[ROM][ODIN] ED05 - Stock ROM, Radio, Kernel - Not rooted "leak"

JaeKar99

Oct 2, 2010
Visit site
I am not responsible for this and have not used it. This was posted on another forum and thought I would post it here - Thanks to pentafive - (his instructions):

1. Install Samsung USB drivers. (.\1 - USB Drivers\Samsung_Mobile_USB_Driver_V1.3.550.0.msi)
2. Install PST Software (.\2 - Samsung PST SW\SamsungPSTLite FW Setup1.0.004_MSI1ndEdition)
3. Install Samsung SCH-I500 PST DLL (.\3 - Samsung PST DLL\SamsungPST_SCHI500 DLL for Verizon ver.1.0.015)
4. Press "Volume Down" key and connect the device to PC.
5. Run SamsungPST and select "SW" button.
6. Select "PDA+PHONE" for Software Download Option and check "Repartition", and "Boot update" options.
7. Select "Open PIT file" then select "atlas_v2.2.pit" file.
8. Select "Open Binary", and select "CI500_VZW_ED05_FROYO_REL.tar.md5".
9. Press "Start Software Download"
10. "Completed Flash programming" pop-up message will be displayed after successful download.

md5sum of 7zip: 3c213edb92cc9e6fab75e72e837dc4d8
Download: CI500_VZW_ED05_FROYO_REL_with_PST.7z (306.92 MB) http://bit.ly/nfYusQ

md5sum of ODIN in 7zip: 75ff53ada8278a10149ceff756d7a42d

Enjoy!

-Penta

This is a 7zip compressed file. The folders will need to be extracted and then you can install them.

A WARNING: Some people are using the instructions as written, using the Samsung PST software and "EFS clear" - their data connection has been lost.. I would suggest that you use Odin only to flash this ROM.. There is currently NO fix if you do this.

Or you can extract the Odin file from this and just flash with the Atlas pit.. Reports are coming back that people have flashed in Odin without issue and that this 'May' have solved the missed call issue.. Another poster flashed just the modem and has still missed calls. - If you have differing responses please report back.

This cannot be established as just another 'leak' or a possible OTA in the near future.

This is not rooted and is fully bloated.

Flash away. I take no responsibility if your phone bursts into flame or boot loops into oblivion I am only the messenger.

Last edited:
Reactions: joe zack

sushiguy732

Jan 11, 2011
Visit site
Re: [ROM][ODIN] ED05 - Stock ROM, Radio, Kernel - Not rooted "le

Any idea what the differences are between this and ED04?

JaeKar99

Oct 2, 2010
Visit site

Any idea what the differences are between this and ED04?

Most consistent comment thus far is that people who flash the full ROM have not missed any calls.. and the upload speeds are better when using the data connection.. everything else is the same or similar..

Time will tell if it plays out as a true fix for the missed call issue.

Reactions: sushiguy732

JOrtenzi

Feb 25, 2011
Visit site

I have flashed just the modem... TBH, my 3G seems worse with ED05, than it did with EC09. Probably going to give it another day or 2, but.... I might end up going back to EC09.

Like I said, i flashed just the modem, so results might be better by flashing the entire ROM

Big Z

Jan 20, 2011
Visit site

I have flashed just the modem... TBH, my 3G seems worse with ED05, than it did with EC09. Probably going to give it another day or 2, but.... I might end up going back to EC09.

Like I said, i flashed just the modem, so results might be better by flashing the entire ROM

I'm pretty sure people who have only flashed the modem have had your results. You need to flash the whole ED05 for it to fix the issue (in short....it's not just the modem at issue).

skiddingus

Jan 3, 2011
Visit site

I'm going to flash with Odin in a few minutes. What do I need to do with this pit file and when?

drbg781

Apr 10, 2011
Visit site

I'm going to flash with Odin in a few minutes. What do I need to do with this pit file and when?

Once you download CI500_VZW_ED05_FROYO_REL_with_PST.7Z you will need to extract file number 4. It has both the files you will need. I just flashed both of them at the same time in Odin. Click the PIT button and select the .pit file then select the PDA button and add the .tar file. Once both of the files are ready, hit start. This is what I just did 10 minutes ago and it worked for me. I flashed CWM and loaded a ROM and Voodoo Kernel...phone is booting up now.

skiddingus

Jan 3, 2011
Visit site

I skipped the pit file and odined it. I'm reinstalling apps and getting ready to reroot. We'll see how that goes. So far so good. 2.2.2 here I am!

JaeKar99

Oct 2, 2010
Visit site

I skipped the pit file and odined it. I'm reinstalling apps and getting ready to reroot. We'll see how that goes. So far so good. 2.2.2 here I am!

Some posters have loaded this up minus the pit file.. with no ill effects.. the pit file helps to ensure the files are allocated to their correct locations..

drbg781

Apr 10, 2011
Visit site

Some posters have loaded this up minus the pit file.. with no ill effects.. the pit file helps to ensure the files are allocated to their correct locations..

I was just about to ask what the PIT file did. Thank-you very much for your insight Jae!

skiddingus

Jan 3, 2011
Visit site

My phone seems to have rooted ok and all is fine so far. I hope someone makes a "accurate battery" framework-res file soon. :) I'll miss that in the mean time.

ExpertZero

Jun 15, 2011
Visit site

i was checking this out when it came out, seemed a little better as far as calls, but i'm a comrom guy so without thinking i placed comrom2.1 over this, so i kept the modem and it seems better than when i flashed ec09 into comrom over ed04. haven't missed a call yet. :D

jjong

Feb 3, 2011
Visit site

I have gone back to ED05. It is slightly better although, I would like my phone rooted. Is there anyway you can keep the stock setting with phone being rooted with just cwr and su busy box?

shawtytite334

Jul 3, 2011
Visit site

Ive been trying to update my fascinate but i continue to get the message server unavailable can someone tell me how to update do i download this ed05 stock rom to my computer and then put it on my phone?

joe zack

Mar 26, 2011
Visit site

thank you jaekar99 you explained the pit reason to flash together but dosnt the radio firmware change?..........................thankx again

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kerokekerol