Win a Droid Incredible from Android Central! (contest)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Flyguide83

Nov 16, 2009
www.northwestfrontier.com
If you pick me, I promise to send you all photos taken with the incredible while I'm on the "the White Star"(250 ft yacht) in the middle of a Girls Gone Wild party next month.... Maybe even some video??

mgnm257

Apr 22, 2010
Visit site
Incredible!

Finally, with the Incredible, I will be able to achieve my dream of uncovering the secrets of the templar in Washington D.C.! With a battery that will last me all day and a processor fast enough to keep up with my quick multitasking, I will be able to video and picture document my trek to find the lost and hidden secrets our forefathers left behind. The maps will prevent me from getting lost and android apps will help me traverse the complex public transit system with ease. At 4.6 oz it won't be a heavy burden to carry around and to top it off, if a website I need for clues uses flash, I won't be left in the dark! Oh yeah, and since its on Verizon, calls if I need to use my phone a friend lifeline won't be dropped arbitrarily. I am so excited for my Incredible Journey powered by my new Verizon HTC Droid Incredible!

ifrankenberg

Apr 22, 2010
Visit site
Thanks to my wife here is my not so incredible droid life so far.
Never posted on the forums here before but i've read them for the past 6 months so this is my first post. Anyway here is why i should win the Incredible
Keep in mind that my wife is disconnected from the world of technology, She doesn't know how to type and she didn't own a computer untill we started dating. I have only been married about 6+ monts, time has already blended together.
but our New every 2 came up in august of 09, I kept track of the motorola droid since i first herd about. Thinking Sweet I can use my new every 2 and get it. I calculated out our bill and did all my homework i get a 20% my bill due to my works discount with verizon. Presented all my findings to the wife and all i got was "I'll think about it, maybe after the wedding.." Thats cool, Wedding first droid second. Wedding comes and goes and my current phone is on it's last leg. About a month after the wedding we finally make it a point to go to think about going to verizon. Days come and go, I keep dropping hints and talking about the Droid. The day before we go to verizon we are talking about what phone are out. Once again i pull out all my research and notes and calculations. And what response do i get. "Why do you need that phone, What does it do, Why is so special about it"?
My response. I does everything.. I couldn't think of anything else to say besides it just does everything. She came back with well why do you need it.

here is where the door gets slammed in my face.

Well when you want me to go shopping with you to all of your craft stores which we spend hours at just to walk around and fill our cart up just for you to decide you don't want anything that we put in the cart and have to walk back thru the store and put everything back, I could be watching a movie, Listening to music, Browsing the web and/or anything else that i can do on a a phone. I can be entertained and wouldn't mind going shopping with you.

Door slammed, Door locked, Key Thrown away

Her response, You don't need that phone, what you don't want to spend time with me, bla bla bla, i can't remember the rest, i kinda zoned out. If i had an incredible i could have recorded what she was saying and listen to it at a later moment so i could retain what she said.
We continued to bicker all the way to the verizon store. Sat down with the rep. and he was asking what kinda phones we wanted. I said i would like to get the droid. That pissed the wife off and then she took over. I couldn't get a word in anywhere. So.... In the end I lost, I had to get an Env 3... She was nice enough to let me get the blue one instead of the pink one.

That is why i believe i should win the droid Incredible because it would make me incredibly happy and make the wife incredibly pissed. So please Hook a guy up.

Long story short. Wife is a incredibly mean and denied me anything that is too technically advanced..

mjesenovec

Dec 17, 2009
Visit site
The Motorola Droid definitely DOES, but I would love something that DOES...faster.

Enter: Droid Incredible. Sleek form, snappy performance will allow me to be more productive on a daily basis, and further enjoy multimedia and apps in my down time.

gt3dan

Nov 3, 2009
Visit site
I want an Incredible because Chuck Norris would use an Incredible! All other phones would explode in the presence of the Incredible, and then Chuck Norris would round house their users right in the face. Chuck Norris and the Incredible would be unstoppable!

jake-ryan1990

Apr 22, 2010
Visit site
Droid Incredible: The Droid Incredible made by HTC It's big, it's bad, it can be talk

i will be able to access the internet at incredible speeds compared to my droid eris....i'll be able access All of my socialnetworking sites at incredible speeds, and be the 'talk of the school' with the HTC Incredible.....
i'll be able to have incredibly style with this powerfully awesome handset and will be able to have a great camera in my pocket compared to droid eris w/ broken camera :/ 8mp's vs. 0mp's on my broken camera'd droid eris

and all of this will be all thanks to android central and their thoughtfulness of gifting someone this InCrEdIbLe Smartphone.....
and make me and my life INCREDIBLY happy........compared to INCREDIBLY sad and in mourn from my favorite grandpas death...with this, i'll be able to help out in contacting plenty of people to prepare his funeral....all at incredibly fast speeds!!!!!!!!!!!

well, i have to get a new phone to begin with, because my droid eris crashed, and well...i have to resort back to my old cell, which is a broken old dinosaurrr

Last edited:

coryteague

Apr 22, 2010
Visit site
I would actually use the speech to text function while driving so that I don't endanger the little ones I manny for all day.. Let me tell you it's definitely an issue!!!

fngo

Apr 21, 2010
Visit site
I'll finally be able to introduce my dad to the smart phone world, because he's been dying to purchase one but has always been too frugal. I know he's been eyeing a Motorola Droid for a while but he decided to put me first and got me a Blackberry instead. And what could possibly be more incredible than an Incredible for a first smart phone? (Excuse the horrible pun.) :)

TrevorL

Apr 22, 2010
Visit site
Nice!

Yes, this is... incredible! I would love to get this phone. I could break my blackberry addiction (that would be an incredible feat) and start using a 21st century smart phone. I confess, this would be my first Android phone. How incredible would that be?! I'm ready to move on AC, but I think it will take something incredible for that to happen.

Last edited:

lordkian

Feb 2, 2010
Visit site
Aloha! I'm from Hawaii. The island is known for it's beautiful beaches. Sadly I've never tried surfing.... But with the Incredible, I can finally keep up with the locals and be proud that I too can surf AND EVEN FASTER than them. SURFING THE NET, that is. TEEHEE!:D

P.S. If I do get selected, I know you want some pictures of the beautiful wahines (ladies) during a Hula performance... easy job with the Incredible. Ok. ok. I'll get you a video.

Last edited:

kreauchee

Apr 14, 2010
Visit site
With the HTC Droid Incredible I will...

...send texts to my mother so I need not get stuck on the phone for and hour while only speaking for 2 minutes of it.
...take pictures of my life and post them all over so that those who know me may bask in the delicate light of my glory.
...downlaod apps while riding my unicycle, limiting myself to $10/month so as not to go broke.
...browse the web while free climbing El Capitan in Yosemite National Park.
...finally catch that damn Road Runner with the ACME device blueprints app.
...teach Barrack Obama the error of his ways by showing him the inferiority of the Presidential Blackberry.
...leap like a gazelle and record my distance with augmented reality video apps.
...dance like a monkey.
...eat a taco.
...go to Disneyland.
...make your funk the P-Funk.
...walk the earth, recording my good deeds and adventures like Caine from Kung Fu......but with a sweet-ass phone instead of Kung Fu.
...score more points than Michael Jordan and then blog about it from the locker room.
...design world peace out of Legos...and then let children dismantle it.
...scan every eyeball I encounter with the bar code scanner, just in case.
...climb a tree, meet a woodpecker, and become such good friends with it by using Google Animal Translator that it will defend me to the death.
...learn to ride a horse wearing nothing but brown leather chaps and a phone pouch for my Droid.
...wear it on my wrist and deflect bullets like Wonder Woman.
...get drunk at a bar and let my Droid drive me home.
...not fear the Reaper.
...bring Buddhist Monks to their knees with my deep and insightful haiku.
...not even have to use my AK. It will be a good day.
...join the Power Rangers on an epic adventure (I'll be their communications expert......and Kung Fu instructor).
...show you my Pokemons.
...eat another taco.
...learn to throw it and catch it like Captain America's shield.
...build a log cabin and dress like a lumberjack.
...shave my head and sneak into people's kitchens, pretending to be Mr. Clean.
...ride a jet ski to work over concrete instead of driving.
...figure out, once and for all, whether we are human or dancers.
...bake the most delicious cookies and feed them to mice, binding them to me forever.
...fill my coat with wild pygmy marmosets and unleash the fury upon all who oppose me.
...train ducks to be my loyal minions and rule the world with the iron fist of benevolence.
...win a gold medal in the Olympic Hammer Toss.
...reach deep into my soul, and pull out a rabbit.

But most important of all, I will speak the speak of love with my girl from afar and document the first year of my baby girl's life. In the end, a phone must be a phone before all else......and this is my phone.

ftumph

Feb 2, 2010
Visit site
I've had an account on Android Central for 11 weeks. I follow you on Twitter. I even listen to the podcast... and I don't even own an Android phone! I know that Android is the way I want to go next, so I've been watching the market, waiting for just the right phone to show up, and this is it.

So what will I do that is incredible? I don't know. Enter into the world of Android with the nicest phone ever made... or just actually OWN an Android phone finally?

marvs827

Apr 23, 2010
Visit site
I would love the win the Droid INCREDIBLE, i have an old verizon phone with no full web support, email and game. the HTC would be INCREDIBLE for all of that. All my friends would stop making fun of me especially my Iphone friend's I think Android is way better than the App store. Android Rocks

karamell

Apr 23, 2010
Visit site
With the HTC Incredible?

I could be awesome at work!

Fascinating at meetings!

Marvelous to my boss!

Wonderful to my man friend!

Unbelievable to my enemies!

Prodigious to my fellow graduates! WHOO-HOO!

Shocking to those iPhone users? na na, na na na !

Surprising to my fellow fashionistas!

Stunning to Android haters everywhere!

I?d be simply, absolutely, categorically, conclusively, decidedly, decisively, definitely, easily, exactly, positively, precisely, really, surely, truly, unambiguously, unconditionally, unquestionably INCREDIBLE!

gracefulminutes

Apr 23, 2010
Visit site
OK, here goes...
As a not-so-new member to the Android community, I've been with this crazy train since the G1 (needed no name). I've had the myTouch (Steve), the CLIQ (Graciela), and now my Droid (who I have named Hans).

yes, I name my phones, because they're effin' awesome!

Anyhoo, I do sooo much with my Droid. From e-mails to professors and advisors, to listening to music on the fly, it's always there for me...even with a spare battery in my back pocket. As much as I love my Droid, I could use a new hardcore bucket of 'does'...in a nicely packaged...well, package.

WHY THE ESSAY-STYLE? -- well, I'm writing an informational report for business writing...might as well stick with the flow, right?

So, I should win the DROID Incredible because, well, it's INCREDIBLE. No need for the puns, the quirks, or any of that jazz. DOESN'T THE INCREDIBLE SPEAK FOR ITSELF?!
Verizon's 3G -- 1GHz Snapdragon -- Sense (wooHOO!) -- 2.1 -- 8MP -- need I say more?

No need for the song and dance. The DROID series just does. There's no need to sugarcoat it.

(PS -- I'd save the world, become President, marry Megan Fox AND Ryan Reynolds, have 8 kids and save the world again, take pictures, send video to YouTube, tweet about ALL of my adventures and do it in INCREDIBLE style)-- that's my pun. It contradicts almost all I've said, but hell, might as well get it out, right? (twss)

tkalvey

Apr 23, 2010
Visit site
What will I do with an Incredible?

I will send Steve Jobs an e-mail letting him know that HE was the reason I ditched my i-phone. I was fed up with his tunnel vision. His personal battles with Google and Adobe have restricted the usefulness of the I-phone.

I can't wait for my AT&T contract to expire. If I don't win this phone now, I will quickly go replace my iphone as soon as the contract is over.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coehlcke