I am running Ice Cream Sandwich now and I am wondering how I can boost the sound output of the headphone jack as it is rather quiet! Thanks for the tips guys!
    01-17-2012 10:47 PM
    Just turn the volume down and then up again..see if that helps. I'm pretty sure it's a known issue

Sent from my SCH-I500 using Tapatalk
    01-17-2012 11:26 PM
    Like max it out and then run it down and back up again?
    01-17-2012 11:59 PM
    I'm not certain if it is compatible (although I don't see why it wouldn't be), but I would try Voodoo Control? Worth a shot - would need to get the paid version, but the headphone jack improvements are worth it.

https://market.android.com/details?i...cHBkb25hdGUiXQ..

I'd ask some others running ICS to see if it works for them, but this is the best solution I know for our phones. Increases the sound quality too - lots of options. Great stuff.
    01-18-2012 09:45 AM
    Like max it out and then run it down and back up again?
    If the problem is the same as I had them all you need to do is turn the volume down one notch and then back up. When I was on ICS the volume would be very quite until I did this. And it seemed to happen after each time I booted the phone.

Sent from my SCH-I500 using Tapatalk
    01-18-2012 04:38 PM
    Or, add and EQ app and crank up the levels.
    01-18-2012 09:38 PM
    Man this volume level sucks! I tried the above suggestions and haven't come up with much. If I use an EQ program it just sounds like garbage when I crank all the levels up.

EDIT: Used the VooDoo control app and what a difference! Worth every penny!
    01-20-2012 01:29 AM
    EDIT: Used the VooDoo control app and what a difference! Worth every penny!
    Yeah - apparently the Samsung used nice hardware for the headphone amp etc, but their software/kernels didn't take advantage. Supercurio is a madman obsessed with audio fidelity and it really unlocks the potential of our phones. Makes me feel back when I use my bluetooth headphones, but it's great when I jack into my speakers at home.
    01-20-2012 12:42 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD