Latest Roms

flamingoezz

Sep 10, 2010
Visit site
been out of the loop a few months.. I had com rom 1.3(?) and swapped my phone so looking for the latest and greatest rom.

Is CM7 stable yet with all features? does it have as many themes as comm rom did?

is comm rom still updated? has something surpassed it?

xairrick

Jan 12, 2011
Visit site
CM7 is stable and FAST. but there are some annoyances that seem to effect some but not all phones;
1) phantom ringing (even when sound is off, even after answering)
2) GPS lock (there maybe a fix for this -> [Guide][Samsung Fascinate] GPS Problems? Try This... Worked awesome for me. - xda-developers)
3) Volume levels (fixed with Glitch v12, but seemed overdriven/clipped to me)
4) Bluetooth Mic Levels (people said I sounded squeaky when using a bluetooth headset)

I'm running PWGB now, it's not as fast as CM7, but doesn't have any of the problems above. (I rely on GPS and having a 3 second lock is awesome!!!)

skiddingus

Jan 3, 2011
Visit site
CM7 is stable and FAST. but there are some annoyances that seem to effect some but not all phones;
1) phantom ringing (even when sound is off, even after answering)
2) GPS lock (there maybe a fix for this -> [Guide][Samsung Fascinate] GPS Problems? Try This... Worked awesome for me. - xda-developers)
3) Volume levels (fixed with Glitch v12, but seemed overdriven/clipped to me)
4) Bluetooth Mic Levels (people said I sounded squeaky when using a bluetooth headset)

I'm running PWGB now, it's not as fast as CM7, but doesn't have any of the problems above. (I rely on GPS and having a 3 second lock is awesome!!!)
I just tried the Powerwashed Gingerbread and it is awesome! The only problem I noticed is that the built-in samsung power control widget does not work. Even after flashing the add-on zip it doesn't work. I just get 5 empty boxes where the icons should be. Do you have this same issue?

wtherrell

Aug 23, 2010
Visit site
I recently flashed PWGB beta 3. 5 boxes@ top of window shade all icons working. Would rather have data on-off instead off sound on-off tho.
Absolutely love this debloated GB rom!

skiddingus

Jan 3, 2011
Visit site
I recently flashed PWGB beta 3. 5 boxes@ top of window shade all icons working. Would rather have data on-off instead off sound on-off tho.
Absolutely love this debloated GB rom!

Yes, these icons were working. It is the widget caller "power control" that does not work properly on my phone. I really like having the brightness control with one touch. I love this rom too. This has to be the best GB rom. If there is a better one, someone please let me know.

icu

Oct 29, 2010
Visit site
I think I am going to give this a go. Been loving MIUI but it does have a few issues in common with CM7. Biggest for me is the jittery HQ camcorder.

The only thing missing is The voodoo kernel but I hear that's in the works, yes?

If you are cautious you could try them all but maybe start with the PW GB.
Sent from my SCH-I500 using Tapatalk

icu

Oct 29, 2010
Visit site
Yeah - this was a fine compromise in CM7, but I recently switched over to MIUI to check it out and really liked it. Plus with CM7 I was getting odd FCs of the google apps framework.

In MIUI the resolution in the camcorder is HQ and CRAP. Is there any word on whether or not the camcorder will ever be fixed?

I dunno things work well atm so perhaps I'll hang out for a while longer. Maybe I'll try the latest daily (35) of CM7 to see if things are better over there. Not really sure. I guess right now the camcorder is my only major complaint, but I don't want to carry around my flip cam all the time and I've got a youngin' who needs recordin'

domenci

Dec 6, 2010
Visit site
I want to try it out, but it seems that on all the other GB ROMs the LED flash can't be used by flashlight apps... can anyone tell me if any flashlight apps work with the LED on this ROM?

icu

Oct 29, 2010
Visit site
I think I just read I am twitter that jt may have the led torch working on CM7...

briguyy

Oct 29, 2010
Visit site
I want to try it out, but it seems that on all the other GB ROMs the LED flash can't be used by flashlight apps... can anyone tell me if any flashlight apps work with the LED on this ROM?

With PowerWashedGB Rom do a search in the market for Tiny Flashlight + LED it works great on it

icu

Oct 29, 2010
Visit site
I just switched and it's great to have the TW camera and GPS is great.

Till a voodoo kernel comes to pass what are people using?

* found out there currently are no custom kernels for this build - so we wait for voodoo! (would make this ROM fantastic - I do notice a bit of lag doing things, but thus far no bugs and the positives outweigh the "snappiness" I'm missing.

** So I need to read the whole XDA thread on this ROM to get up to speed, but I think I remember reading something about a touchscreen fix?
Also, is the standard puzzle lock broken? If so I'll just flash the AOSP lock.

Last edited:

sushiguy732

Jan 11, 2011
Visit site
** So I need to read the whole XDA thread on this ROM to get up to speed, but I think I remember reading something about a touchscreen fix?

What is wrong with the touchscreen that a fix is needed? I just flashed yesterday and do not notice anything.

sushiguy732

Jan 11, 2011
Visit site
I just flashed this and I like it so far. It is not as snappy as CM7 and I do miss the ability to customize the device like you can with CM7. with that all being said, I will keep this for a while as it functions! Flashlight works (I had to go into apps and clear all the data on the app), proximity sensor works, call volume is not an issue, bluetooth works, etc. If this were to get a better kernel and more customization it would be real sweet!

BTW... i use Go Launched EX with this so I can customize my layout.

icu

Oct 29, 2010
Visit site
Yes, I am enjoying having a fully functional camera/camcorder and a flashlight (I used to use this all the time).

I just remember hearing someone mentioning a touchscreen fix in one to the threads (I think at XDA). No matter I've had no issues.

I use LP+ so yeah you can still do about 75% of your customization with a new launcher. Beyond the o'clocking/undervolting and speed increase I think what I'm missing most right now is the soft button notification lights. Is it possible to get this on PWGB. Again, I need to read the entire XDA thread to find out these things, but I can't help but ask.

sushiguy732

Jan 11, 2011
Visit site
Yes, I am enjoying having a fully functional camera/camcorder and a flashlight (I used to use this all the time).

I just remember hearing someone mentioning a touchscreen fix in one to the threads (I think at XDA). No matter I've had no issues.

I use LP+ so yeah you can still do about 75% of your customization with a new launcher. Beyond the o'clocking/undervolting and speed increase I think what I'm missing most right now is the soft button notification lights. Is it possible to get this on PWGB. Again, I need to read the entire XDA thread to find out these things, but I can't help but ask.

Yeah... I do my customization with Launcher EX which ROCKS! But the changes I am looking to make deal with the notification bar and other settings you can find in the CM settings options. lso does anyone know if I can use the calendar from CM7 with PWGB?

domenci

Dec 6, 2010
Visit site
I installed the PWGB rom and this is the only problem I have with it so far, that the puzzle lock doesn't come up for phone calls. It does show up as puzzle for unlocking the screen, but I use pattern unlock anyways. I really want the puzzle unlock because the one that comes up (you pull the red or green dot from the side of the screen towards the center and there's a reply with message bar that slides up from the bottom, dunno what it's called) doesn't let you silence the ringer without kicking it straight to voicemail, aka 'ignore'