Fascinate system dump :)

Jerry Hildenbrand

Space Cowboy
Staff member
Oct 11, 2009
Visit site
Yall know how we roll here :)

Thanks to a very valuable source buried deep in the bowels of a windowless Verizon building somewhere in North America, here's the /system dump from the fascinate.

Please mirror this, because if VzW says it needs to come down, I have to yank it

fascinate_sys_dump.zip - 4shared.com - online file sharing and storage - download

lots of goodies in there...new live wallpapers, etc. Enjoy

Reactions: Fyrmedic654

Cory Streater

Sep 21, 2009
Visit site

Archerdude

Aug 31, 2010
Visit site
Now if i new what to do with it i would dive in. What do i need to get started on this. I want to open up the services file to see whats in there. I need a good program. Any suggestions?

Jerry Hildenbrand

Space Cowboy
Staff member
Oct 11, 2009
Visit site
Now if i new what to do with it i would dive in. What do i need to get started on this. I want to open up the services file to see whats in there. I need a good program. Any suggestions?

Download and install 7-zip (assuming you run Windows)
7-zip will open apk files
change the extension on jar files to zip, and 7-zip opens them too :)

Use notepad ++ to view/edit text files

Editing them is a whole different ballgame, and one I'm not really comfortable discussing. But Google apktool for the skinny. :)

Stevez48

Aug 1, 2010
Visit site
So If I wanted to use some of the ringtones, and alerts where do I upload them too on my Incredible? I can't find the same Media folder...

Thanks for any help

Jerry Hildenbrand

Space Cowboy
Staff member
Oct 11, 2009
Visit site
Here are a couple mirrors for you guys :)

Code:
http://www.mediafire.com/?x7sl1a1wuj7qy7h
http://www.megaupload.com/?d=R4XFRYFB

Wish i could thank you twice ;)

@splmonster and kpageisgreat
The apk's would probably work fine on other Galaxy S phones. They need hacked to run stand alone, but no worries. People are hard at it :)

Reactions: papa54

splmonster

Jun 12, 2010
Visit site
Wish i could thank you twice ;)

@splmonster and kpageisgreat
The apk's would probably work fine on other Galaxy S phones. They need hacked to run stand alone, but no worries. People are hard at it :)

So if someone does get that running where would I find it? Just asking since we can't post apk's here if i'm not mistaken.

Cory Streater

Sep 21, 2009
Visit site
They are in the system app folder, but they are not working on the Epic. I tried to install the Write and Go apk from my SD card and I also tried to copy its apk /odex into the Epic's app folder and no dice. When I used root explorer to try to do the copy it acted like it was copied over but when I scrolled the directory it still wasn't there.

thebizz

phone addict
Nov 8, 2009
Visit site
nope thats the framework for google maps. look in system/app and if you see maps.apk thats google maps.
get xultimate and you should be able to deodex your epic and the system dump. that may allow you to push some things from this to your phone