Tethering the Fascinate

yevgenchy

Sep 17, 2010
Visit site
I found an apk file for tethering, but i have no idea what to do with it.
Can anyone PLEASE show me or tell me a STEP by STEP on how to get the tether going? Please thank you!

namebrandon

Sep 8, 2010
www.sunny16.org
If you share which .apk you're referring to, and where you got it, that would help others to jump in and get you started.

Alternatively, there are other programs that work fine for WiFi tethering, assuming you've rooted your device. Barnacle Legacy is what I use.

idkmybffjill

Jul 13, 2010
Visit site
First I tried the wireless tether app posted by Dirrk, but to no avail. Barnacle Legacy worked like a charm for my laptop, but not my PS3. Is the PS3 simply unfriendly to wifi tethering?

idkmybffjill

Jul 13, 2010
Visit site
Again, no idea what you mean. The only way I've ever been able to tether to the PS3 was using my Blackberry. I had to connect it to my laptop via USB, then connect the laptop to the PS3 via a patch cable and share the network connection. This was a cumbersome process and I'v vowed not to repeat it with my Fascinate. Guess it's time for more Googling...

Edit: BT is bluetooth, huh? Derp.

Last edited:

josue

Sep 14, 2010
Visit site
What exactly does tethering do? And in what situations would it be necessary/convienient to have?

A friend told me that you can run wireless decives off your phone or whatnot? Wasn't sure if this was right...

thrillhouse847

Sep 13, 2010
Visit site
What exactly does tethering do? And in what situations would it be necessary/convienient to have?

A friend told me that you can run wireless decives off your phone or whatnot? Wasn't sure if this was right...

That's exactly what it does, and it would be convenient if you are using a wireless device out of range of a wifi network. You could then use your phone to create one anywhere you have cellular service.

Sent from my Fascinate via Tapatalk

jccpraznman

Nov 2, 2010
Visit site
I can't get wireless tethering to wok on my samsung fascinate. I tried downloading the app to my phone and through my computer. It says there were errors, but I downloaded the latest version. Help?

fwdixon

Sep 24, 2010
Visit site
Someone around here posted instructions to get vZW's mobile hotspot to work for free without rooting. can't remember exactly where but a search may be able to find it.

Sta11i0n

Oct 22, 2010
Visit site
The only way I've ever been able to tether to the PS3 was using my Blackberry. I had to connect it to my laptop via USB, then connect the laptop to the PS3 via a patch cable and share the network connection. This was a cumbersome process and I'v vowed not to repeat it with my Fascinate.

You'll have to follow this same process minus the usb connection to the laptop. You can tether the PC to the phone wirelessly, then share the network connection from that to the PS3. This video will give you step by step instructions on how to get the tether app installed on your rooted phone.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Dominic Haar