Camera Broke, Please Help!!

craigcls

Mar 3, 2011
Visit site
OK, I'm running UKB 2.1 with OTB 1.6 kernal. I've had a few issues with the camera, mostly in being slow, or freezing temporarily when trying to close the camera. On a few instances, the camera froze to the point that my phone rebooted itself - no force close messages or anything, just froze for a minute, then rebooted. My problem is that today, the camera froze again, then finally rebooted after a couple of minutes, and after that, the camera force closes immediately when trying to open it. I also cannot access my Gallery anymore. I have tried reflashing the ROM a couple of times, and tried 3 different kernals, all with no help. Does anyone know what happened to my camera and how to fix it?

APeaceOfStrange

Feb 13, 2011
Visit site
what kernels did you try? I have had various camera freezes using the otb kernels in the past. Imnuts kernels seem fix that for me. When you go to camera in manage applications, is there any data or cache to clear?

bigjobber69

Jan 23, 2011
Visit site
OK, I'm running UKB 2.1 with OTB 1.6 kernal. I've had a few issues with the camera, mostly in being slow, or freezing temporarily when trying to close the camera. On a few instances, the camera froze to the point that my phone rebooted itself - no force close messages or anything, just froze for a minute, then rebooted. My problem is that today, the camera froze again, then finally rebooted after a couple of minutes, and after that, the camera force closes immediately when trying to open it. I also cannot access my Gallery anymore. I have tried reflashing the ROM a couple of times, and tried 3 different kernals, all with no help. Does anyone know what happened to my camera and how to fix it?

This was happening to me on 1.6. I had to start over clear all big 3 (data, cache and d-cache) than reflash rom and if u want reflash the patch, also in different CWM session.....let it boot completely than go back to CWM and flash comavolt kernel this is voodoo edify only version...i have had no probs since than. But yah i had the same exact thing happen to me. happy flashing.

Reactions: craigcls

anon(94115)

Banned
Nov 29, 2010
Visit site
Just throwing my 2 cents. The only time I had issues such as the ones you are describing is when I undervolted. Make sure your kernels are all standard and everything is working before you start experimenting with the undervolt. You didnt mention that your were undervolted, but again, just throwing something else out there to check....

craigcls

Mar 3, 2011
Visit site
Thanks guys! I have tried the OTB 1.5 & 1.6 kernals, as well as times_infinity ComaVolt Voodoo Edify. Nothing has fixed it. I have not undervolted at all yet. I have cleared the cache and d-cache each time when I reflashed the ROM. I have also tried reflashing the kernals seperatly. I was hoping to avoid wiping my data again. When I go into manage apps, nothing is highlighted to clear in the camera - everthing shows 0.00B.

bigjobber69

Jan 23, 2011
Visit site
Thanks guys! I have tried the OTB 1.5 & 1.6 kernals, as well as times_infinity ComaVolt Voodoo Edify. Nothing has fixed it. I have not undervolted at all yet. I have cleared the cache and d-cache each time when I reflashed the ROM. I have also tried reflashing the kernals seperatly. I was hoping to avoid wiping my data again. When I go into manage apps, nothing is highlighted to clear in the - everthing shows 0.00B.

You NEED to wipe the data to fix it....Wipe all THREE. Than reflash rom boot go to cwm flash patch, reboot, go to cwm flash kernel....profit

craigcls

Mar 3, 2011
Visit site
Thanks again. I'm charging my battery right now, and once it's done, I'll go ahead and wipe my data and reflash the ROM again.

bigjobber69

Jan 23, 2011
Visit site
Thanks again. I'm charging my battery right now, and once it's done, I'll go ahead and wipe my data and reflash the ROM again.

If it doesnt work you will need to wipe freshy frsh with full odin package and Pit file, with reparation checked. but the way I told u worked for me so you shouldnt have to go to that extreme.