Wireless Tether 4 Root on Fascinate

aes55

Sep 12, 2010
Visit site
ok - how exactly do i get that installed? i scanned the qr from your link and it downloaded, but its nowhere to be found...

shazbonk

Sep 13, 2010
Visit site
I tried the one linked above and tried to connect my ipod touch - it connected but when I tried to load the browser or anything else that needed a connection it wouldn't load.

codered18

Dec 1, 2009
Visit site
Ok i rooted and installed that version, i turn on to start tethering but DL is .4kb and UP is .1...and computer won't connect to it?

I've had the same problem. My laptop uses vista, but I've gotten it to work on my wife's laptop that uses windows 7.

I had that problem with the motorola droid, usually have to reboot phone and bring up wifi tethering software again. Also do not use wep or access control. Both are buggy

ArmyPatt

Sep 20, 2010
Visit site
Does this tether app only work for connecting one device at a time? I'm connected to it right now, but I can't see the connection with my desktop computer or my PS3.

Kleinicus

Sep 28, 2010
Visit site
Need to pay VZW fee?

If you root the phone, and you use wireless tether, do you still have to pay the $15 or $20 to VZW each month for wireless tether access? Or is that fee only for the tether app that comes with the phone?

F34R

F34RTEHDR01D
Jul 8, 2010
Visit site
Lol. Awesome. I used it to connect my Xbox 360 Halo Reach SE to Live, and play a few rounds of Reach. Worked extremely well. I started a demo download to see what type of speeds I'd reach, got 1200kb/s on -96dBm signal.

During game play, download and upload never exceeded 60Kb/s. I did experience a few lag spikes but nothing that would make me concerned that the connection was bad.

After disconnecting, I checked my running apps. I noticed that the built in Hotspot app was showing as active. I'm not sure what that means, or if I'm being charged data.

idkmybffjill

Jul 13, 2010
Visit site
Does this tether app only work for connecting one device at a time? I'm connected to it right now, but I can't see the connection with my desktop computer or my PS3.

I've been having problems too. My laptop can see the connection, but won't connect. My PS3 doesn't see the connection at all. From what I've read, we can't use this app with a PS3 because it doesn't support ad hoc connections. As for why certain computers are able to see/connect to the connection and others are not, I've talked with two IT people and nobody knows.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Chelsea rae