How to go back To stock

Status
Not open for further replies.
Aug 4, 2010
Visit site
I had root and just did the Settings > Privacy > Factory Wipe process on my rooted Fascinate. Took me back to, what appears to be, bone stock. I had to re-sync my gmail account, but did not get a notice to activate the phone. However, the bloatware I had renamed when rooted does not appear. For example, I now have no browser and the search hot button does not work. I suppose my options would be to re-root and rename the files again or use the quick back-to-stock method.

omniterp

Sep 23, 2010
Visit site
so i followed the instructions and it said "pass" at the end, assumed it worked properly

after i open the phone i can still use titanium backup..does that mean im still rooted?

omniterp

Sep 23, 2010
Visit site
yeah i still have superuser...i have both icons still in the applications drawer...and my rootexplorer still opens too. when i used the steps provided it all worked with no errors..did i miss something?

anon(59344)

Sep 15, 2010
Visit site
Yes, I need the stock apps too. I'll host them if someone sends them to me.

Side note: System Wipe does NOT restore apps that you have renamed or deleted!!!

jostrat21

Sep 20, 2010
Visit site
Went through the process described in the first post and received a "success," then a "reset" message. After reinserting my battery, my phone booted up still rooted. I'm having the droidx shipped to me and need to return the fascinate. Can someone help me out?

Edit: I'm an idiot - just running the following was all I needed to do.

adb shell
su
rm /system/app/Superuser.apk
rm /system/xbin/busybox
rm /system/xbin/su
exit

Last edited:

stayqued

Sep 16, 2010
Visit site
If I haven't deleted any of the bloat, and am rooted with clockwork, can I do a factory reset and be bone stock again?

Will this cause any issues or problems?

stayqued

Sep 16, 2010
Visit site
Edit- Seems like it didn't save my post for some reason.

So I wanted to go back to bone stock, unrooted to exchange the phone.

of note is that I did not re-flash any of the stock system or kernal, just a factory reset. I have previously deleted and renamed files, though currently nothing is renamed and everything is restored, though NFS and tetris do not function properly. I do not know if this is relevent to the below situation.

Did factory reset- successful
then entered ADB to remove su, busybox, and superuser.apk.
removed su and busybox, but not superuser, and exited, not realizing I could not later delete Superuser.apk without root.
Root disabled on phone, but SU icon still present.

Attempted re-root 4 times, and get the same hang up and freeze each time.

Gets to the point where it says "unlock phone and wait"
Unlock phone
"Wait 3 minutes...etc."

And then the phone freezes at the lock screen at this point, and I have to pull the battery.

It does go beyond this point at the cmd prompt, however, all the way to the end, where it sayus "attempting to install perm. files..." but then gives me

device not found (five times)

and brings me to the "hit any button screen"

Please advise.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.