Droid Incredible Pre-Order at Best Buy Starts Sunday, 4.18.10

icecoolfsu

Mar 12, 2010
Visit site
does anybody know if BB will let you use your NE2 discount?

I went to BB to pre-order the Incredible this morning. I am eligible for the new every 2 discount. The person at BB was not sure whether they could match it. She called her supervisor and was told it was up to her. I told her if they don't match my New Every Two discount then I'm going to go to Verizon to get the phone. She said she'd match it and made a note on the pre-sale form so that I would get the discount when I pick it up on the 29th. My current New Every Two is $50, they may be less inclined to maybe match it if you have the $100 credit.

From the deal it also seems like though they match the New Every Two, Verizon my not officially know, so I may still actually have it with the carrier once I get the phone. We'll see what happens on the 29th.

Adiliyo

Oct 17, 2009
Visit site
the NE2 credit, even if done through BBY (so not through vzw's systems) will dissapear once a new contract / extension is signed.

threepio

Apr 5, 2010
Visit site
Does anybody know if the stores will have an Incredible on display for people to try prior to the 29th? See i just upgraded to a Moto Droid on April 3. So I have 30 days to swap my phone if i choose. Which would give me until May 3rd. So basically 5 days after the phone comes out to make my decision. But if i could decide prior to the phone coming out...thatd be great....

I still need to figure out if i am going to pre-order it or not as well....

agarrett527

Feb 16, 2010
Visit site
I did the preorder at BB this afternoon and asked about the NE2. She said they couldn't apply like they could at Verizon. I've got a gift card though that I used to pay for the 50 bucks and now have 100 in BB gift cards after some spending today and the one I got. So I'll still get it cheaper but hate there is nothing they can do on the NE2 though. Would make it 50 bucks if they did do it.

nickacs

Mar 28, 2010
Visit site
Yea, I'm confused too. So does it mean what Turbo said or that Verizon won't know that you "used" it at BBMobile so you'll still have the NE2 floating out there with Verizon?

Thanks...

nickacs

Mar 28, 2010
Visit site
Icecool & HappyGilmore; Yea, I guess it just depends who you know at BBMobile or how eager they are to get your business. While at the mall today with a BBMobile there, I just inquired to them about the pre-order and if I can use my NE2.
First off, the guy had NO clue what the Incredible was (he asked me twice the name of it) but luckily the other salesperson knew about it and told him that they are taking pre-orders today. But he said they can't take the NE2 from Verizon. Grrrrr....

So, looks like I'll just get it on the 29th from my local Verizon store that morning. I don't think this phone is going to sell out anywhere.

an_droid

Apr 19, 2010
Visit site
I just went to my local Best Buy and preordered it...I was the first one on the list, I don't think many people know about the Incredible.

Anyway, I cannot wait for the 29th to come so I can finally get rid of my dumbphone!

Hybrid4830

Apr 17, 2010
Visit site
Preorder through best buy?

so I just preordered my Incredible at best buy earlier, and the lady who was helping me out said that even though it doesnt come out till the 29th, they are recieving their shipment on the 26th and to "expect a call to pick it up shortly after". I hope i get mine that day, but refuse to get my hopes up lol. anyone else have this experience?

Adiliyo

Oct 17, 2009
Visit site
i guess if verizon hasn't employed a street date on the shipments to bby.

i know when i worked there if we sold a video game that had a street date on it (they came in boxes sealed with bright orange stickers saying not to sell the game before a certian date) we'd get in trouble and the store would have to pay a fine

BadPeekSell

Mar 16, 2010
Visit site
Strangely, the guy who processed my pre-order at BB last week, said I can get the phone on the 25th :confused: , but they only get a handful of them... I'm planning to stop by BB today or tomorrow, just to make sure that it's not a dream I had :rolleyes: :cool:

Last edited:

tmatt

Jan 27, 2010
Visit site
Strangely, the guy who processed my pre-order at BB last week, said I can get the phone on the 25th :confused: , but they only get a handful of them... I'm planning to stop by BB today or tomorrow, just to make sure that it's not a dream I had :rolleyes: :cool:

yea, please let us know. I also pre-ordered from BB, and it would be awesome if they sold them a few days early. But like someone said if they have a street date than its gonna be hard for BB to sell them early because when you ring it up, its gonna tell you that it cant be sold until the 29th.....

Like Tom Petty told me " the waiting is the hardest part...."

tmatt

Jan 27, 2010
Visit site
Best Buy instock?

Was wondering if there is anyone out there, in the know about Best Buy's inventory or stock.....was wondering if they even have it in stock at the stores yet? Perhaps if they do, you may be able to get your hands on it early.....

just a thought...

BadPeekSell

Mar 16, 2010
Visit site
Like I said in a different thread, when i did the pre-order at BB, the guy there told me to come on the 25th, they should have a handful of Incredibles by then... Planning to go there today after work and ask him again if that is actually the case.

tmatt

Jan 27, 2010
Visit site
Like I said in a different thread, when i did the pre-order at BB, the guy there told me to come on the 25th, they should have a handful of Incredibles by then... Planning to go there today after work and ask him again if that is actually the case.

cool, yea please let us know what you find out. I plan to go to BB on the 27th to pick up a video game, and was going to ask then. If they let them go earlier, I'll head over there ASAP

Apr 19, 2010
Visit site
i just called my local best buy here in TN, and the guy on the phone said April 28th. i asked him to double check in their system and he looked it up..."yep april 28th". i'm wondering though if that is the day they will be getting them in at my particular store, but not selling till the 29th? i guess ill go check on my lunch break on wednesday!

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Laila Nance