Force update to GB

piratefan

May 2, 2011
Visit site
I had to reinstall stock on my Fascinate; I did the EB01 ROM. I cannot get the phone to update to GB to save my life. I have called Verizon, who sent me to Samsung, who sent my back to Verizon, who then sent me back to Samsung. I could not find a stock GB ROM at the time I reflashed (maybe I didn't look hard enough?). Anyone have any thoughts/suggestions?

piratefan

May 2, 2011
Visit site
That is the information I used to flash, but the OTA updates will not register. Every time I check the status of new software on the phone I am told there are no new updates.

piratefan

May 2, 2011
Visit site
I had radio issues with the first install, so I reinstalled and rooted. I then had radio issues again. I am not versed in/comfortable with changing radio within the distro itself, so I went back to CM7.

Fail... On my part, anyway.

sushiguy732

Jan 11, 2011
Visit site
I had radio issues with the first install, so I reinstalled and rooted. I then had radio issues again. I am not versed in/comfortable with changing radio within the distro itself, so I went back to CM7.

Fail... On my part, anyway.

I have to be honest.... From the first month I had my Fascinate I went the rooted / custom ROM route. I did that for about a year and now I am 100% stock but with root. This way I was able to delete all the bloat and make backups, etc. I couldn't be happier. I found that while a custom ROM has some nice features, I really wasn't taking advantage of them to a degree where it was worth the issues they were causing. But then again, to each their own.

piratefan

May 2, 2011
Visit site
I tried again last night and successfully flashed the stock GB ROM referrenced above. This time all is well - rooting included.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Chelsea rae