04-28-2010 05:29 AM
1,991 ... 7677787980
tools
    I plan to use the Incredible to learn the API between the Android Market app and Google. That way I can begin to spider the app market and build a search engine containing all the android apps to compliment my iPhone and iPad app search engine. Ultimately I hope to offer the most comprehensive search engine of mobile apps, reviews and discussions. The key is simply the Incredible and a little networking and programming know-how.

- Scott
    04-27-2010 08:15 PM
    With the incredible, I will help MacGruber from SNL to finally be able to get out of the building safely before it explodes, by modifying the internal programming in the timer to give us more time. Then, once we are outside, I will use the sweet video camera to take a video of the building as it explodes. Then I will upload it to all of my social networking sites at the same time, using friendstream.
    04-27-2010 08:18 PM
    I can see it now Mountain Biking really fast would be the first thing I would do with the HTC Incredible. I would head up my favorite trail as fast as possible and track my progress using the high speed data network and a handy app from the Android Market. Technically, in the past, I have spent more time crashing into the side of the mountain with my mountain bike rather than riding in the upright position. My specialty is minor injuries caused by multitasking at the worst possible time and big rocks in the trail. With the new HTC Incredible, I would turn over a brand new leaf and come to a complete stop before texting my Wife, sending a Tweet and updating my FaceBook status with my latest injury. Of course, no one would have to know that the complete stop was caused by an abrupt meeting with a really angry tree. Last, but not least, I could dial 911... really fast.
    04-27-2010 08:19 PM
    Wouldn't it be incredible to have an awesome 3G phone with a slick UI and when you place a call - it actually goes through? Incredible hardware, incredible software on an incredible network.
    04-27-2010 08:21 PM
    With this i will do everything Droid does only more incredible with the Incredible . im even thinking of putting together a Hitch Hikers Guide to the Galaxy app thoughts?

Mostly Harmless
    04-27-2010 08:23 PM
    I'd use my HTC Incredible to make an incredible movie of my old phone being "put down" in an incredible manor.
    04-27-2010 08:26 PM
    I would go on incredible adventures geocaching, keeping my incredible hubby connected to my incredible journey while he sits in his office green with envy not only of my incredible adventures but also my INCREDIBLE smartphone.
    04-27-2010 08:36 PM
    I would watch some INCREDIBLE movies on my INCREDIBLE phone. Who needs blu-ray with the INCREDIBLE screen?!
    04-27-2010 08:37 PM
    What is more incredible than the Hulk, ginsu knives, snuggies, silly putty, and the movie the Incredibles all at the same time............. Sending me a HTC incredible would be pretty damn close only to fall second place to the shake weight. Wait a minute shake weight sucks nevermind.
    04-27-2010 08:39 PM
    I will finally get away from those incredibly annoying blue obtrusive popup notifications.
    04-27-2010 08:42 PM
    This might not win me many "style" points, but I certainly hope it's substantial.
    I own a Touch Pro 2. In the past few weeks, I realized how much more of a suitable platform Android is for me over WinMo. So, I'd say about 90% of the time, I've been booting Android exclusively on my TP2.
    Unfortunately, it is slow, clunky, not to mention the speakers don't work, along with gps, wifi, bluetooth, and most 3D graphics. However, I use Google gmail, google voice, google contacts, a little google docs, and facebook (which has a much better android app than windows phone). The hacky solutions I had been using to sync all this stuff to my TP2 would be GONE, and I could finally get a working Android to listen to music, the AndroidCentral Podcast, and navigate w/google maps, and a host of things I cannot do with my hacked android OS.
    Plus, with the expertise and help of the guys on this forum and over at howardforums, I'm sure I could get it up and running flawlessly on U.S. Cellular, my carrier of choice in Wisconsin.
    Thanks for listening, sorry to take up so much time, I really hope that you would pick me to win this INCREDIBLE device
    04-27-2010 08:46 PM
    Last year I turned 40 and have struggled hard to stay trendy with today's youth.

Having a HTC Droid Incredible will take me from this:

To this:

I'll be the kick-***, cool, dad who keep score & batting averages of his boys baseball teams with an Android phone. When the boys and I are out and about and looking for some time to kill, I'll harness the power of the Incredible's GPS receiver and do some geocaching with GeoBeagle. Forget my vintage alarm clock. It's gone! From now on my Incredible will wake me up with Gentle Alarm.

It's hard to be cool. There's no app for that. You need an Incredible.
    04-27-2010 08:47 PM
    I could enjoy some incredible music on an incredible hike, or take some incredible pictures while enjoying some incredible wind while sailing my incredible boat. I would be incredibly thrilled to be chosen to win THE INCREDIBLE.
    04-27-2010 08:55 PM
    I love the android phone and when I get this one I'm going to install Locale so my phone's settings will automatically change when I go to work or when I'm home with the family. I will hook up my Google Voice number to it to so when people call it and I am at work it will ring my incredible and office and likewise when I'm home. Geochaching app is a must. Search for local ones near me when I am out Ans have it automatically route me there. Sync my Google calendar with it and share it with my wife's android phone so we can schedule stuff right to each other's phone. Play my music in the background while I surf androidcentral's web site. The possibilities are endless. Install apps like where's my Droid, zillow Ans reveal. You got to have the massive online games like world war or iMobsters (I hate the "i " in front of it. So please pick me to let my dreams come true!
    04-27-2010 08:59 PM
    I will be INCREDIBLY surprised and INCREDIBLY grateful!
    04-27-2010 09:03 PM
    Journal Entry 0.92.605.0. CL124659 test-keys
    28 April,2010

Today was normal when i awoke. Normal shower while the coffee is brewing, normal news read, when something incredible happened. My phone went off to alert me of a new email from android central. i had won the latest HTC handset!!

Entry 0.81.00.01.26

The anticipation has built to maximum over the past hours with barley any sleep, large doses of coffee and AC threads from weeks past about the new device. I hear a knock at the door, it's here!! I go through the packaging with as much care as a kid at Christmas. What a beauty; new, shiny and sleek. I start with admiring Sense and it's glass like smoothness and a couple of pics of my dogs. I head off to work stopping at my local breakfast spot and catch the moment in a incredibly sharp photo for footprints. At work i'm surrounded by onlookers as if i were Mr. S himself. I'm asked to take some video for the website to show how the shop operates. What better time to see how the video works. At 9 am i'm watching the hits as they climb and climb and climb. My video has caught the attention of some great shops from around the country and at noon i'm on a flight to the west cost to shoot two hours in the life of a moto racer. By 4 i'm in Texas, digging in on BBQ, snapping photos of the greatest BBQ pits around and Buzzing about each one. 7pm EST, New York, a night of drinks, party's(did i see S.Jobs eying my phone), and characters that swore they left that phone in a bar. 1:30am, on the top of the Empire state building i realize i have no idea how to get to the airport to catch my flight home. I reach for my phone, look up a taxi service,find the quickest route, and check to see if my flight is still on time. 4am, home. I take the shoes off that i can't remember buying, sit down in my chair, and take a long breath, look at my phone and think.... INCREDIBLE.
    04-27-2010 09:05 PM
    I would be INCREDIBLY surprised and INCREDIBLY grateful!
    04-27-2010 09:09 PM
    I have had a
    Samsung SCH-A930
    for about four years now. I have been trying to go on many contests to get a better phone because my dad will not buy me one to start with. I have been looking into this phone for two months now and I even got 6 people to pre-order it, but sadly I could not because of obvious reasons. But I could do a lot of good with that phone, I would finally be able to check my HW anywhere I go and if I am too tired to start my paper one night because I was till 1 am doing hw I will be able to still type some of it the next day. I could excel in my academics alot. Also I am a journalist for my school newspaper so things I see around me sometimes are news worthy enough to written about but have no photographic evidence to prove so. Also the battery life would be decent enough to get me by through day, not only two hours of my day. I am also a huge fan on the android OS and even last year I was reading about all the prototypes and all the open source compatibilities it had. I really really really need that phone so please pick me
    Incredible.....something.....incredible.....just give me the damn phone already.
    I just really, really, really want this phone. I'm coming from a Storm 1 for a year and a half and need to see the light of day. I've played with my friends Droid's and love this OS. And Sense looks even better! Can't wait for this awesome piece of hardware!
    04-27-2010 09:10 PM
    It is time for me to upgrade my phone!! I have been following you guys since the beginning of last summer and have been holding out for the top dog to come to Verizon. After being let down by the Nexus One I decided to put all my chips in towards the HTC DROID INCREDIBLE!!! Please convert me to ANDROID.......
    04-27-2010 09:20 PM
    I will hike multiple Colorado 14ers and track all my trips with the "My Tracks" app. I will take photos from the tops of these peaks for all the world to see.
    04-27-2010 09:27 PM
    How many times can you post in here?

I see one person has 14 posts in here...

I am tired of my Tour only after owning it for 4 months.

Battery got to 9% tonight and SHUT OFF my network! WTF?!?!
    04-27-2010 09:28 PM
    If I had an Incredible phone I would
    a) text message other people
    b) call other people
    c) live longer (that gps tracking will definitely be an incentive to walk) (this is only theory, of course, because it could distract me so that I walk in front of a bus)
    d) post pics to facebook to keep our friends and family updated from across the planet as we make our way home with our adopted boys using the wifi in russia (since verizon and won't work there); and that camera will definitely do the trick.
    e) write a book (or at least work on a book). (I wrote a 50,000 word story on my ipaq, but finally went to google docs when the keyboard stopped working).
    f) keep up with android central
    g) never again lose my truck with the aid of the camera and evernote for android.
    h) I already have my first tweet picked out: "Dear #windowsmobile, I have used you every day of my life for the last eleven years. But too little to late. Sent from my #androidphone."

You guys are doing an awesome job. You've helped me decide to make the switch to android. Keep up the great work!
    04-27-2010 09:41 PM
    One of my coworkers is always going around and flashing his Motorola Droid off to those of us with "lesser phones". With HTC's Droid Incredible, I can finally challenge him and show him whose phone has a bigger "Bucket of Does".
    04-27-2010 09:44 PM
1,991 ... 7677787980
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD