Facebook News Feed Flashing on and off?

jwehrer

May 27, 2010
Visit site
Anyone else experiencing this issue with their Incredible? When I went to the newsfeed on my facebook app, it never fully loads, it just flashes on and off. I asked a friend that has a T-Bolt and he's not experiencing this problem.

Wanda

May 6, 2010
Visit site
Anyone else experiencing this issue with their Incredible? When I went to the newsfeed on my facebook app, it never fully loads, it just flashes on and off. I asked a friend that has a T-Bolt and he's not experiencing this problem.

The Facebook app for Android is always a constant source of complaint. I've never been fully satisfied with it.

Bierich

Apr 30, 2011
Visit site
Mine just started doing it today, ran fine for a few days but this was after I upgraded to 1.6.

This is on a Thunderbolt BTW, so it's not just phone specific.

UPDATE: If you clear Facebook's cache under the application settings, then log back it, it appears to fix it.

Last edited:
Reactions: manhattan123

Jude526

Trusted Member
Dec 13, 2010
Visit site
Happened to me yesterday as well. Then checked again later and it was fine

sent from my Incredible using tapatalk

Recker

Jun 28, 2010
Visit site
My wife's Incredible did the same thing. I uninstalled the app and then re-installed it and it fixed the problem. That worked for about ten days and it started doing the same thing. I uninstalled/re-installed it again and that fixed it. It will be annoying if I have to do that every ten days.

slinky317

Oct 18, 2009
Visit site
There's still a way to get to the old version of the feed. Just create a Facebook widget, and then tap the Facebook icon on the top-left of that widget and it should take you to the old style.

manhattan123

Jul 9, 2011
Visit site
Mine just started doing it today, ran fine for a few days but this was after I upgraded to 1.6.

This is on a Thunderbolt BTW, so it's not just phone specific.

UPDATE: If you clear Facebook's cache under the application settings, then log back it, it appears to fix it.
So glad you added that update Bierich, it worked perfectly. My OG Droid started flashing the News Feed section on and off a few days ago, annoying as hell. Clearing the cache then logging off & back on fixed it. Thanks for the tip! :)