Ask us about the Verizon Droid Incredible

Scopic

Apr 4, 2010
Visit site
When would you estimate that the Incredible would be replaced?

I'm wondering this because I'm unsure whether or not to upgrade my plan, go on a 3-month provisional period, and then grab the phone.

Thanks!

dannychaos

High Five Champion
Mar 10, 2010
Visit site
Can the Sense UI be disabled similarly to the Desire?

Yes. I have the eris and all htc phones with sense can have it disabled. Just go to the system settings, manage application, go to htc sense and "disable default" the regular android home will show up then.

anon(6936)

Jan 6, 2010
Visit site
1. is there noise canceling?
2. can you do a comparison photo of something on the N1 vs the Incredible (same resolution)?
3. is volume on voice calls louder on the Incredible?
4. speakerphone better than N1?
5. can you run the screen test thingy that they used to compare the iPhone, Droid, etc. the one with the X pattern? Would be really nice to know which touchpanel this has.
6. A2DP streaming over bluetooth work OK?

dannychaos

High Five Champion
Mar 10, 2010
Visit site
I want to know how much the phone will cost w/out a plan? I am not eligible for an an upgrade but yet I'm still interested in it.

Adiliyo

Oct 17, 2009
Visit site
To add to this, please "disable" Sense in whatever way is possible (not rooted) and show us what it looks like in it's "vanilla" Android form on the Incredible.

it would be interesting to see what the stock launcher looks like on this, if it's the 5 home screen 3D app drawer N1 variant, or of the 3 home screen "old" app drawer droid variety...

Apr 11, 2010
Visit site
Phil,

Can you confirm with 100% certainty that the MicroSD is expandable to 32gb? I've heard 16gb and 32gb but I would like to hear the final answer on this. Also, I know you are a busy man but if you have a chance to upload a quick minute long video of Sense with the Nexus live background running, that would be great. I'm curious to see if the system gets laggy and bogged down or not.

matthewdlyons

Mar 23, 2010
Visit site
I'm curious what you think about the feel of the phone. One reviewer commented that the phone felt much lighter than others (Droid, Nexus One) and felt "plasticky." I'd like to get your general impression on how substantial the phone feels. I'd like to pre-order, but I want to make sure the device had a good build quality.

rion_j

Mar 29, 2010
Visit site
I'm curious what you think about the feel of the phone. One reviewer commented that the phone felt much lighter than others (Droid, Nexus One) and felt "plasticky." I'd like to get your general impression on how substantial the phone feels. I'd like to pre-order, but I want to make sure the device had a good build quality.

yup, i'd like some info around this as well. the only negative ive heard is the build quality of the device compared to other smart phones. does the device feel cheap in the hand? i'll be coming from a tour and the build quality is nice, but obviously lacks all the awesome features that the incredible offers.

socarwolverine

Apr 19, 2010
Visit site
Is a day really the max one could get out of the battery (from what I've been reading that seems to be the max)? I'm new to smartphones so I have no idea. Any suggestions or tips on how to eek out a couple more hours?

kmully

Apr 20, 2010
Visit site
1. Also interested to hear about battery life. I get 2 days at least on my Storm 1 that is a year or so old. If battery life is poor, what would the 2100 extended battery provide in terms of power, and would it affect the back of the case?

2. I'm not familiar with Flash Lite. Is FL/Incredible's browser capable of changing rosters and viewing lineups in Yahoo Fantasy Baseball? (Since Y! still hasn't released an app on Android).

3. If you disable/remove Sense (not sure what the proper term is, first post here and a BB user...), what does it look like? Vanilla Android? Would that be capable of being upgraded? Saw some questions about people worrying that Sense wouldn't be updated or would be delayed to get updates by HTC/VZW.

Thanks!

Edit: I'm also reading that .gif files won't animate on Android. So radar maps for weather don't work.

True?

Last edited:

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
johndoe11