Com Rom 2.1 Screen Rotation?

bawoo

Sep 14, 2010
Visit site
I'm running CR 2.1 (UKB) and I was wondering if anyone was having issues with screen rotation?

Like for my youtube, it used to be automatic, but I now must double-tap the screen for it to rotate. Then for Web Browsing, it doesn't auto-rotate either; even though I do have it checked on within my Display Settings.

Can anyone confirm this or is there a way to make it auto-rotate?

I am also running Launcher Pro with the auto-rotate turned off.. (if this helps)

Thanks

atomD21

Feb 23, 2011
Visit site
Ok. I had that happen once before and the only way I could clear it up was to go all the way back to DL09 via ODIN and get back to ED01, then redo ComRom. I tried just reflashing the ROM with a wipe of the big three and it didn't fix the problem.

cl36

Jan 12, 2011
Visit site
I had the same problem and wasn't able to resolve it. I ended up switching from LP to GO launcher to get the rotation to work again.

bawoo

Sep 14, 2010
Visit site
Ok. I had that happen once before and the only way I could clear it up was to go all the way back to DL09 via ODIN and get back to ED01, then redo ComRom. I tried just reflashing the ROM with a wipe of the big three and it didn't fix the problem.

I thought about reflashing it...but it's been such a while for me since I last did anything like that tto my fascinate, that I'd need a crash course...

Landshark if he could chime in right bout now.

Maybe, I can live without it.. :/

mwalkden

Nov 7, 2010
Visit site
You can try replacing the sensor.so file with one that's not broken. That may be what GOLauncher accomplished. What kernel are you using? I had this problem back on a Voodoo ECO2.

bawoo

Sep 14, 2010
Visit site
The general stats of my phone are:

Firmware: UKB 2.1
Kernel: 2.6.32.9
Build: ED01

I got my Com Rom 2.1 from here when it was first out back in June?

bawoo

Sep 14, 2010
Visit site
Did you check to see if Auto Rotate is disabled in TSM Parts in settings?

I saw in the TSM Parts "Launcher2 Orientation" it was disabled, but I never touched that option before. My auto-rotate worked when I first had it flashed onto my phone.

I checked the TSM Part and it doesn't change anything..

Any ideas where I can get that sensor.so file as well as directions on how to flash it?

atomD21

Feb 23, 2011
Visit site
The sensor.default so file will be located in the comrom 2.0 rom zip. System> lib>hw. If you extract the one from the zip and put it on your sd card, you can navigate to the same location on your phone via root explorer and rename the existing one(add .old to the file name), then copy and paste the new one in that folder. I've never done that before, so I can't guarantee you won't be looking at problems after that...

Last edited:

bawoo

Sep 14, 2010
Visit site
The sensor.default so file will be located in the comrom 2.0 rom zip. System> lib>hw. If you extract the one from the zip and put it on your sd card, you can navigate to the same location on your phone via root explorer and rename the existing one(add .old to the file name), then copy and paste the new one in that folder. I've never done that before, so I can't guarantee you won't be looking at problems after that...

Maybe I'll just reflash CR2.1..thanks everyone

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Laila Nance