Glitch Kernel Voltage Setteing

JOrtenzi

Feb 25, 2011
Visit site
Just curious is anyone else here is using the Glitch kernel and what voltage settings they are using and happy with.

I am currently on Medium Leakage kernel, have it OC to 1.5 Ghz, but have not UV'd at all..... yet!

Anyone willing to share... for the good of the community!

Jmac9

Dec 15, 2010
Visit site
Just curious is anyone else here is using the Glitch kernel and what voltage settings they are using and happy with.

I am currently on Medium Leakage kernel, have it OC to 1.5 Ghz, but have not UV'd at all..... yet!

Anyone willing to share... for the good of the community!

I.ve been playing with the HL for a couple days....fantastic kernel. 1.6 ghz. Uv -25 1400 to 1200. Left 1000 alone and running -50 800 to 100. It got real laggy when I tried uv higher than the 1400.

JOrtenzi

Feb 25, 2011
Visit site
I.ve been playing with the HL for a couple days....fantastic kernel. 1.6 ghz. Uv -25 1400 to 1200. Left 1000 alone and running -50 800 to 100. It got real laggy when I tried uv higher than the 1400.

Did you leave 1600 and 1500 as is?

Sent from my Fascinate via Tapatalk

icu

Oct 29, 2010
Visit site
Dumb question perhaps - never tried OC'ing or UV'ing - running Glitch ML atm - what tools do you use to OC/UV and is there a thread describing recommended procedures for trying out new settings? Thanks.

* never mind I'm reading the Glitch thread now - wish you could see posts in a threaded view to skip to replies and follow one conversation weaving in and out of the others ...

Still any tips for a n00b to OC/UV are welcome. That's why I liked the PBJ kernels because it was baked in ;) - time to get my hands really dirty ...

** Do you use Voltage Control or Pimp my CPU ... SetCPU? Going to try Voltage Control.

*** Using Voltage Control I'm now trying 1.4 with -50 on all steps just to see what happens. So far so good.
I'm a little lost with the I/O Scheduler choices. I have it left on deadline - what are the other choices and which is best?

Last edited:

Jmac9

Dec 15, 2010
Visit site
Dumb question perhaps - never tried OC'ing or UV'ing - running Glitch ML atm - what tools do you use to OC/UV and is there a thread describing recommended procedures for trying out new settings? Thanks.

* never mind I'm reading the Glitch thread now - wish you could see posts in a threaded view to skip to replies and follow one conversation weaving in and out of the others ...

Still any tips for a n00b to OC/UV are welcome. That's why I liked the PBJ kernels because it was baked in ;) - time to get my hands really dirty ...

** Do you use Voltage Control or Pimp my CPU ... SetCPU? Going to try Voltage Control.

*** Using Voltage Control I'm now trying 1.4 with -50 on all steps just to see what happens. So far so good.
I'm a little lost with the I/O Scheduler choices. I have it left on deadline - what are the other choices and which is best?

Biggest tip to give is not to set anything as a boot setting until you've run it for a day or so. Those settings look good. -50 is about as low as you want to start with when you are starting out.....each phone will react differently to the same settings so take it slow while you test the waters.

Jgonzo1299

Jan 23, 2011
Visit site
What is the difference between high, low, and Mid Leakage. I read the OP but I'm still a little unclear. Can someone explain a little more thoroughly? Thanks in advance

Jmac9

Dec 15, 2010
Visit site
What is the difference between high, low, and Mid Leakage. I read the OP but I'm still a little unclear. Can someone explain a little more thoroughly? Thanks in advance

The way i understand it (and I'm no where near an expert....and am probably wrong but) is that the different voltage leaks will help the different chips process. The better chips need less voltage to run and thus will work better running the LL. I ran the HL for a week....tough on battery but the phone flew. Switched to the ML today to see if I can get same results with better battery.

Reactions: Jgonzo1299

islanq

Jun 20, 2011
Visit site

CFQ seems the most reliable to me. Deadline,SIO, and NOOP, are "primitive" in nature and treat all data throughput almost the same. The truth is, not everything you run on your phone should have the same importance. CFQ is the equivalent of WinXP throughput directing, while BFQ is the newest but is not always as reliable during over clocking. With that said, u are lucky if you can run CFQ as most people need to run SIO or deadline to achieve a decent OC/UV.

PS. As far as CPU gov, conservative is solid for OCing and provided a little battery saving, I prefer On Demand, as it throttles up the CPU speed "on demand" much quicker and makes my phone FLY!

Reactions: eibbed0001

Jgonzo1299

Jan 23, 2011
Visit site
Have you guys tampered with the Cyanogen Mod Settings? there's a sub menu called performance and it lets you pick the governor and the clock limits. Is this worth messing with at all? or should i just work with voltage control.

JOrtenzi

Feb 25, 2011
Visit site
Have you guys tampered with the Cyanogen Mod Settings? there's a sub menu called performance and it lets you pick the governor and the clock limits. Is this worth messing with at all? or should i just work with voltage control.

that's really for the stock kernel packaged with CM7.... not the Glitch kernel

While you can choose your governor with the Glitch kernel, the is a built in script that will always revert it back to the ondemand governor (which I am assuming the developer thinks is most stable for it)

I would personally just leave those setting alone and stick with using voltage control

Reactions: Jgonzo1299

sushiguy732

Jan 11, 2011
Visit site
I am taking the plunge and going straight for the LL Kernel. Gonna give that a shot and work backwards. I hope to get better battery life and better performance.

sushiguy732

Jan 11, 2011
Visit site
good luck! how did it go?

The install went real well and I have been using it with no voltage control changes and it has been rock solid.

I *just* changed my voltage settings to 100mhz min / 1200mhz max and set everything to -50. I am not looking to make this the fastest phone out there, I just want to see if I get any performance gain and better battery life.

I put the I/O Scheduler to cfq and the CPU Governor to ondemand. Any thoughts as to these choices?

sushiguy732

Jan 11, 2011
Visit site
I am wondering if someone can answer this.....

I think the best Kernel to use is the LL one. Is this correct? What I mean by "best" is the one that will give the best battery performance.