anyway to flash a rom through the stock recovery??

Sandeth

Sep 26, 2011
Visit site
Hi I am really new to flashing rom and the android central community. The title says it all, is there Anyway to flash a rom through renaming it update.zip in stock recovery.Mind you I am unrooted, so if I need root could someone one point me in the direction of an app that roots through my phone and not through a computer please:D

Thanks to whom ever responds to my noobish question

icu

Oct 29, 2010
Visit site
Hi I am really new to flashing rom and the android central community. The title says it all, is there Anyway to flash a rom through renaming it update.zip in stock recovery.Mind you I am unrooted, so if I need root could someone one point me in the direction of an app that roots through my phone and not through a computer please:D

I don't think that is possible because in order to make the root stick I thin you first need to install new recovery and it is from this Clockwork Recovery that you can flash a new ROM/Kernel/Radio.

I'm sure there is a way to establish root without using Odin, but I'm not sure where to find up to date information on how to do this because everyone pretty much uses Odin as a starting point (at least I do).

Is there a reason why you wouldn't want to do this via Odin?
If you think you could try Odin then you could see Landshark's links on the last page of this thread - http://forums.androidcentral.com/ve...s/55789-discussion-fascinate-root-how-33.html

Once you use Odin to flash a rooted mod you can then easily install the mod of your choice via CWM. Personally, I find Odin much easier - you just need to be a bit careful and it can really speed up the process. Less steps in which to make a mistake.

Landshark

Jan 11, 2011
Visit site

There is no way to root your phone without a computer. The easiest way to root the Fascinate right now is to follow these instructions:

Follow the instructions by killahamsammich in post #2 of this thread:

http://forums.androidcentral.com/ve...15309-help-needed-root-fascinate-w-froyo.html

His link for the CWM file is dead, so use this CWM:
CWM3_Voodoo.tar.md5

If you need guidance on how to use ODIN and/or CWM, just click the link in my signature below for DroidXcon's thread which includes screenshot visual aids.

Sandeth

Sep 26, 2011
Visit site
Sorry it took so long to respond dint think anyone would respond so quickly,Thanks landshark and icu:), I was hoping I could apply root on my phone without a computer due to the fact I don't have a computer of my own right now. But if it can't be done without a computer then I guess I gotta try it out at my local library. Thanks again for responding at the timing too I can already tell this is a great community:cool:

Landshark

Jan 11, 2011
Visit site
Sorry it took so long to respond dint think anyone would respond so quickly,Thanks landshark and icu:), I was hoping I could apply root on my phone without a computer due to the fact I don't have a computer of my own right now. But if it can't be done without a computer then I guess I gotta try it out at my local library. Thanks again for responding at the timing too I can already tell this is a great community:cool:

Yeah, unfortunately you need to have CWM installed to flash the superuser + busybox file and there's no way to get CWM on your phone except through ODIN which requires a computer. Once you have CWM you should be able to download any zip files to your phone through most third party browsers such as dolphin hd, firefox, or opera. Then simply boot to recovery (CWM) and install the zip file.

Ankur Bummerkar

Oct 2, 2014
Visit site
Signature failed.installation aborted.

Hi i have galaxy core duos gt-i8262. when i installing CWM recovery using odin it failed.and with ROM manager also failed . for 2 month i am trying seeing videos to set the signature failed but i can't.so i decided to install twrp but its also failed. Plz......help me to install cwm on my phone. AND ALSO I WANT ANDROID FACES ON MY GALAXY CORE KEYPAD. I HOLD BUTTON ITS SHOW MENU,TEXT ETC. BUT NOT SMILEY SO CAN U HELP ME FOR THIS ALSO.

raddricky

Apr 7, 2015
Visit site
I think you can try king user to root your phone without computer. I was successful in rooting my galaxy sduos 2 by king user. And as for flashing a rom by stock recovery, its only possible for a stock rom meant for the phone. Stock recovery will not support any other roms.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Very-Annoyed