Played with the Incredible Tonight

matthewdlyons

Mar 23, 2010
Visit site
Echoing what others have said, thanks for the first impressions. Like many, I've been patiently waiting for the Incredible to drop. Based on the first impressions, and the questions you all have answered, I'm confident that the Incredible will be my next phone. I think I will pre-order first thing next week. Cheers!

Adiliyo

Oct 17, 2009
Visit site
the trackpad/balls/dpads are used for times you want to be more precise with your selections (ie, text editing, web link selection, etc)

i don't use them much, but for times you just want to change one letter in a word, it's much easier than tapping 30 times in the wrong place. :)

Cory Streater

Sep 21, 2009
Visit site
the trackpad/balls/dpads are used for times you want to be more precise with your selections (ie, text editing, web link selection, etc)

i don't use them much, but for times you just want to change one letter in a word, it's much easier than tapping 30 times in the wrong place. :)

That's a great example of how to use it. I hate trying to tap at the correct position in a sentence to change something.

JeffGrubb

Apr 17, 2010
Visit site
I've pointed all my verizon friends to the Droid Incredible... unfortunately I am on T-mobile, and may end up going with the Galaxy S for the screen.

clevey

Apr 16, 2010
Visit site
Echoing what others have said, thanks for the first impressions. Like many, I've been patiently waiting for the Incredible to drop. Based on the first impressions, and the questions you all have answered, I'm confident that the Incredible will be my next phone. I think I will pre-order first thing next week. Cheers!

After playing with the phone for half an hour, I was determined to pre-order right there and then. Sadly, government account are unable to pre-order (so I was told -- it is being confirmed).

I'll have to wait to order on release day.

image2nv

Apr 17, 2010
Visit site
Never mind this stupid comment. Just trying to get 5 effen comments out so I can send an effen PM. This effen sucks. WTF's the point?!!!

Adiliyo

Oct 17, 2009
Visit site
to prevent people from spamming, i'd suggest (for future reference) to put posts in the OT type threads to keep informative ones cleaner :)

redman213

Nov 16, 2009
Visit site
Sign me up for one Incredible with a side order of Hammer for my Storm. To think my suffering will soon come to an end.

Damn..you deserve the incredible for having to stick with a storm for so long.

I have to say HTC makes some amazing phones. They have great quality for being plastic and they also have some of the the most responsive displays.

Scopic

Apr 4, 2010
Visit site
He deserves it!?

The only phone I've ever owned was/is the Samsung Alias. :p

Not saying it's bad, but it can't really do much.

Cory Streater

Sep 21, 2009
Visit site
was the background live?

According to the User Guide, there is the option of live wallpapers:

Personalizing your Home screen wallpaper with your favorite photo is a quick and easy way to change the feel of your phone and give it a fresh look. Browse the collection of wallpapers included in your phone or choose from photos that you have taken with the camera. You can also change your Home screen to use an animated wallpaper.

The wallpaper that you choose for the Home screen will also be used as the lock screen wallpaper.

1. Press HOME > MENU, and then tap Wallpaper.

2. Do one of the following:

 Tap Live wallpapers to choose from preset animated wallpapers.
 Tap My photos to select a photo that you have taken using the camera or copied to your storage card. Crop the photo and then tap Save.
 Choose from preset wallpapers.

rabaker07

Mar 28, 2010
Visit site
The speaker was very crisp and clear, I streamed a little Slacker radio to see how it was. You'll like it just as much as your wife's Droid.

Hmmm... have you had any experience with the Nexus One?

I'm curious as to how it compares with that device. In particular, the speakerphone/external speaker and the display.

I keep reading that the Incredible has an OLED and not AMOLED display and I'm wondering which it really is.

And I'd like to know how the camera compares in quality (not in MP).

Also, if the build quality (materials) compares to the Nexus One.

Are you able to answer these questions?

rabaker07

Mar 28, 2010
Visit site
The speaker was very crisp and clear, I streamed a little Slacker radio to see how it was. You'll like it just as much as your wife's Droid.

Do you have any experience with the Nexus One? I'd like to know how these features compare:

1. Speaker. I've heard the N1 has a lousy, tinny external speaker.

2. Display. Is it OLED or AMOLED? How does it compare to N1?

3. Camera. Better quality photos or just higher megapixel?

4. Build Quality. Are the materials of the same quality as N1?