Lagging Camera

craigcls

Mar 3, 2011
Visit site
Running UKB 2.1 w/ OTB 1.6 kernal. Why is the camera so laggy, even freezes sometimes to the point where I have to do a battery pull? Recently, I had to wipe all my data and reflash the ROM just to regain function of the camera because it forced closed everytime I tried to use it. I have experienced a bit with undervolting since then and the camera continues to lag, but this happens even with the standard voltage. Any suggestions? Not too interested in overclocking.

Sta11i0n

Oct 22, 2010
Visit site
Which camera.apk are you using? The one that came in UKB 2.0? Some themes replace it with a modified one (usually for power button shutter/no low battery restriction). I've had the same issues in the past with certain ones. Right now, the one in the TW4_3.0 theme for UKB 2.1 works fine for me. You could just grab that, extract the .zip and in the system/app folder copy camera.apk to your SD card, then copy/paste with a root file explorer to your phones /system/app folder.

Here's a link to the download - http://www.mediafire.com/?g1tbgwtoruaoqfb

Sent from my SCH-I500 using Tapatalk

Last edited:
Reactions: dlcullen

craigcls

Mar 3, 2011
Visit site
Yes, I'm using the one that came with UKB2.0. I've heard that the camera has been somewhat of an issue with the OTB 1.6 kernal, and maybe some different voltage settings might help, but I'm not really sure where to even start with that...

Sta11i0n

Oct 22, 2010
Visit site
If I recall correctly, I had problems with that camera on OTB 1.4-1.6 when I was experimenting with different settings as well. I don't think its a kernel/voltage issue, but that particular camera app itself. Id recommend just grabbing the camera.apk from another theme or ROM instead like I linked to above.

Sent from my SCH-I500 using Tapatalk

Reactions: craigcls