PC? I have seen some comments that make me think this may be a problem.
    04-17-2010 08:09 AM
    i read that as well, and it does leave me quite satisfied that it's accurate, but a shot of it on the actual device would really put my (and i'm sure others) questions regarding it to rest
    Ask and ye shall recieve.

Android Forums
    04-17-2010 09:28 AM
    so can anyone who's played or has access to the device look in the storage screen and see if the 8gb is internal or a microsd card?

seems like it should be an easy matter to finally put to rest.
    The phone I played with DID NOT have a microSD card installed, and displayed 6.2gb available.
    04-17-2010 09:35 AM
    I was able to have some hands on experience with the much anticipated DROID
    Incredible. Let me say first of all that I have experience with just about
    every Android phone there is, and I currently use the Motorola Droid, and have had experience with all smartphones including windows mobile, iphone, blackberrys. My hands on with the Droid Incredible today was fantastic. The Droid Incredible is so great due to the 1Ghz Snapdragon processor which the phone stays speedy with no lag whatsoever even with a flash movie running in the background on the browser. The transitions on the phone itself is amazing, as well as the new and improved Sense UI. The new sense UI theres a pinch homescreen option to bring up all your homescreens similar to how Palm displays "cards" for different screens. There are a couple new widgets, the most popular one is going to be a new social widget, where it combines all your facebook, twitter, flickr into a single update widget.
    Did you notice that the app menu or whatever it's called wasn't 3-d? I am wondering if that is N1 exclusive, or if it was shut off on my demo.
    04-17-2010 09:38 AM
    Did you notice that the app menu or whatever it's called wasn't 3-d? I am wondering if that is N1 exclusive, or if it was shut off on my demo.
    I've used the 3D App Drawer many many times, and using it as we speak, and it issss soooo useless. It doesn't make it any faster, or better in any way at all. That said, it may be exclusive to the N1, but again, who cares? This phone seems like: a faster Droid, thinner and prettier form factor, with more features, and a nicer UI(HTC Sense). I have the Motorola Droid right now, and wish I was eligible to upgrade to this device.
    04-17-2010 09:44 AM
    Thanks for the info. Can't wait to get mine!
    04-17-2010 11:10 AM
    For those with hands-on experience, thanks for sharing and great feedback to our questions!
    04-17-2010 11:27 AM
    This spec is listed on one of the boards:

"OS: Android 2.1, Google Experience Device"

Two questions:
    1) Does it have speech-to-text since it has 2.1? Someone raised this question on another thread given that it has the sense ui. I assumed ALL 2.1 devices have this feature.

2) What does Google Experience Device mean? Is this in reference to updates like the Droid and N1 getting priority or just that it integrates well with Google?
    04-17-2010 11:39 AM
    Echoing what others have said, thanks for the first impressions. Like many, I've been patiently waiting for the Incredible to drop. Based on the first impressions, and the questions you all have answered, I'm confident that the Incredible will be my next phone. I think I will pre-order first thing next week. Cheers!
    04-17-2010 12:22 PM
    Can someone please tell me what is a trackball/pad used for if the incredible has a touch screen? My droid doesn't have a trackball/pad.
    Its for phones that don't have trackpads so they can play games and stuff.

That's what I always assumed it was for.
    04-17-2010 12:40 PM
    the trackpad/balls/dpads are used for times you want to be more precise with your selections (ie, text editing, web link selection, etc)

i don't use them much, but for times you just want to change one letter in a word, it's much easier than tapping 30 times in the wrong place.
    04-17-2010 01:34 PM
    the trackpad/balls/dpads are used for times you want to be more precise with your selections (ie, text editing, web link selection, etc)

i don't use them much, but for times you just want to change one letter in a word, it's much easier than tapping 30 times in the wrong place.
    That's a great example of how to use it. I hate trying to tap at the correct position in a sentence to change something.
    04-17-2010 01:39 PM
    I've pointed all my verizon friends to the Droid Incredible... unfortunately I am on T-mobile, and may end up going with the Galaxy S for the screen.
    04-17-2010 02:02 PM
    Echoing what others have said, thanks for the first impressions. Like many, I've been patiently waiting for the Incredible to drop. Based on the first impressions, and the questions you all have answered, I'm confident that the Incredible will be my next phone. I think I will pre-order first thing next week. Cheers!
    After playing with the phone for half an hour, I was determined to pre-order right there and then. Sadly, government account are unable to pre-order (so I was told -- it is being confirmed).

I'll have to wait to order on release day.
    04-17-2010 02:51 PM
    Awesome!
    04-17-2010 02:53 PM
    Never mind this stupid comment. Just trying to get 5 effen comments out so I can send an effen PM. This effen sucks. WTF's the point?!!!
    04-17-2010 02:57 PM
    to prevent people from spamming, i'd suggest (for future reference) to put posts in the OT type threads to keep informative ones cleaner
    04-17-2010 03:04 PM
    Sign me up for one Incredible with a side order of Hammer for my Storm. To think my suffering will soon come to an end.
    04-17-2010 03:28 PM
    Sign me up for one Incredible with a side order of Hammer for my Storm. To think my suffering will soon come to an end.
    Damn..you deserve the incredible for having to stick with a storm for so long.

I have to say HTC makes some amazing phones. They have great quality for being plastic and they also have some of the the most responsive displays.
    04-17-2010 05:04 PM
    He deserves it!?

The only phone I've ever owned was/is the Samsung Alias.

Not saying it's bad, but it can't really do much.
    04-17-2010 05:06 PM
    Oh man this thread just added to my torture to trade my Droid for the Incredible.
    04-17-2010 05:24 PM
    was the background live?
    According to the User Guide, there is the option of live wallpapers:

Personalizing your Home screen wallpaper with your favorite photo is a quick and easy way to change the feel of your phone and give it a fresh look. Browse the collection of wallpapers included in your phone or choose from photos that you have taken with the camera. You can also change your Home screen to use an animated wallpaper.

The wallpaper that you choose for the Home screen will also be used as the lock screen wallpaper.

1. Press HOME > MENU, and then tap Wallpaper.

2. Do one of the following:

 Tap Live wallpapers to choose from preset animated wallpapers.
     Tap My photos to select a photo that you have taken using the camera or copied to your storage card. Crop the photo and then tap Save.
     Choose from preset wallpapers.
    04-17-2010 07:22 PM
    argh. N1 or Inc? N1 or Inc? Can I wait for N1 or will I succumb to Inc?!?!
    04-17-2010 07:35 PM
140 12345 ...
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD