fascinate cwm problems

mgforehand

Sep 6, 2011
Visit site
I did that twice sometimes i can get to red but when i try to apply it doesnt let me it says e:signature verification failed Installation aborted.....at the top i says android system recovery <3e> if that means im doing it wrong....but when i get it red after i reinstall it on odin i tgoes to red but when i try to get back to cwm it is always blue and i cant update

mgforehand

Sep 6, 2011
Visit site
ok so i got it to red and its saying E: cant open /sdcard/update.zip(bad)...I got it from sticky.i dont understand why it wont let me install?am I that much of a newbie at this...guess so

mgforehand

Sep 6, 2011
Visit site
no all im getting after i messed with it for a while is signature verification. I messed with every possible thing when im in red after flashing odin like 15 times and i keep getting the same message. then I reboot and it takes me back to blue and i cant do anything in blue....maybe the tar file i got wasnt good.cwm-recovery-ALL-3-30-FIX.tar...this is the one i got from sticky...and i used it in odin like im supposed to but i cand get the update...im really stuck anyone help

rjcormier

Jun 2, 2011
Visit site
Ok the step you need to stop doing is trying to apply the update.zip. this isn't nessasary. You need to have the files on your SD card that you wanna flash and go straight into " the apply zip from SD card". Try that. I have had several errors on flashing because I did several things wrong. I will help as much as I can.

Sent from my SCH-I500 using Tapatalk

rjcormier

Jun 2, 2011
Visit site
Odin the cwm all unless you are doing a MTd, cm7, Aosp rom. Did this wrong for days trying to fix the stupid errors.

Sent from my SCH-I500 using Tapatalk

Reactions: audioguy61

audioguy61

Jul 16, 2010
Visit site
Odin the cwm all unless you are doing a MTd, cm7, Aosp rom.

Which method do you use if you want to use a CM rom? I tried for days and never could see anything in any stickies saying that cwm all would not work with certain roms. A link to the right sticky would be greatly appreciated.

Cheers,
Dave

rjcormier

Jun 2, 2011
Visit site
Which method do you use if you want to use a CM rom? I tried for days and never could see anything in any stickies saying that cwm all would not work with certain roms. A link to the right sticky would be greatly appreciated.

Cheers,
Dave

Flash the CWM4 that was fixed for CM7, either through Odin (TAR file using PDA button) or through your existing CWM (ZIP file)

I honestly don't remember where I found it....I think it was the link to the cm rom. I will check and get back later.
rockin jt's gb with HTC theme...lighting fast on my fassy

rjcormier

Jun 2, 2011
Visit site

Cheers,
Dave

Ok here it is....it is a small clue in the attached files area after the write up...lol. I tried for a week to figure it out without those files. I downlaoded them but thought they were a "fix" in case I needed them....noob here too!

http://forum.xda-developers.com/showthread.php?t=1116424

Flash or Odin into the cwm4 and you will be in business.

rockin jt's gb with HTC theme...lighting fast on my fassy

Reactions: audioguy61

mgforehand

Sep 6, 2011
Visit site
ok well i cant figure this out at all...i did what you said and tried 515 other ones...it just keeps saying telling me the siginature isnt working

mgforehand

Sep 6, 2011
Visit site
i think so...will you explain it to me so im sure in doing it right...I have downloaded like 4 different tar files and still nothing....it the same thing...when i get to red I go straight to install from the sd...then i select a zip to apply then i go to the bottom of the screen and click on update .zip....then every time it reads siganiture verification error....installation aborted

rjcormier

Jun 2, 2011
Visit site
im am new to this but it cant be this hard...i did a factory reset and wiped everthing...thank for the help by the way
No problem at all...first problem is that .tar files are used with Odin not cwm.

breath...

What do you want to install...like what is the rom/kernel that you want...

I am using Odin to get back to stock now..then I am going to try the Biffmod and PoolParty Roms. I have tried the GB leak and supa frankenclean voodoo and nonvoodoo.

you need a zip file to use the cwm...pick one and we go from there

rjcormier

Jun 2, 2011
Visit site
i think so...will you explain it to me so im sure in doing it right...I have downloaded like 4 different tar files and still nothing....it the same thing...when i get to red I go straight to install from the sd...then i select a zip to apply then i go to the bottom of the screen and click on update .zip....then every time it reads siganiture verification error....installation aborted

Pick a zip rom/kernel (zip file) and place in sd card... check...

Odin correct version of cwm for the rom...check...

follow guide for the specific cwm you need to boot into recovery...do it...boot into cwm....check...

wipe data ....check
wipe cache....check
wipe dalvik...check

apply zip from sd...confirm...should be good...:D

let me know

mgforehand

Sep 6, 2011
Visit site
ok so i dont need to apply the update file to cwm...it is already there...I just need to find a rom and replace that with the update file and ill have it

rjcormier

Jun 2, 2011
Visit site
ok so i dont need to apply the update file to cwm...it is already there...I just need to find a rom and replace that with the update file and ill have it

No...

Don't do anything with the update file...skip that step
Wipe, and
Instead apply from SD card and you are done

If you want cm7 than you need one more step. You need to apply from SD card the fixed recovery...not the update.

Once that is done you reboot into recovery and it rakes you to the new one...then you install the cm7 or mtd....etc.

Should be set :)

Sent from my cm7 fassy with HTC theme....lightning