PWGB Questions/Comments

big_limits

Mar 5, 2011
Visit site
Yeah I flashed it. no real signifigant change. There was a bit tho. Doesn't hurt to try on ur phone tho. The fascinate I have now is the crappiest one i've had tho. My last phone was a performer but it need to work on its landing more before jumping off a scissor lift 40' in the air

sushiguy732

Jan 11, 2011
Visit site
yes... very sluggish indeed. I do love the fact that everything works as it is supposed to. and a BIG + is that my GPS is more accurate and locks on in only a few seconds.

I was going to go back to the newest build of CM7 today to see if the phone issue was fixed but I will try to flash the the tweak you posted above first.

icu

Oct 29, 2010
Visit site
Cool - let us know what you find. I'll probably try it too and I'll post if I get any result + or -

The only other thing I've found myself missing is the soft key notification lights from CM7. I know about NoLED, but I'd rather have the soft keys light up. Is this possible without a custom kernel?

As soon as CM7 reaches RC I'll be checking it out for sure (or if TSM PoolParty gets the TW camcorder working - whichever comes first)

big_limits

Mar 5, 2011
Visit site
Yeah doesnt support bln yet. Probably around the time u see voodoo u will see bln as well. Unless ur a dev and got the skills. Wish i had the time to learn so i could contribute

atomD21

Feb 23, 2011
Visit site
I used PWGB for a while and it didn't work all that well for me. I had random reboots that nothing would fix. All the features worked really well, but I gave up CR 2.1 because of the reboot issue. It's probably something with my phone, so I'll stick with GeeWhiz 1.1 for now, as that has worked the best of all. All that being said, if PWGB runs solid on your phone, keep it, it's a great ROM.

dlcullen

Sep 14, 2010
Visit site
I've been running the PWGB Beta3 about a week. I loaded LauncherPro on it and had problems with the screen going black so that I had to pull the battery. It was happening a lot. I went back to the stock launcher first thing this morning and it's running great. I've loaded several new apps and have the phone all set up with widgets, apps and data and it's running great. GPS, camera, Netflix run great, haven't seen any force closes in anything yet!

xairrick

Jan 12, 2011
Visit site
yes... very sluggish indeed. I do love the fact that everything works as it is supposed to. and a BIG + is that my GPS is more accurate and locks on in only a few seconds.

I was going to go back to the newest build of CM7 today to see if the phone issue was fixed but I will try to flash the the tweak you posted above first.

After running PWGB for over a week i noticed that the phone started getting sluggish and battery life was tanking.

I reloaded PWGB 2.03 and didn't install any launchers or widgets (except for one calendar widget) the phone is much faster and the battery life is super.

I have assume my problems was due to an launcher or widget that wasn't playing nice with PWGB.

over at xda someone suggested changing the vm heap to fix the lagginess -> xda-developers - View Single Post - [ROM][i500][09/01][EH09][ODIN][2.3.4] PWGB v2.0b3 TW-Based ROM

icu

Oct 29, 2010
Visit site
Voodoo control plus app works great with this roms kernel

I installed this and it does seem to work well. Ran into a "bug" - I wasn't getting any sound when recording - by process of elimination I found that switching the Recording Preset to "Original" got it to work again. Maybe it's just me, but try this is you get no sound while recording/camcordering.

Getting great battery life. Few bugs or issues. Everything works (GPS is QUICK once I used GPS Status - Tools - Manage A-GPS State to Reset and Download new data).

It can get bogged down sometimes, but this can be solved by stopping some apps/services, Fast Reboot or a real reboot.

skiddingus

Jan 3, 2011
Visit site
I have been using PWGB for a wek or so. It is awesome. I have not had any of the problems I have seen reported. I just installed the voodoo kernel tonight and so far everything is working great. For what it is worth, my quadrant test score went from 940 to 1588 after the lagfix. This is the first time I have voodooed my phone so I will have to see how it goes for the next few days. My battery usually drops about 25% in a 10 hour day at work.

Here is the link to the lagfix:
http://rootzwiki.com/showthread.php?5875-kernel-stock-EH09-voodoo-imoseyon-beta-kernel-0.1.0-9-20-11

Last edited:
Reactions: big_limits

icu

Oct 29, 2010
Visit site
I'll have to try this, but I was going to wait for a little while.

However, I've heard no issues with anyone that's using it. Anyone else heard of any issues (at all!?!)?

Heck I'll install it this afternoon. Can always revert ...

*also - I've applied the Universal Adrenaline Shot v7 and changed the vm heap size to 32 and it's already tons faster. Can always go fasterer
Info on the Shot and the heap size adjustment can be found in the XDA thread. Just look through the last 5-10 pages. [ROM][i500][09/01][EH09][ODIN][2.3.4] PWGB v2.0b3 TW-Based ROM - Page 74 - xda-developers

I am very happy this ROM is getting some attention. If really is working out well for me and if we do indeed have a stable voodoo kernel "We're in business!" - of course BLN and O'cloack/undervolting would just be the icing on the cake that is truth.

briguyy

Oct 29, 2010
Visit site
Ive had this ROM installed now for about 2 weeks and i have no complaints.What i like about it is the GPS locks on faster than any other, battery life is great and i havnt had any missed calls and im still running ED05 Baseband..i figured leave well enough alone. I just flashed the voodoo kernel and the phone seems a bit snappier. I have voodoo control app but it doesnt give any options...i take it i need the PLUS version. My next round of business is to try the Adrynaline shot fix and see if i can make it faster.
Thanks to all the DEVS for continuing to support our Fascinates and not leave us abandoned.

dlcullen

Sep 14, 2010
Visit site
so... I've installed voodoo, the Adrenaline Shot, the host file to replace the stock host to eliminate ads... one last thing I would like to do is install the battery mod mentioned in #post 97 Page 10 on the XDA site linked above by icu, the post says
"If you guys want to try out a different acc. battery mod, find it in the Mods section of the OP. It's still GB Style but the numbers are easier to read."
But I am not seeing where to find it? Mods section of the OP??? WHERE do I find that battery I want it!

Found what I wanted:

http://forum.xda-developers.com/showthread.php?t=1199528

gotta be careful about just what battery you are installing I installed another one and my phone wouldn't boot! I found this one and was able to just flash. Whew I thought I would be reinstalling everything!

Last edited:

sushiguy732

Jan 11, 2011
Visit site
I am trying the evil woman myself right now.... just booting it up and heard her tell me "restore operation"! Looking forward to some voodoo majik!

skiddingus

Jan 3, 2011
Visit site
Another voodoo kernel was just released. I'm running it now. This one was made specifically for the Fascinate. I am running it now and it seems to be perfect. Slightly undervolted so well see how the battery does. The only bug is the flashlights apps don't work.

curley

Aug 31, 2010
Visit site
I think skidd is referring ccampos' test kernel on xda. go to the rom post page 80.

Last edited:

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
planeboy