12-06-2011 01:20 AM
40 12
tools
    Yall know how we roll here

Thanks to a very valuable source buried deep in the bowels of a windowless Verizon building somewhere in North America, here's the /system dump from the fascinate.

Please mirror this, because if VzW says it needs to come down, I have to yank it

fascinate_sys_dump.zip - 4shared.com - online file sharing and storage - download

lots of goodies in there...new live wallpapers, etc. Enjoy
    09-03-2010 03:30 PM
    what exactly is in this .zip?
    09-03-2010 04:09 PM
    This system dump is every single thing thats going to be in the Verizon Fascinate.
    09-03-2010 04:38 PM
    yall know how we roll here

thanks to a very valuable source buried deep in the bowels of a windowless verizon building somewhere in north america, here's the /system dump from the fascinate.

Please mirror this, because if vzw says it needs to come down, i have to yank it

fascinate_sys_dump.zip - 4shared.com - online file sharing and storage - download

lots of goodies in there...new live wallpapers, etc. Enjoy
    You Rock.
    09-03-2010 04:43 PM
    Now if i new what to do with it i would dive in. What do i need to get started on this. I want to open up the services file to see whats in there. I need a good program. Any suggestions?
    09-03-2010 04:48 PM
    Now if i new what to do with it i would dive in. What do i need to get started on this. I want to open up the services file to see whats in there. I need a good program. Any suggestions?
    Download and install 7-zip (assuming you run Windows)
    7-zip will open apk files
    change the extension on jar files to zip, and 7-zip opens them too

Use notepad ++ to view/edit text files

Editing them is a whole different ballgame, and one I'm not really comfortable discussing. But Google apktool for the skinny.
    09-03-2010 04:54 PM
    I really want that Nexus LWP
    09-03-2010 04:57 PM
    So If I wanted to use some of the ringtones, and alerts where do I upload them too on my Incredible? I can't find the same Media folder...

Thanks for any help
    09-03-2010 05:13 PM
    Anyone that was worried Google Search wasn't included doesn't have to worry anymore. It's in there.
    Fyrmedic654 likes this.
    09-03-2010 05:17 PM
    thats good too here, i like google search
    09-03-2010 07:10 PM
    Anyone that was worried Google Search wasn't included doesn't have to worry anymore. It's in there.
    Just found time to dig into this a bit and came to post exactly that. Gratzi
    09-03-2010 07:12 PM
    So how do I get the live wallpaper from here to say a.... Droid X? Im in love with the water one.
    09-03-2010 08:06 PM
    So how do I get the live wallpaper from here to say a.... Droid X? Im in love with the water one.
    Me to!!!!!
    09-03-2010 09:14 PM
    09-03-2010 10:48 PM
    Why won't any of the apk's work on my EVO? Like Swype it just force closes on me.
    09-03-2010 11:29 PM
    Here are a couple mirrors for you guys

Code:
    http://www.mediafire.com/?x7sl1a1wuj7qy7h
    http://www.megaupload.com/?d=R4XFRYFB
    Wish i could thank you twice

@splmonster and kpageisgreat
    The apk's would probably work fine on other Galaxy S phones. They need hacked to run stand alone, but no worries. People are hard at it
    09-03-2010 11:51 PM
    Wish i could thank you twice

@splmonster and kpageisgreat
    The apk's would probably work fine on other Galaxy S phones. They need hacked to run stand alone, but no worries. People are hard at it
    So if someone does get that running where would I find it? Just asking since we can't post apk's here if i'm not mistaken.
    09-04-2010 12:50 AM
    They are in the system app folder, but they are not working on the Epic. I tried to install the Write and Go apk from my SD card and I also tried to copy its apk /odex into the Epic's app folder and no dice. When I used root explorer to try to do the copy it acted like it was copied over but when I scrolled the directory it still wasn't there.
    09-04-2010 07:12 AM
    I see a com.google.android.maps.jar file in the framework folder. Is this the installation file for Google Maps?
    09-07-2010 01:21 PM
    nope thats the framework for google maps. look in system/app and if you see maps.apk thats google maps.
    get xultimate and you should be able to deodex your epic and the system dump. that may allow you to push some things from this to your phone
    09-07-2010 01:28 PM
    So can we use this dump to eliminate Bing altogether? Phil found that even using Launcher Pro w/ Google Search, searches are being redirected to Bing somehow. Would this be a browser configuration or some other system configuration?

I used to be fairly adept w/ Linux, but it's been a while. Couldn't find a Bing config in the dump files....

Possibly a Verizon proxy server redirecting the searches?

Edit: I understand that we would have to obtain root first to change any system files, but we can at least start on the ROM now.
    09-08-2010 04:28 PM
    Any news here? It would be nice to have that clock weather widget on my X.
    09-08-2010 06:08 PM
    How and what can we do with this bonanza of goodies. I want more live wallpapers and I'm the root-challenged one. How can I get the wallpapers on my phone using my cable and Root Explorer! Help a sistah out!
    09-11-2010 10:59 PM
    How did you see the wallpaper? There are an awful lot of them listed.
    09-11-2010 11:23 PM
    Is that out widget for the TouchWiz?
    09-11-2010 11:29 PM
40 12
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD