I have been VERY excited, but now I am reading there wont be a car, or multimedia dock like my droids. I travel(drive) a average of 30-40 hours a month for work, and LOVE the auto car dock mode on my droid! I sold my PNA because the Droid did such a wonderful job! I've seen the pics of that cheap vertical dock, and imho its crap! I have also read, and seen in videos that htc's car panel won't rotate to landscape! Why? Any input for me guys? Thanks!
    04-19-2010 09:17 PM
    Whoa. Where are you reading that? Why wouldn't there be docks?

I have been VERY excited, but now I am reading there wont be a car, or multimedia dock like my droids. I travel(drive) a average of 30-40 hours a month for work, and LOVE the auto car dock mode on my droid! I sold my PNA because the Droid did such a wonderful job! I've seen the pics of that cheap vertical dock, and imho its crap! I have also read, and seen in videos that htc's car panel won't rotate to landscape! Why? Any input for me guys? Thanks!
    04-19-2010 09:25 PM
    This is the only dock that a couple reviews I have read said will be available. PLEASE tell me they are wrong!

Clear Images of Droid Incredible Cases, Car Dock | Android Phone Fans
    04-19-2010 09:28 PM
    The phone hasn't even been released yet. Isn't it a bit premature to be saying there won't be a car dock or anything like that?
    04-19-2010 09:40 PM
    i would assume for a phone that has a "car" setting, will have a decent car dock in production. I hope atleast.
    04-19-2010 09:42 PM
    I would think so also. If HTC doesn't offer one I'm sure there will be some 3rd party options. With all due respect, I wouldn't read to much into that blog post.
    04-19-2010 09:44 PM
    P.S. Do a Google search on Nexus One vehicle mount and you'll see what I mean. There are tons of 3rd party options.
    04-19-2010 09:47 PM
    im sure they will start rolling out as soon as the device is released
    04-19-2010 09:54 PM
    Yep, just give it some time. How long after the N1 was out until Google released their own car dock? Don't expect it on launch day, but a month or two after we should see an official one, and many 3rd party ones will already be out by then. You'll have options.
    04-20-2010 07:59 AM
    I have read that in one of the reviews, that the car app only work vertically, not in horizontal mode. Obviously, google maps works both ways, but I am kinda curious why HTC did this. Also, I have seen the vertical car dock and it makes no sense to me, why not have a dock like the droid, or <drools> the N1?

BTW, I have a Droid and already pre-ordered my incredible. Cant wait :-), I love new toys!
    04-20-2010 08:01 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD