06-04-2012 12:20 PM
65 123
tools
    Thanks for your 2 cents. im still reading up on the roms and all the pages of threads to get caught up on what issues each is having and whats been resolved and what not. What aopk are you using?
    04-04-2012 03:09 PM
    I managed to find a, link to build 29.

http://nightly.exynos.co/fascinate/

It seems nice, although it can be slow at times and I have the issue where the home screens don't always appear right away. Hopefully build 30 is out soon and fixes this. Also, it is said that mms works on wifi in aopk, but mine has failed to work a couple of times (could just be my phone though).

Sent from my SCH-I500 using Tapatalk
    04-04-2012 04:28 PM
    I managed to find a, link to build 29.

Index of /fascinate/

It seems nice, although it can be slow at times and I have the issue where the home screens don't always appear right away. Hopefully build 30 is out soon and fixes this. Also, it is said that mms works on wifi in aopk, but mine has failed to work a couple of times (could just be my phone though).

Sent from my SCH-I500 using Tapatalk
    Have you tried running glitch kernel?

http://www.androtransfer.com/tk-glit...tch-V14-B6.zip
    anon268366 likes this.
    04-05-2012 12:59 PM
    Hey SCN im actually reading into the glitched kernel, from what im seeing over at xda theres a new aokp 31 released today. im still unclear what glitched means and what the advantages of flashing it are. but ive narrowed down what im considering to 2 roms. ones the aokp 31 and the other is the devious themed aokp. still not sure what i want. Im guessing as builds come out it is advised to flash the newest build? still reading on where to go, any imput from anyone would be great, thanks
    04-09-2012 03:03 PM
    Hey SCN im actually reading into the glitched kernel, from what im seeing over at xda theres a new aokp 31 released today. im still unclear what glitched means and what the advantages of flashing it are. but ive narrowed down what im considering to 2 roms. ones the aokp 31 and the other is the devious themed aokp. still not sure what i want. Im guessing as builds come out it is advised to flash the newest build? still reading on where to go, any imput from anyone would be great, thanks
    I personally use AOKP builds as they have more features. Both ICS roms are stable in terms of performance. Glitch kernels as opposed to the stock rom kernels fixes several issues and I would advise using it if you are interested in speed (under/overclocking).
    04-09-2012 04:27 PM
    Alight I've just about had it with this GB res. Rom. I've decided that i'm going with the aokp 32.1 rom and if i rather the themed one i will swith over. I've been reading so much that i think i have confused myself on how exactly to flash this rom. Im willing to completely wipe my phone clean so im not worried about backing up apps. I can just go back and download the ones i want anyway. can you help me out with how i can get this loaded on my phone. i think i have an idea but im not 100% sure. what files do i need to download. i already have odin and all my drivers updated on my computer. thanks again for all the help.
    04-16-2012 10:51 PM
    Alight I've just about had it with this GB res. Rom. I've decided that i'm going with the aokp 32.1 rom and if i rather the themed one i will swith over. I've been reading so much that i think i have confused myself on how exactly to flash this rom. Im willing to completely wipe my phone clean so im not worried about backing up apps. I can just go back and download the ones i want anyway. can you help me out with how i can get this loaded on my phone. i think i have an idea but im not 100% sure. what files do i need to download. i already have odin and all my drivers updated on my computer. thanks again for all the help.
    Not sure if you found your answer, but I am a complete newb and just followed the procedure in this link (section 4) with no issues.

[GUIDE] Installing a Rom/CWM recovery/Root or going back to Stock - xda-developers

Cheers!
    04-20-2012 11:02 PM
    Hey jonesy, Yeah I've used that guide the last time I flashed, But i never bookmarked it. I found it again the other day when reading and made it a point to save it. Best and easiest guide to follow that I've found. Thanks for your help though.
    04-21-2012 02:17 PM
    Just flashed build 9 of THS over build 6.1 today and so far very stable. I've still to test the gps though as I had some issues with earlier builds.
    05-07-2012 10:37 PM
    05-24-2012 12:49 AM
    The Fascinate lives on! Going to have to pull mine out and try this.
    05-24-2012 12:55 AM

You still have that thing? I ditched mine a long while back. By ditched I mean 7 replacements and VZW gave me a Incredible 2. I loved that thing for everything except a phone. If you know what I mean.
    05-25-2012 01:02 PM
    There's the "Glitched up" version that I'm using and it SINGS! I'm actually shocked how well ICS is running on this thing. It's also surprisingly stable and I've not encountered any real issues. The Fascinate is reborn I no longer feel ICS envy and I can definitely be happy for another 3 or 4 months (or more).

encounterpc : index of /stevespear426/aokp/fascinate
    05-25-2012 10:01 PM
    Just flashed build 37 and it's working good so far, no real issues. Should get me through till the s3 hits the shelves.
    My only question is, where can I go to find the latest builds, (if anymore are released that is...)
    Thanks!
    06-02-2012 07:52 PM
    Actually just checked my link above and build 38 seems to be up, but to read up on what's going on you can check XDA or Rootzwiki.

[ROM][ICS][5/24] Android Open Kang Project Fascinate Build 37 (4.0.4) - xda-developers

http://rootzwiki.com/forum/425-device-threads/
    06-04-2012 12:20 PM
65 123
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD