04-26-2010 03:05 PM
55 123
tools
    Not sure if this is news or has been mentioned in other threads. Visited my local Best Buy store in Brooklyn, Verizon's info booth is set up right in front, can't miss it :rolleyes:

So, I asked the VZ guy about the incredible, he said pre-sale starts tomorrow, Sunday. He said it's $50 pre-pay for 1 unit, and if it's a new contract, you also save 30 bucks if you transfer your phone #. He also said each location gets 5-10 units (yeah, right) so pre-ordering it is crucial if you want to get your Droid Incredible on the day of the official launch.

I'm definitely going there tomo!

04-17-2010 11:58 AM
    I've heard April 19th by a lot of people. Either way, I'll be there to preorder definitely.
    04-17-2010 12:11 PM
    That's what I heard before, too (the 19th), that's why I was kind of surprised to hear it could be pre-ordered on the 18th.

Either way, can't trust VZ people's "knowledge" - a manager at a VZ store, when I asked her what's new coming soon? she said "They're promising iPhone...but I don't know when"... and she said according to her memos, which were updated this morning, there is nothing in them that mentions Droid Incredible Launch any time soon.

Pathetic.
    04-17-2010 01:53 PM
    I beleive you can pre-order thru bestbuy on the 18th and maybe get it earlier..? I thought I heard that somewhere and you can also pre-order thru verizon on the 19th..? I think that is accurate.
    04-17-2010 02:10 PM
    I'm going to have to do a month early upgrade. Does that mean no pre order for me?
    04-17-2010 03:19 PM
    so you have to go to the store to pre-order it? I am paying full retail for it cause I am not due for an upgrade.
    04-17-2010 04:14 PM
    does anybody know if BB will let you use your NE2 discount?
    04-17-2010 08:19 PM
    That's what I want to know. If so, I'm on my way.
    04-17-2010 08:23 PM
    Does anyone know what the full retail is on this thing yet?
    04-18-2010 01:07 AM
    $599, supposedly
    04-18-2010 07:26 AM
    599 is pretty standard.
    04-18-2010 09:35 AM
    Got mine! There seems to be some conflicting info about whether the pre-order can be done at an actual BB store of if it is the free standing BB Mobile only. Mine was at a regular BB, the nearest BB Mobile is about 90 miles away.
    04-18-2010 11:38 AM
    Right now I have a samsung glyde. Had it for two years and its getting on my nerves. The touch screen doesn't work for crap, thank god it had a qwerty keyboard because i wouldn't be able to use it otherwise. But Im eligible for my 2 year upgrade, and I'm planning on pre ordering the incredible tomorrow online. Im doing it online because my employer offers discounts on verizion wireless, hopefully I can get some kind of discount on the incredible. My phone right now frustrates me so much, I can't seem to control myself not to preorder. I am a bit nervous getting a phone without trying it out first. Do you guys think I'm making a mistake preordering? The only other phone I was interested in was the nexus one, but with the incredible Im not considering that one anymore. If the iphone came to verizon I would want that phone hands down, but I figured the incredible is a great substitute for it.
    04-18-2010 12:48 PM
    Do you guys think I'm making a mistake preordering?
    You can always return it, if you don't like it. Trying it out in the comfort of your own home is probably better than trying it out in the store anyway, where it's locked down by those annoying zip ties or whatever they are.
    04-18-2010 01:02 PM
    the phone will be $299 with a 2 year contract? or they dont' know what they are talking about! lol
    Verizon to offer HTC€™s Droid Incredible starting April 29 | The Money Times
    04-18-2010 01:47 PM
    I went to BB this morning and pre-ordered. You pay $50 up front but get a $50 gift card you can use right away. You don't actually pay anything else or do the contract until you pick the little gem up. But the guy said the NE2 will apply.
    04-18-2010 02:29 PM
    I went to BB this morning and pre-ordered. You pay $50 up front but get a $50 gift card you can use right away. You don't actually pay anything else or do the contract until you pick the little gem up. But the guy said the NE2 will apply.
    So I wonder then.. Could you do the preorder thing, and then say you changed your mind. Perhaps the N1 finally comes out this Tuesday and it's got some ridiculous processor like 2GHz or something and a Super AMOLED display (hey I can dream). Are you still obligated to buy the Incredible? Or can you go and just spend the $50 gift card on something else there at Best Buy?
    04-18-2010 02:32 PM
    Im still curious if the phone will be available a few days earlier than the Verizon release. I pre-ordered mine from Best Buy this morning and the flyer that I had to fill out says it expires on 4/28/2010. With my previous pre-orders, you usually have 3 days to get the device after it launches or they do not hold it any longer and can sell it. If that is true still, then maybe 4/25 could be the date it is sold at BB.
    04-18-2010 04:31 PM
    I preordered mine this morning from a regular Best Buy store. The guy said it will be there on 4/29 and not to expect it any earlier.
    04-18-2010 05:49 PM
    Darn. Oh well I guess it was wishful thinking. I just walked in asked for it and filled it out and left. Didnt bother to ask about details since I just assumed it was the 29th for everyone until I saw the expiration date.
    04-18-2010 05:56 PM
    does anybody know if BB will let you use your NE2 discount?
    I went to BB to pre-order the Incredible this morning. I am eligible for the new every 2 discount. The person at BB was not sure whether they could match it. She called her supervisor and was told it was up to her. I told her if they don't match my New Every Two discount then I'm going to go to Verizon to get the phone. She said she'd match it and made a note on the pre-sale form so that I would get the discount when I pick it up on the 29th. My current New Every Two is $50, they may be less inclined to maybe match it if you have the $100 credit.

From the deal it also seems like though they match the New Every Two, Verizon my not officially know, so I may still actually have it with the carrier once I get the phone. We'll see what happens on the 29th.
    04-18-2010 06:22 PM
    the NE2 credit, even if done through BBY (so not through vzw's systems) will dissapear once a new contract / extension is signed.
    04-18-2010 06:28 PM
    Does anybody know if the stores will have an Incredible on display for people to try prior to the 29th? See i just upgraded to a Moto Droid on April 3. So I have 30 days to swap my phone if i choose. Which would give me until May 3rd. So basically 5 days after the phone comes out to make my decision. But if i could decide prior to the phone coming out...thatd be great....

I still need to figure out if i am going to pre-order it or not as well....
    04-18-2010 07:09 PM
    I did the preorder at BB this afternoon and asked about the NE2. She said they couldn't apply like they could at Verizon. I've got a gift card though that I used to pay for the 50 bucks and now have 100 in BB gift cards after some spending today and the one I got. So I'll still get it cheaper but hate there is nothing they can do on the NE2 though. Would make it 50 bucks if they did do it.
    04-18-2010 08:36 PM
    the NE2 credit, even if done through BBY (so not through vzw's systems) will dissapear once a new contract / extension is signed.
    What do you mean? You won't get another NE2 in another two years?
    04-18-2010 08:37 PM
55 123
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD