UKB 2.0--can't charge while turned off (attn: JaeKar99)

MollyMillions

Nov 3, 2011
Visit site
I recently got a used Fascinate, already rooted and running UKB 2.0. However, when I try and charge the phone while it's off, the charging screen freezes and requires a battery pull to get out of. I saw a thread on XDA-Developers that had the same problem, which JaeKar99 was able to fix, but I'm too new to PM him.

In the topic, the user was able to fix the problem by switching to the comavolt kernel, but I'm new to rooting/custom mods and kernels, and not sure if the phone has Voodoo on it or not. Don't want to make the mistake of installing the wrong kernel.

My basic stats are:

Firmware version: UKB 2.0

Kernal version: 2.6.32.9

Build number SCH-I500.ED01

Any advice is greatly appreciated.

JaeKar99

Oct 2, 2010
Visit site
I recently got a used Fascinate, already rooted and running UKB 2.0. However, when I try and charge the phone while it's off, the charging screen freezes and requires a battery pull to get out of. I saw a thread on XDA-Developers that had the same problem, which JaeKar99 was able to fix, but I'm too new to PM him.

In the topic, the user was able to fix the problem by switching to the comavolt kernel, but I'm new to rooting/custom mods and kernels, and not sure if the phone has Voodoo on it or not. Don't want to make the mistake of installing the wrong kernel.

My basic stats are:

Firmware version: UKB 2.0

Kernal version: 2.6.32.9

Build number SCH-I500.ED01

Any advice is greatly appreciated.

Sorry it took me a bit to get back to you.
I do have copies of the comavolt kernels.. I noticed that times_infinity has pulled the original comavolt links. If you are running the original UKB 2.0 you should be running a voodoo kernel. This is is the Edify install version of that kernel - Link

Even if you do not have voodoo enabled this kernel should boot on your phone - you may have to enable voodoo (CWM Voodoo menu) - or it will self enable after flashing this kernel.

You may have to consider upgrading to different ROM - UKB is no longer supported - the kernels are no longer available.. I do have a copy of the non-voodoo version - > Link - append version.. will not flash on CWM 3.x or higher.

Do not flash this unless you know you are NOT on voodoo..

Hope it turns out well.

Reactions: MollyMillions

MollyMillions

Nov 3, 2011
Visit site
Sorry it took me a bit to get back to you.

No problem. I really appreciate the help; I've never flashed a phone before and I'm nervous about bricking it (maybe not permanently, but bad enough).

You may have to consider upgrading to different ROM - UKB is no longer supported - the kernels are no longer available.

Maybe I should just try another ROM, if I'm going to have to eventually anyway. In your opinion, what would be good to try--Cyanogen? Would that be likely to clear up the charging problem by itself? [EDIT]: Also, do I need a different kernel if I switch to Cyanogen? Not really sure what to use, and I don't need to overclock or anything. Just want stability.

One other thing, my phone has CWM v4.0.1.0, but booting into recovery gives me the blue menu with no voodoo options. Does this mean I don't have voodoo, or just that I need to boot into red CWM somehow?

Last edited:

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
steve1084