04-28-2010 05:29 AM
1,991 ... 1617181920 ...
tools
    My personal phone is Windows Mobile and work phone is a Blackberry. I also work on users' iPhones on a regular basis. With this phone I can finally afford to jump to an INCREDIBLE (get it!) phone running an INCREDIBLE operating system, so I can properly look down my nose at all the inferior phones I work on for other people all day long!
    04-19-2010 01:34 PM
    So excited to leverage the 1GHz processor to fly between apps (I'm a multitasking junkie). Even better, as a gadgetmom of 6, I'll be able to ditch my camera and rely on the 8MP camera on the Incredible. This device is such a unifying device - it's fast enough that I can do everything I use a computer for - Facebook, Twitter, Web Browsing, Email, Text Messaging/IM, add a camera, music/podcasting and phone functions and I'm carrying 1 device. Pretty Incredible for a mom. My kids will tell all their friends about me, I may even get the Elastigirl suit to go with my new phone!
    04-19-2010 01:34 PM
    As an anti-Apple, Steve Jobs hating, iPhone trashing, Google fanboy, I have been looking forward to the launch of the HTC Incredible since people weren’t sure if it was a rumor. Oh, I didn’t start a Google fanboy... Far from it! I used Yahoo! e-mail, Internet Explorer (and occasionally Firefox), Microsoft Office, and Windows 7, and was looking forward to the iPhone coming to Verizon! I didn’t look to Google Services for anything but Search and Google News. After getting the DROID last December (when my enV Touch started crapping out on me on a daily basis, and I didn’t want to wait until Apple felt like releasing a Verizon-compatible iPhone), I fell in love with Android’s openness and customizability. Everything made my life easier, from the functionality of the Gmail app (and optional Gmail Tag Shortcuts), Google Maps Navigation, Google Voice, and Gmail Calendar widget; to the plethora of custom apps that improved basic functions (Handcent SMS, UberKeyboard until the 2.1 update, Dolphin Browser, QuickSettings) added features (Wi-Fi tethering through PDANet, Bible lookup through LiveBible, Financial Management through Assistant, iPod replacement through iSyncr), and Home Replacement apps that I could customize to my own liking (PandaHome, Home++, HelixLauncher). Who needs an iMaxi... err, sorry... iPad?

I ended up loving the features and customizability of Android so much that I migrated my Yahoo and Hotmail e-mail to my dormant Gmail account I had created a couple years prior (I had the 3 messages in my Inbox, all “Welcome to Gmail” crap), just so that I could setup labels and have a better Spam filter. I downloaded Chrome, and am now running it with several extensions and signed up for Google Voice (after my friend told me it would replace Visual Voicemail, while add transcription to my voicemails). I’m even getting acquainted with Google Docs and I can’t wait till a tablet gets released with Chrome OS or Android! My enthusiasm has now convinced several of my friends to jump on the Android bandwagon, and I have several friends who will be getting a Droid Incredible, HTC Evo 4G (on Sprint), Nexus One (when it releases on Verizon), and a couple who have ditched their iPhone, and are now proud DROID owners.

That being said, my wife’s upgrade is coming soon, and she really wants a physical keyboard like mine, while I would gladly ditch the keyboard for a Snapdragon processor, an 8MP camera, and more onboard memory for downloading more apps!

Besides having a small laptop that also serves as a navigation unit, camera, flashlight, alarm, mirror, remote control, mobile gaming device, Wi-Fi hotspot, that can also be used as a phone... I will have another reason to tell all of my Android cronies that AndroidCentral is the place to go for an education on everything Android.

AndroidCentral, can I please have an HTC Droid Incredible?
    04-19-2010 01:35 PM
    A few ideas and random things that the Incredible would do:
    1. Laugh like a kid when i get one in my hands
    2. I would spend the day not saying anything negative about anyone or anything(Busy playing with phone, rest of world will not exist.)
    3. Video myself (Using the phone, sheesh you guys are perverts.)
    4. Help someone anonymously by twittering about my Incredible phone
    5. Get shot out of cannon while holding phone.(That just sounds cool)
    04-19-2010 01:35 PM
    I'll use its incredible screen to finish my medical app for doctors.
    04-19-2010 01:38 PM
    I'd use it to stop all wars, end world hunger and create a cure for aids. If you doubt it, there's only one way to prove me wrong...
    04-19-2010 01:38 PM
    If I were to win this phone, I would seriously consider changing my to David or Bruce because under the Android banner with all that it does this hulk of a phone is not incredible it is "Andcredible!"
    04-19-2010 01:41 PM
    I think the Iphone 4g will be superior than the HTC Incredible. No? Then prove me wrong by sending me the device. I'll see if it changes my opinion about the device.
    04-19-2010 01:41 PM
    As the current owner of a Palm Pre, here are the following Incredible feats I will perform:
    • Due to the Incredible's solid single body construction, I will be able to have more children in the future as I will no longer have a Palm Pre which frequently slides open in my pocket and nudges my nads.
    • I like taking candid and unrehearsed photographs. With an 8MP camera not only will the awkward facial expressions I capture be captured in the highest resolution available on a phone, but they will also be illuminated in a burst of double-your-pleasure dual flash. Great for uploading to Facebook or for use in blackmailing subject of said photograph.
    • Evincing emotion out of people is a favored past time of mine. It is a truly great feat to coax the most tempered individual into fits of frustration, a feat I plan to accomplish by responding "An Incredible one." whenever asked the question, "Wow! Cool phone! What kind is it?". Must remember to accompany planned response with a smug smirk. Likewise, I will no longer be the laughing stock of...well, the world. I dare you to maintain your self esteem and pride when asked what kind of phone you have and your response is "A Palm Pre". It's frikkin' ego shattering man.
    • A feat worthy of acclaim is to be understood 100% of the time. Something not easily accomplished when sending text messages on a physical keyboard that has the comma and period key's broken. Case in point, a recent text message exchange between my girlfriend and I. She had contacted me via SMS this weekend to inquire as to what I was doing, presumably to ask me to hang out or chisel the callouses off the bottom of her arthritis-ridden feet (she's 34 years older than me...she has her own money. Cougars Rule!). She knew I was at my aunt's farm but I figured I would respond nonetheless so I replied with what I was doing at that exact second: "hey im helping my uncle jack off a horse". My Pre ended a relationship that was entirely based on sex simply because the comma key broke. Thanks a lot Palm. Oh crap...I just realized I no longer have a girlfriend but I still have a Palm. Oh Lord of All Things Holy...please give me my dignity back.
    • Battery life. Do any of you know how crappy the Pre battery is? No? Try to imagine having to recharge your battery between tweets. Yeah the Pre does tethering...YOU TIED TO YOUR CHARGER! The Incredible would free me from my shackles and grant me the freedom that a real smart phone should give.
    • Google transit integration. Those of you who don't live in a big city might not understand the importance of this so let me explain. I live in NYC. It's super expensive to live here which means I have an apartment the size of your closet and I don't own any means of transportation. Sure I could reclaim my old bicycle from my parents' house and use that to get around but how frikkin' cool do you think I will look pulling up to my favorite hang out on split-pea soup colored schwinn with a sparkly banana seat? It doesn't work man. So mass transit is how I get around. Oh but guess what? The Pre doesn't have this feature. So I'm stuck trying to find my way. Yeah I could print out a map and use that but I already told you I live in an apartment the size of a closet. Trust me when I saw I don't have the space for a printer.
    • Oh yeah, and without the ability to figure out how to get anywhere, I can't partake in any fun. About the only thing my Pre is good for is receiving a call but even that's a double-edged sword because the calls I get are usually to tell me about all the fun I missed out on the night before because I couldn't find my way to the place du jour because this frikkin' Palm Pre hockey puck isn't capable of that! So I get calls like, "Hey man, you should have been there last night! There were like 7 girls to every guy. Even that fat kid that always wears the Battlestar Galactica shirt who hangs around Paul hooked up." All because my phone is crap.

I could go on an on but the more I recall these incidents, the worse I feel.
    04-19-2010 01:42 PM
    ace, amazing, astonishing, astounding, awe-inspiring, awesome, extraordinary, fabulous, glorious, great, prodigious, superhuman, unreal, wonderful awesome, fascinating, incredible, marvelous, prodigious, shocking, stunning, surprising, unbelievable, wonderful amazing, bizarre, boss, curious, exceptional, fab, fantastic, flash, gnarly, heavy, inconceivable, incredible, marvelous, odd, off beaten path, out of the ordinary, outstanding, particular, peculiar, phenomenal, rare, remarkable, singular, special, strange, stupendous, surprising, terrific, uncommon, unfamiliar, unheard-of, unimaginable, unique, unprecedented, unthinkable, unusual, unwonted, weird, wicked 10, A-1, A-OK, aces, astonishing, astounding, awesome, best, breathtaking, cool, doozie, extravagant, fab, fantastic, fictitious, first-class, greatest, groovy, immense, inconceivable, incredible , legendary, marvelous, mind-blowing, out-of-sight, out-of-this-world, outrageous, peachy, phenomenal, primo, prodigious, rad, remarkable, spectacular, striking, stupendous, super, superb, terrific, top drawer, tops, turn-on, unbelievable, unreal, wicked absurd, aerial, bizarre, blue sky, capricious, castles in the air, chimerical, curious, dreamlike, extravagant, fabulous, fairy-tale, fancied, fantastic, fantastical, fictional, fictitious, fictive, flaky, floating, ideal, illusory, imaginative, imagined, incredible , kinky, legendary, mythical, notional, offbeat, on cloud nine, pie in the sky, pipe dream, poetic, preposterous, shadowy, suppositious, unreal, visionary, whimsical, wild absurd, artificial, capricious, chimerical, comical, crazy, eccentric, erratic, exotic, extravagant, extreme, fanciful, far-fetched, fictional, foolish, foreign, freakish, grotesque, hallucinatory, illusive, imaginative, implausible, incredible , insane, irrational, ludicrous, mad, misleading, nonsensical, odd, out of sight, outlandish, peculiar, phantasmagorical, preposterous, quaint, *****, ridiculous, singular, suppositious, unbelievable, unlikely, unreal, wacky, weird, whimsical bizarre, doubtful, dubious, eccentric, fantastic, fishy, forced, hard to swallow, illogical, implausible, improbable, incoherent, inconsequential, incredible , labored, preposterous, *****, recondite, strained, strange, suspicious, unbelievable, unconvincing, unlikely, unnatural, unrealistic, first rate, world-class, number one, champion, star, leading, top quality! Yup, that about sums up why I want this phone.
    04-19-2010 01:43 PM
    I will waste an INCREDIBLE amount of time. Install an INCREDIBLE number of apps. Make my friends with iPhones INCREDIBLE-ly jealous. I may even make a phone call or two and have an INCREDIBLE conversation with some people.

Basically, it will be... OUTSTANDING!
    04-19-2010 01:45 PM
    With the Incredible, I will finally be able to wipe my butt with an iPhone (or maybe just poke fun of apple fanboys since I don't actually own an iPhone). =]
    04-19-2010 01:46 PM
    I would create a seti@home interface (maybe I'll call it seti@phone), that takes advantage of the 1Ghz processors' idle time. To save battery life the app would allow you to create a maximum run time i.e. 1hr/day. Imagine making an incredible discovery on your incredible phone!
    04-19-2010 01:46 PM
    it would be INCREDIBLE to get rid of my current BB Storm phone, for a more INCREDIBLE phone that doesn't slow down.
    04-19-2010 01:47 PM
    I plan on using it to shut up all the iPhone fan boys who'll assuredly be on about their BRAND NEW ability to multitask.
    04-19-2010 01:47 PM
    If I had a Droid Incredible I would root it and make a new rom for it every day and I wouldn't be able to stop flashing and testing until my incredible girlfriend left me because I spend so much free time hacking every phone on the planet! But seriously the snapdragon processor and built in 8gb storage opens up a whole bunch of possibilities for partitioning and future compatibility.
    04-19-2010 01:49 PM
    I'll use the Incredible to take over the world in the palm of my hand... =-) That or start an Android Bot net one cell phone at a time. (j/k)
    04-19-2010 01:50 PM
    Winning the DROID Incredible would have many results, although the best of which would be this:

Mr. Incredible

I'd be Mr. Incredible, but with a DROID Incredible.

On a mostly-unrelated note, I would also be able to own a powerful anDROID device that doesn't scare me every time I get a text message. Or turn it on.

*shudders*

04-19-2010 01:51 PM
    As someone who is beginning to explore aerial photography and videography, I would like to have a device capable of displaying the images/video captured better than the LCD on the camera itself. Being that my Blackberry Storm is limited by it's hardware, I am unable to preview videos on the device. I would like to take my remote controlled aerial Photography platform up to 75' or so and release my phone onto a hard surface (asphalt, concrete, rocks, depending on location). I would have video from both the onboard camera, as well as a ground camera. I may be able to even capture video from the blackberry itself, if the file is readable after the fall. I'd capture video with the incredible as well if it was in my possession at the time of the drop.

If filmed out in BLM (government owned public use land that can be used for variety of purposes) could finish the phone after a drop with a couple holes from a variety of firearms both safely and legally. I could then take incredible pictures of the carnage with the 8MP camera on the Incredible!

Alternatively, I could take some aerial video using the Incredible's video capability, and take photos if there is a continuous shot mode, or some sort of periodic timer feature.
    04-19-2010 01:54 PM
    A device like the Incredible will bring about the era of eternal happiness in my life as a gadget-lover. One device that does it all. I can pack up my Nokia E71, Zune generation 1 mp3 & iPod Touch in my blender, run it on speed 9, and film the process of cleanliness on the Incredible for everyone to see.

A tech-enthusiast's Nirvana. No more arguing about the networks, OS's, or hardware. Just happiness.

And then there was one.
    04-19-2010 01:55 PM
    I'd happily use the video camera on the Incredible to capture a hammer coming down on my old AT&T phone. :-) Seriously, destroy my Blackjack.
    04-19-2010 01:56 PM
    Ugh, I'll finally have an Android device to develop on instead of using the emulator with Eclipse! (I'm holding out until June to get the HTC Evo) With the Incredible I'll be able to jump-start development on my first addicting game for the Android Market - a top-view shooter a la "1942" for the NES. And it will be just as insanely difficult.
    04-19-2010 01:56 PM
    I would use it to record myself beating the $h*t out of my Storm 1 with a sledgehammer and send it to you to post on the forum.
    04-19-2010 01:57 PM
    i will use the incredible 720p videocamera to record myself throwing my iPod touch from one end of a parking lot to another, and then upload the video to Youtube. Seriously, if I win this Droid Incredible, I'll record this incredible feat.
    04-19-2010 01:57 PM
    i'll be able to tell my friends my phone is incredible and it actually be true !! no more bb storm jokes !!! WOOHOO !! no more lag !! no more missing pics cause it takes too long and the moment is gone :-(
    04-19-2010 02:00 PM
1,991 ... 1617181920 ...
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD