Lag fix

Status
Not open for further replies.

Dirrk

Jul 25, 2010
Visit site
To be honest, I didn't notice that much of a speedup myself, other than Quadrant. Not sure how much it makes a difference, at least it's very easily removable. I must have installed/uninstalled ~12 times today. :)

From my reading of the European Galaxy S dev forums, there's a (hacked) firmware fix for this for good. I do notice very real lag when other applications are doing something, writing, processing, etc.. it doesn't happen too often, but it does seem to hang, so I think we have some of the lag problem still there that needs to be addressed. We'll see what happens in Europe first, but it's looking promising.

Yeah I was reading about that too, I also noticed that it hadn't been done on the vibrant successfully yet though so it may take a while.

As for the lag, we wont notice it as much but it does help out when your loading something that has alot of data such as facebook twitter and other stuff like that. Oh and btw I did not write the .bat file but Alex said I could modify it if I needed to so yeah we could add some logic in there to ask but as many people are having problems doing a simple root. I dont plan on confusing anyone else lol.

hatsoffexpress

Sep 4, 2010
Visit site
Let me put it to you this way, I've rooted the D1 back when it was 13 steps or whatever, and I rooted the DINC. One thing those methods had in common was high caliber hackery. After going through these process' I now realize how sophomoric they felt while I was doing them, and should have slowed my roll. I understand the rush to "pimp this ride," or whatever, but I got caught up and this is why a few things hold true...

1. All the "droid heads" who didn't want to even give this phone a chance (not saying you have to buy it) because of Bing can all hand in their pirate hooks right now. You signed up for this ship because of tweaking and freedoms and powerful hardware and then because of a singular widget folks ignore one of the most beautiful pieces of hardware available today. It's absurd.

2. The overkill of Android is taking its toll. I need root! I need Vanilla! Race for it, throw stability to the wind! ...I dunno. I kinda liked TW. But damn, one thing I give the OG Droid, is you Never, ever, ever, lost that phone like this.

Im tired, and heartbroken. Good night all. Enjoy your phones...

Dirrk

Jul 25, 2010
Visit site
And to clarify, I meant the whole rooting experience on Galaxy feels subpar compared to when I was wrangling the droid.

Then you should give me your phone I have an extra droid and know someone who wants it. You can remove the lag fix if you want you probably wont notice a huge difference in day to day use.

hatsoffexpress

Sep 4, 2010
Visit site
Dirrk, I was beat *** tired last night when I wrote the post. I meant when things go down hill on this device, its too new for a quick fix to be located. I would admonish against the removal of bloat for now. If you remove bloat and have to hard reset, TW won't launch. It force close loops. Luckly VZW gave me another this morning, because ADB wouldnt even acknowledge this thing as a device last night once TW went.

BTW, I love my Droid, but this phone is awesome. And TY for the root walk through, no hinges there.

howdy

Sep 8, 2010
Visit site
ooops.. the lag fix wasn't taking for me for some reason so I re-did the lag fix (probably a total of 3 times) and now I'm stuck pretty good.. I now know I should have did the unlagfix first, but I didn't think it did anything the first time since it was no different and quad was still 900.. so I did it again. I know, my bad..

So I'm stuck in a loop with errors for pretty much all applications (I'm assuming because there isn't enough memory now to run them??).

The first one I was getting is:
android.process.acore stopped unexpectedly

then it pretty well loops through all of the application and doesn't get out of the error message screen.

The application TwLauncher (process com.sec.android.app.twlauncher) has stopped unexpectedly. Please try again. (Force close)

I tried factory reset, didn't help. I did manage to connect to SD to reformat the card (which I'm doing now, although I'm doubting that will help any).

Is there an update.zip file I can flash??? or am I hosed?

DamnRock

Sep 11, 2010
Visit site
Sorry howdy, I can't help with your situation.

My question is... after the lag fix people are getting 2100 quadrant scores... quadrant shows the Droid X to get about a 1200 score... is the hardware in this phone better than the hardware in the X? Mine (pre-lag fix) got around 900. It's my understanding the Hummingbird CPU is faster than the Snapdragon CPU...

Rock

namebrandon

Sep 8, 2010
www.sunny16.org
Sorry howdy, I can't help with your situation.

My question is... after the lag fix people are getting 2100 quadrant scores... quadrant shows the Droid X to get about a 1200 score... is the hardware in this phone better than the hardware in the X? Mine (pre-lag fix) got around 900. It's my understanding the Hummingbird CPU is faster than the Snapdragon CPU...

Rock

Benchmarks are dependent upon a number of things. You can't accurately compare one CPU to another CPU if they're both on different hardware. To answer your question, yes the Hummingbird beats the Snapdragon speed-wise in almost every category.

Jodiuh

Apr 6, 2010
Visit site
I've noticed newrob can get dog slow on the stock Fascinate. Does this hack fix that? Also, the guide mentions having busybox installed, but doesn't go through the process that I can see. Is there a more noob friendly guide out there?

Dirrk

Jul 25, 2010
Visit site
I've noticed newrob can get dog slow on the stock Fascinate. Does this hack fix that? Also, the guide mentions having busybox installed, but doesn't go through the process that I can see. Is there a more noob friendly guide out there?

Just root your phone.
Follow the link in my sig on how to root the phone it has the right busybox. And I am not sure what your talking about on newrob sorry but I will say all apps that use persistant data will run faster with this

howdy

Sep 8, 2010
Visit site
got it sorted out.. isn't 1Gb kind of much?? seeing as the Fascinate only has 2Gb I think I'll wait a bit... I'm not playing around anymore until the recovery is in place, but does anyone know for sure what parameter to change in the file to go down to 1/2 or even 250? I read a couple of people tried it, but it wasn't real clear and they each changed a different parameter. one was seek, not sure the other..

namebrandon

Sep 8, 2010
www.sunny16.org
got it sorted out.. isn't 1Gb kind of much?? seeing as the Fascinate only has 2Gb I think I'll wait a bit... I'm not playing around anymore until the recovery is in place, but does anyone know for sure what parameter to change in the file to go down to 1/2 or even 250? I read a couple of people tried it, but it wasn't real clear and they each changed a different parameter. one was seek, not sure the other..

Yeah, we changed it, and then I got confirmation that shrinking the file isn't the way to go, you want to make it larger. There are problems in doing that though, with the way the OS reports free space. Long story short, best to stick with 1GB if you want to play with the lagfix. It's easy to apply, and un-apply.

However, never, ever, ever, run it twice in a row. Always install, and uninstall.. never install, then install again. As long as you uninstall each time, you'll be fine.

mrmorgan123

Sep 12, 2010
Visit site
I wonder if maybe you could help me? I'm using a mac but also have win 7 so I'll try again there also as I have before, either way I'm coming up with things like this when I click lagfixme.bat /Users/morgankelly/Desktop/RyanZAEXT2LagFix ALPHA 1/lagfixme.bat: line 1: @echo: command not found
: command not foundDesktop/RyanZAEXT2LagFix ALPHA 1/lagfixme.bat: line 2: cls
/Users/morgankelly/Desktop/RyanZAEXT2LagFix ALPHA 1/lagfixme.bat: line 3: COLOR: command not found
I'm just getting all these command not founds! I successfully rooted my fascinate and have superuser and have Root explorer and that's where my experience ends. Hope you could tell me what I'm doing wrong.

Dirrk

Jul 25, 2010
Visit site
I wonder if maybe you could help me? I'm using a mac but also have win 7 so I'll try again there also as I have before, either way I'm coming up with things like this when I click lagfixme.bat /Users/morgankelly/Desktop/RyanZAEXT2LagFix ALPHA 1/lagfixme.bat: line 1: @echo: command not found
: command not foundDesktop/RyanZAEXT2LagFix ALPHA 1/lagfixme.bat: line 2: cls
/Users/morgankelly/Desktop/RyanZAEXT2LagFix ALPHA 1/lagfixme.bat: line 3: COLOR: command not found
I'm just getting all these command not founds! I successfully rooted my fascinate and have superuser and have Root explorer and that's where my experience ends. Hope you could tell me what I'm doing wrong.

Run it on your windows computer

Status
Not open for further replies.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Chelrie