Questions about cyanogen on fascinate

Zhipp

Oct 18, 2011
Visit site
Hello, I'm new to Android central. I'm actually pretty new to Android in general, although I have watched a lot of videos about it.

I just recently bought my Fascinate, and I'm quite satisfied with it so far (really liking the swype keyboard), but there are a few annoyances, so I'm hoping I can get rid of them by rooting and installing Cyanogenmod 7.

First, there's the minimum brightness, it's a bit too high for me. I downloaded Invisibright and a brightness widget, these both allow me to set the brightness lower than the included brightness control, but the problem is that when I choose the lowest brightness (0%) it always brightens the screen back to around 5-10% immediately after I exit the window.

The second annoyance is the inability to turn off the pesky backlights on the touch buttons, I do some reading in dark rooms and it would be nice not to have those lights shining in my face all the time.

My questiond are: Does cyanogen allow you to turn off the touch button backlight, and is the minimum brightness lower than stock? Also, can you control your music from the lock screen?
Is the battery life any better or worse than stock?
Lastly, will I lose any of the free apps that came with the phone(like Thinkfree Office)?

Thanks in advance, and sorry for all the questions, I couldn't find the answers anywhere online.

domenci

Dec 6, 2010
Visit site
I'll throw a couple thoughts into the mix... I installed the stable build, which includes its own kernel that I stuck with...
I also want to turn off BLN, but cannot find an option.
My main issue is that the volume for ringtones, notifications, and alarms is ridiculously quiet (I didn't try media); if I did not have a backup alarm I would have been screwed the other morning... any ideas how to fix this?

EDIT Upon review I believe the post above me is not referring to BLN, but rather turning off the lights altogether... that I might be interested in as well

atomD21

Feb 23, 2011
Visit site
As of right now, CM7 doesn't allow you to disable the softkey backlight. There may be a mod out there, but I'm not sure. Just my two cents, when I flashed CM7, following the install instructions from the CM team, my data broke. YMMV, as always, but just thought I'd throw that out there.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
planeboy