Help restoring stock screenshot app.

Ataraxia212

Jun 17, 2011
Visit site
Okay, so everyone here is probably going to think I?m crazy, but I love the stock fascinate screenshot service. I take a lot of screenshots as a visual interface backup, should I need to put my phone back precisely the way it was if anything goes awry. I?m running Superclean3 Milestone 2 right now and will be for the foreseeable future, but I want the stock screen capture service back!

I took a look at this XDA thread:

(Rom){EH03}[1.19.12] SuperClean3 Milestone 2 - xda-developers

In post number 3 in the ?patches? section there is a link to the ?Stock Screenshot App? (flashable in CWM) on multiupload, but the link is dead?as are the others.

So I have a spare fascinate that a coworker discarded. I flashed stock gingerbread and pulled screencaptureservice.apk and screencaptureservice.odex from the system/apps folder with ES File Explorer by exporting it to my SD. I them placed the files on my desktop and bluetoothed them to my actual phone?s SD and copied them into the system/apps folder (after selecting ?Root Explorer? and ?Mount File System? in settings). I then rebooted the phone and tried to take a screenshot and nothing happened. I realized at that time that I had absolutely no idea what the heck I was doing. Don?t ask me what I was thinking, in many ways I?m still a super-noob :)

All of the screenshot apps I?ve downloaded have either been add-supported (which I?m not a fan of) or generally terrible. Any ideas?