Bypass activation screen: My girlfriend?s weight depends on it!

Ataraxia212

Jun 17, 2011
Visit site
The Problem:

Okay, I need a fix for a very specific problem and I thought I?d ask for help here. The bottom line is that I want to bypass activation on the Fascinate. I don?t want to bypass the activation screen (a la *#83786633). Airplane mode is not an option for bypassing the activation prompt (even though that is effective for not displaying the activation prompt). I?ve tried renaming/freezing setupwizard.apk and it does nothing. I?ve tried stock EH03, then THS and Gummy ICS ROMs. On all of them I get an activation screen while connected to the cell network at startup.

The Story:

A while back a coworker provided me with a ?broken? Fascinate (GB update messed it up). I took it, flashed stock and have been using it as my no-consequence-playground ever since. Well now I have a real purpose for it. My girlfriend just joined weight watchers but does not have a smartphone. I want her to be able to use the weight watchers app. I don?t want her to accidentally activate the phone, because I think the ESN is still tied to the previous user?s Verizon account. I?m a super-noob when it comes to the ?phone? side of things. Is that something that I should even be worried about? The user moved on to an iPhone, and I don?t want anything that I do with her old phone to mess up her account etc. Anyway, moving on?

The reason airplane mode is not an option is because the weight watchers app gives a ?network error? prompt when airplane mode is active (even if wifi and airplane mode are active concurrently). This is very stupid, but then again it is a very stupid app. I hope at least some of this is making sense. ICS ROMs are better than stock because simply hitting the back or home keys takes you to your homescreens, but I don?t want it to display at all!

Can anyone help? Thanks for reading! :)

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kemberley1