04-28-2010 05:29 AM
1,991 ... 4748495051 ...
tools
    With this phone I'll be able to tell my best friend that I have a better phone than him. He has an iPhone so it's not that hard to beat that

I'll also be able to finally have an awesome video recorder.
    04-26-2010 10:10 AM
    1st i will use the incredible browser and log into the incredible android central and tell every 1 how incredible my experience was with the site and i will post pics of my brand new Droid Incredible made by HTC
    If I win this Incredible, I will tattoo "Android Central" on my ***; then, use the Incredible's camera to snap a picture of it.

Disclaimer: no...not really, but I'd love to see someone (preferably female) do it.
    I still have the old BlackBerry Storm 1 since it's initial release, and you can probably guess how much fun I've been having with it. :rolleyes: I went from Palm, then was forced into Blackberry since it was Verizon's best SmartPhone. I'm going Android now, and I'm not looking back!

Incredible FEAT #1: Take video of me smashing my Storm, and then upload video to youtube!

Thanks!
    I would use the amazing "Droid" Incredible to enhance my daily life in some really astounding ways! It would make my entire daily life much more awesome. Using its unreal, superhuman powers I would go about the business of solving crimes and improving humanity. There would be no need for government or police anymore, because my awe-inspiring new Incredible would solve all problems before they even started!
    04-26-2010 10:11 AM
    I will use the Incredible to make my iPhone loving cousin cry in the presence of its Incredibleness!
    Weep!
    Now bow down....
    I will be able to perform the incredible feat of replacing a five year old Razr!
    I will use the hell out of the timer and never over-steep my tea again!
    Ummm… It does have a timer doesn’t it?
    04-26-2010 10:12 AM
    I have newborn twins (18 months old). I am fat. I am losing weight so I can take my kids to Disney and actually ride the rides with them.

I am doing Weight Watchers and have currently lost 54 pounds, with a goal of losing 200.

Getting a HTC Incredible would allow me to access the Weight Watchers site when I am not at my computer, and help me reach my incredible weight loss goal.

I think this is pretty awesome. Plus, it would be awesome for Android Central for me to say "Android Central helped me lose 200 pounds."

Hook me up!
    Well I'm currently using a Droid Eris, what makes this phone so bad you ask. Well my previous phone got ran over my a car, my fault really but long story. Well the rep that I bought my phone from didn't put the insurance on when I asked for it so when I called Asurion they were confused and couldn't help me. I then had to call Verizon and go through a big fiasco just to get them to send me an out of warranty phone(which I wasn't out of warranty just only thing they could do I guess). So I received a refurbished phone which was fine by me because a phone is better than no phone. I received the phone but with no battery cover! I called tech support(on several occasions) they(VZW) is out of stock and have been for over 4 weeks and I refuse to buy a $32 dollar battery cover from HTC when the one from VZW costs $14. Yeah got me too. But this Droid Incredible would be a nice fit to replace my "jank" Eris!
    The Droid Incredible will allow me to finally have a means to do all the Incredible things that Incredibly can do. I will be able to film the inside of a tornado, get front line war footage, and catch the original “Incredible”, Spiderman, swinging through the streets of Manhattan.
    04-26-2010 10:14 AM
    My wife currently has a beat down G1 and it breaking down on her. It would be great if I would win a Droid Incredible for her.
    Hi, My Name Is Anthony.

I am going to use the HTC Verizon Incredible to book a flight to the incredappalacian (appalacian) mountains. To frolic

about with the nnative species, and identify thenm with my pair of Google Goggles, and once i find the much soughtafter

woodchuck, we are going to travel the east side of the mountains until i find the red-spotted newt and dump the

woodchuck using handcent b/c he's been hiding the fact that his touch screen phone can't multitask, I'm afraid that might

be detrimental to our relationship so I ended it because don't want to get hurt in the end. I'm tired,hungry and the fear of

death by dysentry is seetting in, I decide that i'm in the mood for some mediteranean cusine with a thai flair. So i pull out

Where? and search till i find a great restaurant ironically called Meditthairanean and search yelp to find that they are

newt friendly as long they are service newts, I voice search mountain lion taxi and schedule a pick up, we follow my

google nav directions until we show up at the restaurant, I pull out my sunglasses and leash my service newt and

gandered around like stevie wonder. Finally, i put some gloria estefan radio on my pandora and enjoyed my pad thai

with frog legs. I'll picasa my 8mp pic of fred and I enjoying out food on april 28th. This dream occured on april 26th at

5:07 am EST. You can make dreams come true on the 28th of april. I will be fist pump pumped if i win.

Thanks Android Central.
    I will convert all iPhone and Storm fans into an Android fanatic. I will also wow all naysayers and uninformed with the Sense UI.
    04-26-2010 10:15 AM
    I love technology, and would do everything with a Droid Incredible- I use it for studying, organizing, cooking, shopping, and more. Though most importantly, I'd use it to help better treat patients I work with. There are many apps in the Android market that would allow me to have quick access to information that would allow me to better diagnose and treat a patient. Such as Epocrates, along with many others. I would also use filing and documentation to better organize information on my patients for that day. Since filing is done via computer now, at the beginning of each day, I would be able to download some of the most vital information about the patient onto my phone and have it right there - this would be especially helpful in emergency situations. By having the information right in front of me, I could give patients more complete answers and comfort. Later that day when I was done seeing patients I would have the ability to select which files I would want to keep on my SD card for a little while - there are times when you know you'll need to be talking to a patient from home and it'll be better to have access via the Droid Incredible to that information, again giving me the ability to be better informed of their history etc while talking to them. This would become a great daily routine that would allow me to better assist my patients, and do it quickly - not all smart phones have the ease and speed of the Droid Incredible. Having the Droid Incredible would not only effect my life, but the lives of the numerous patients I see everyday.
    04-26-2010 10:17 AM
    I would finally have a cooler phone than my wife. Maybe even earn my title as gadget king again. I have not had that title since I got a Treo 650 several years ago. Problem is, I am still using that phone.

Anyway, I plan to use it heavily for work.

- Hundreds of emails a day
    - Dozens of appointments each week
    - Hundreds of SMS pages from servers each month
    - Tethering my netbook and laptops when out of the office
    - Monitoring servers remotely and fixing problems (ssh, VNC..)
    - Better pictures and video of the kids
    - and above all, touting the coolness of the Android platform and taking back my crown as Gadget King

For a summary of my current phone, see below:
    --------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Where should I start?

The phone is several years old, at least 6 or 7. It is beat up and falling apart. You can look at the side and see it seperating. I have scrapped parts and batteries from all my friends old Treo's as they upgraded to Android phones. I use three batteries to charge from other devices because my phone will not charge anymore. The web browser is only good for Google RSS feeds anymore.

If you want anymore reason why I should win, 14kbps data and I can't even tether these days. 22MB RAM and some of that is taken by the OS. A sub-megapixel camera. And finally, MY WIFE HAS A COOLER PHONE THAN ME, A DROID.
    I will be able to make all buddies with iphones "incredibly" jealous!
    I'm a diabetic, and as such have to carefully monitor my food intake and compensate with appropriate doses of insulin. I will use the Incredible to provide critical information about foods I eat and to help make more healthy choices; I could look up nutritional information for restaurant foods, track what I've eaten throughout the day/week/month, and even help plan/track exercise (exercise is an important part of a diabetic's treatment plan).
    Being a software developer, I also hope to develop applications that are specifically targeted at diabetics and insulin pump users, so I guess you could say I would use an Incredible to make the world a better place ;-)
    04-26-2010 10:18 AM
    I could actually surf the web, something that is PAINFUL on my LG Voyager...

Doing so would allow me to search out a new job, further allowing me to continue to afford the added $30/month for the data plan ;-)
    With the Incredible, I can drop kick the Storm 1 that I have had since launch.

I am tired of the RIM-job I got with that phone...
    so i can show people how incredibly crappy and overrated their motorola droids are
    04-26-2010 10:20 AM
    I will use this phone to start a business, by having a smartphone i will have access to the internet when i need it most to make the most informed purchases...... an incredible would get me incredibly rich...
    04-26-2010 10:20 AM
    With my Incredbile and its 8 MP camera, I will be able to make a shot for shot remake of Spaceballs. Who doesn't want that, right?
    04-26-2010 10:21 AM
    I am going to make peace in the Middle East with my Droid Incredible.

First, I will use the beautiful, high quality camera to snap a photo of myself (a Jew) and my best friend (an Arab) doing a super awesome high five, with which we will email it (of course on the phone) to all of the newspapers and billboard owners of the Middle East.

Once everyone sees the awesomeness that is, I will then use the Droid Incredible to send a mass text to all of the leaders of the region (don't get mad if I use swype without a license, it's just so efficient) so that together we can listen to Lady Gaga covers until we all decide that the age of politics and otherness is over, we can all relate over her majesty's immense power.

Finally, to seal the deal, I will update my facebook and twitter with a group video of us singing "We Shall Overcome" in 5-part harmony.

Easy enough with a Droid Incredible. If I don't get it...can we really tolerate more of this unsustainable status quo?
    04-26-2010 10:22 AM
    The Incredible will let me do what every smartphone owner needs, a functioning phone.

What brings me here today you ask?
    Well, it is none other than the infamous, the down right clickable:
    Blackberry Storm 1
    And like everyone else, it is pretty much self explanatory.
    As a refresher:
    1. I could run a mile faster than it takes to load a webpage with its browser
    2. Its spell-check will correct words to wronger words ei: "altough" to "altouggh"
    3. It's the reason I need to wear a belt on my pants.
    4. It's amazing there is even enough app-memory to load the operating system.
    5. I can also run another mile before its camera takes a photo.
    6. It will refuse to play back its own video it recorded...
    7. There might as well not be a battery cover, because I am always removing it to pull the battery.
    8. It will sometimes decide to play its own ringtone, just depending on its mood.
    9. I could run 10 miles before this thing boots up.
    10. It's a BB. No fun. No play. No excitement. No visual thrills. Might as well be in black and white.
    11. Oh and tell my friends to stop trying to pinch'n'zoom. Geez come on, it's the storm. Get with it.

I feel anyone with this phone deserves a Droid Incredible. We have been through enough.

Make my phone smart again, bring on the Droid Incredible.
    04-26-2010 10:22 AM
1,991 ... 4748495051 ...
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD