black boot screen after i did verizon update unlagfix and crap

zachchen1996

Aug 10, 2010
Visit site
Well I was rooted and and had lagfix on my fascinate. Then I decided to download the new update from verizon today. After the update the update screen kept on popping up even after I already installed it. Then I found out that my apps that require root like autokiller and setcpu did not work anymore even though I still hade the superuser app. So I rooted my phone again restarted it and the apps worked again then I decided I wanted to do the clockworkmod installation thing so I could make my phone flashable, the instructions recommended that i remove lag fix so I took my phone plugged it into the pc and went to my ryan lagfix folder whatever on my desktop and clicked on the unlagfixme.bat thing and at the end it had some errors or something even mentioning the Innopath Activecare in it which was for some reason probably why it didnt work. So I decided to try it again and it didnt work. Then I rebooted the phone and I saw the samsung logo and then black screen! I CANT BOOT UP!!! WHAT DO I DO!!!!!

dopepope

Sep 19, 2010
Visit site
You posted this also on Andriod Forums, but I didn't see a response so I'm not sure if you fixed your problem.
I was in the same situation, however the above method would not work for me for some reason, so I used this method:

"This may work IF you had usb debugging selected:
turn on your phone, wait for it to fully load (yes i know the screen is black)
then connect it to your computer via usb
on your pc go to start then type cmd in the search field
navigate to the directory that the lagfix stuff is in (this will have adb)
its all in c:\fascinate for me so I would do this by typing: cd c:\fascinate
then type: adb
and you should get a ton of options (if not you arent in the right directory)
next step, type: adb reboot recovery

your phone will reboot and give you some options. i would suggest you select wipe data/factory reset (use the volume keys to go up/down, then the home key to select the option).

hope this works!"

let us know what happens

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Laila Nance