Compilation: Root and remove bing

Status
Not open for further replies.

gwbaker

Oct 30, 2010
Visit site
FINALLY free from that Nuance CRAP

Thank you SOOOO much for this. I have found that you can dial your contacts also using the google search feature. Beats the heck out of the Nuance Voice Command program that takes days to load once you press it.

JohanX

Nov 22, 2010
Visit site
I thought I had backed up Bing with Titanium backup, but it refuses to restore the app for some reason.

Can someone please save a copy of the Bing apk file somewhere and let me know where I can download it?

Thanks!

dizzle451542007

Dec 31, 2010
Visit site
debingin ???

Ive been through the necessary steps have google at my soft key my prob is this when i input a wrong sitename on my browser it takes me to bing search cannot find the file specified above with super manager. Fascinate djo5 0.9 clean voodoo 12/21 kernel rooted. Any ideas????

dizzle451542007

Dec 31, 2010
Visit site
fascinate running jto5 super clean 0.9 with voodoo 5 12/21 got google at soft key but when i err on site entry in my browser i get binged how do i fix this ???? Any help is greatly appreciated

gunnermike53

Dec 1, 2010
Visit site
nice job!! im sure many who are just starting out will find this very helpful. i think its worth noting that if you are just starting out, STAY AWAY FROM VOODOO!!!! find another kernel. voodoo has a purpose, a very spicific purpose. if you dont know what that is then you dont need voodoo. if you dont know what you are doing then you are asking for touble. stay away from voodoo.

sdog21

Feb 12, 2011
Visit site
I rooted succesfully and used the phone for a day.
today i did this step

"Then search for this folder and file if you have opened Bing at any point
/data/app/com.microsoft.mobileexperiences.bing.apk and rename to com.microsoft.mobileexperiences.bing.apk.old"

When i rebooted, it gives me "emergency call only" and a place to put in a password....!!!

Ok, i just figured out i kinda bricked my phone. Strange. If i reboot, i get a locked screen with emergecy call button and a place to put a password, (i have 4 attempts left)....
BUT IF I click the emergency call button, i can then access my homes and make calls and the phone works like normal... (and the bing search is gone!!!)

It also gives me the emergency only lock screen when i press the side button to lock my phone.
I tried renaming the com.micro~file back to .apk..... still does the same thing

LOL...but everytime i restart i have to go through the emergency call first! I wonder what would happen if i ran out of password attempts?

Any Feedback?

DrDrew

Mar 8, 2011
Visit site
hey thanks for all the info...i tam trying to root my facinate and keep getting error message of device not connected after it restarts any suggestion

kaiu14us

Jan 4, 2011
Visit site
i cant find the I500 bing apk

i went to /system/app and i went looking for the I500 apk to rename it but i couldn't find it. I probably messed this up when i was un-installing the verizon bloatware, I probably un-installed the bing apk. any help would be appreciated. PS I am a noob at this stuff.

curley

Aug 31, 2010
Visit site
i went to /system/app and i went looking for the I500 apk to rename it but i couldn't find it. I probably messed this up when i was un-installing the verizon bloatware, I probably un-installed the bing apk. any help would be appreciated. PS I am a noob at this stuff.

Are you on a debloated Rom?

Sheepdog Elite

Jan 14, 2011
Visit site

Ancient thread, please leave it to die. None of the information found here is relevant any more.

Status
Not open for further replies.