TSM Resurrection 1.1 crashes

adamklo

Jan 12, 2011
Visit site
So, I would ask over at Xda, but I don't have enough posts to ask.

Anyway, I flashed over the the new EI20 Resurrection 1.1 GB rom, For kernels, I've tried GeeWiz 2.1, TKSGB 1027 and the 1106 bleedingedge. The problem I have is my phone randomly reboots. Each kernel I've flashed I wipe cache/dalvik beforehand. It usually happens when I wake up my phone, as I try to unlock my screen (Epic lock), it freezes and reboots. It has also happened when it was sitting prone, doing nothing, and while making phone calls.

Any suggestions? I want to ask the xda folks, particularly nitsuj17, djp952, comradesven, since they are in charge of the rom and the kernels, respectively, but I can't.

Additionally, TKSGB used to allow VM Heap, but now it tells me SU access was not found on my phone blah blah blah. What is going on?

Last edited:

HuskerDad3

Oct 14, 2010
Visit site
I had the same problem when I was using TSM on TKSGB, I switched back to PWGB and have been using imoseyn's 1.5.2 kernel w/o any random reboots for over a week. You can find the kernel on Rootzwik.

Sent from my SCH-I500 using Tapatalk

icu

Oct 29, 2010
Visit site

jampot

Jan 15, 2011
Visit site
The new TSM Res rom totally broke my data. Loved it before, then hated it, but there you go...

I switched to PowerWashed and it's so stable I'm freaking out.

Just my .02 :)

adamklo

Jan 12, 2011
Visit site
I appreciate all the input.

I can't say for sure whether it is the ROM or kernel that's causing my reboots. Fortunately, my data hasn't been eaten (yet?).

I think, tonight, I'm going to clean install TSM Res 1.1 and TKSGB BE and see what that does for me. I liked GeeWiz, but I didn't like that it wouldn't let me UV anything, though it did seem snappy enough not to bother.

If all else fails, I'll have to submit a logcat, which I've never done before.

adamklo

Jan 12, 2011
Visit site
Well, I did a clean wipe last night; even flashed back to stock Elcair!!! What a sight!

Anyway, went fresh into TSM 1.1 with TKSBE and I've not had a problem (except for the FCs that the 1.2 patch will fix)!

I also switched from using the Epic lock to SGSII. I'm nervous that if I keep using Epic it will continue to reboot on me and I'm afraid to try. I'm just so pleased with what I have!

Thanks for the input. This community is the greatest!

fassy100

Jul 30, 2011
Visit site
Can you help me id like to try thr res1.2 but am i supposed to install res0.1 first or 1.0 and then 1.1? Like what first and then how do i get to 1.1 and 1.2?

adamklo

Jan 12, 2011
Visit site
Can you help me id like to try thr res1.2 but am i supposed to install res0.1 first or 1.0 and then 1.1? Like what first and then how do i get to 1.1 and 1.2?

Flash TSM Res 1.0 via CWM; then you can directly flash 1.1 or 1.2 over top of it. I don't think you need to do 1.1 before 1.2; I believe 1.2 has all the 1.1 changes added in, but I'm not 100%.

big_limits

Mar 5, 2011
Visit site
Yes if u are on tsm res 1.0 you can skip 1.1 and flash 1.2. If u are already on 1.1 you can flash 1.2 right over that. Wipe caches

adamklo

Jan 12, 2011
Visit site
Even if im running voodoo?

Yep.

Update on my situation: After the re-flash, I was solid until I switched back to the Epic unlock; then it started rebooting. I switched back to SGSII and haven't had an issue.

I blame epic, which is terrible because I love that lockscreen!

fassy100

Jul 30, 2011
Visit site
Really cause mines is in the epic lockscreen and i havent had a sibgle reboot everythinga rubning smooth too

adamklo

Jan 12, 2011
Visit site
I don't know.

I thought it was because I flashed too many kernels back-to-back and it got all jacked-up, but after a clean install it still happened. I guess we'll see.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
2fedes