how to root on 2.2??

autopsyx

Jul 8, 2011
Visit site
hey guys. i successfully rooted my phone a few months ago before the 2.2 update but for some reason after i downloaded the 2.2 update its like my phone lost root. superuser is still on my phone but it doesnt ask for permission when i start up apps that require root. for example - Clockwork starts up but since superuser wont ask or give permission to it i cant reboot into recovery or anything like that. its pretty apparent that i lost root, ive done some searching but i cant find a way to reroot my phone on the 2.2 update. does anyone know of a place where i can find one??:-\

autopsyx

Jul 8, 2011
Visit site
honestly i dont even know what that is dude. im like completely new to rooting. i used SuperOneClick back when it worked and never looked back. as for anything like manuel rooting or anything else that has to do with rooting im a ******. lol

atomD21

Feb 23, 2011
Visit site
Unless something changed, I didn't think z4root worked with the Fascinate... One of the easiest ways to root is to download the superuser +busybox zip and ODIN CWM 2.5.x then flash su in CWM.

autopsyx

Jul 8, 2011
Visit site
Unless something changed, I didn't think z4root worked with the Fascinate... One of the easiest ways to root is to download the superuser +busybox zip and ODIN CWM 2.5.x then flash su in CWM.
tried and failed. My friend said that I definitely did lose root after the last OTA.

bigjobber69

Jan 23, 2011
Visit site
hey guys. i successfully rooted my phone a few months ago before the 2.2 update but for some reason after i downloaded the 2.2 update its like my phone lost root. superuser is still on my phone but it doesnt ask for permission when i start up apps that require root. for example - Clockwork starts up but since superuser wont ask or give permission to it i cant reboot into recovery or anything like that. its pretty apparent that i lost root, ive done some searching but i cant find a way to reroot my phone on the 2.2 update. does anyone know of a place where i can find one??:-\

do u know how to use CWM if not go here ---->http://forum.androidcentral.com/verizon-fascinate-rooting-roms-hacks/66202-how-install-use-clockworkmod-recovery-w-screen-captures.html

once you learn to master that you can gain root through flashing this honestly so easy you most def can do it bro! ----->This will explain what to do in CWM

Good luck happy flashing....Welcome to Android Central have some fun look around, dont cost nothing. LOL sorry had to do that its a quote from animal house. Sorry

Reactions: autopsyx

atomD21

Feb 23, 2011
Visit site

autopsyx

Jul 8, 2011
Visit site

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Gabrieldavis