Unsigned update (need CWM)

NOsquid

Sep 15, 2010
Visit site
excellent. i'll get that root back asap.

one more thing - your OP on CWM said to uninstall lag fix, but there are a lot of people bricking by doing that uninstall. is there a proper way to do it before i give CWM a try once i get root back?

THANK YOU

This is the step where I get stuck too. Mac + OCLF. I bet once a serious ROM is released a Mac tutorial will pop up for the CWM. And someone will figure out the lag fix...of note I got an update for OCLF yesterday, I wonder if that happened to do something about the uninstall bricking?

The phone isn't working poorly or anything so I'm not in any great hurry :) When 2.2 comes I'll definitely start getting envious.

aes55

Sep 12, 2010
Visit site
ok. so i re-rooted my phone using cory's steps (i just did them all over again to be safe). this worked great - got my superuser permissions back.

then i went into oclf to see about that update that someone mentioned...it was weird because when i originally ran it, i ran v2 - but now it said that i had v1 installed and gave me the option to uninstall..

so, against my better judgement, i ran the uninstall - and SUCCESS!

no bricked phone, and my Q score is back down to 880!

now i think i can try out CWM and nandroid.

stayqued

Sep 16, 2010
Visit site
Big thanks again to NameBrandon for coming through with this file.

Also to martian for figuring out the adb commands to restore root.

Confirmed working and updated!

Goodbye no reception alert!

NOsquid

Sep 15, 2010
Visit site
ok. so i re-rooted my phone using cory's steps (i just did them all over again to be safe). this worked great - got my superuser permissions back.

then i went into oclf to see about that update that someone mentioned...it was weird because when i originally ran it, i ran v2 - but now it said that i had v1 installed and gave me the option to uninstall..

so, against my better judgement, i ran the uninstall - and SUCCESS!

no bricked phone, and my Q score is back down to 880!

now i think i can try out CWM and nandroid.

Did you uninstall from the market or click "undo" within the app? if the latter, is the app still on your phone even of the lag fix isn't working?

aes55

Sep 12, 2010
Visit site
i clicked undo in the app, which is still there as of now

*edit* i uninstalled the app from the settings>apps>manage = ALL GOOD! No more lag fix, no more OCLF App.

Last edited:

thrillhouse847

Sep 13, 2010
Visit site
For the record, anyone who is using OCLF should update the program via the market because as aes55 said the new version gives you the option to undo the lagfix from within the program, which is very helpful.

And of course, thanks or taking the time to post this. Worked great. Had to reroot which is not a big deal and not even sure what this updates about (I know I can go find out but I figured if it was really major I would have read more about it on the various forums I frequent) but still glad to have it none the less.

Last edited:
Sep 13, 2010
Visit site
Assuming you updated your PATH variable, from your command prompt (dos prompt) do the following.

adb shell [enter]

Otherwise you need to open the command prompt and go to wherever adb.exe is on your computer, and then do it.

So before I reboot?? - I connect up the phone via USB debugging, bring up the command window, and input the commands where the adb.exe is - Don't I need to reboot after applying your .zip file via CWM to be able to perform commands?

namebrandon

Sep 8, 2010
www.sunny16.org
So before I reboot?? - I connect up the phone via USB debugging, bring up the command window, and input the commands where the adb.exe is - Don't I need to reboot after applying your .zip file via CWM to be able to perform commands?

Before you reboot. CWM uses a modified adb daemon that allows you use use adb while you're in recovery.

That being said, if you reboot, the world doesn't end. It's OK. :)

egg_head

Sep 16, 2010
Visit site
Brandon, thanks for the update.zip.

I used it today and worked like a charm.

I did not undo the lag fix either.

Just made sure I loaded the bloat back into the system/app directory and flashed via CWM.

I did lose root access to my apps, but fixed that with adb.

[tapatalk on android]

kxs783kms

Dec 6, 2009
Visit site
I get into CWM recovery and start the update fine. It gets to the part where it says "updating modem," it's shows progress as if everything is going through fine. But at the end, it will kick out a message something like........."update unsuccessful.../sdcard/unsigned....zip. Error: Status 7." I have the update.zip on the root of my sdcard. What step am I missing? This happpened both times that I tried to apply the update.

namebrandon

Sep 8, 2010
www.sunny16.org
I get into CWM recovery and start the update fine. It gets to the part where it says "updating modem," it's shows progress as if everything is going through fine. But at the end, it will kick out a message something like........."update unsuccessful.../sdcard/unsigned....zip. Error: Status 7." I have the update.zip on the root of my sdcard. What step am I missing? This happpened both times that I tried to apply the update.

Did you run any other updates before this, like the one JT posted over at XDA that updated only the modem?

What version does your baseband show (settings - about phone)?

mike410

Sep 27, 2010
Visit site
im having the same issue as kxs783kms

I didnt run any other updates and my current baseband is DH12

When i first ran the update.zip in the OP I was rooted and had clockworkmod installed. I had applied the default /system backup from XDA to replace the apps that I had deleted.

kxs783kms

Dec 6, 2009
Visit site
I tried to apply the original update through InnoPath, but it failed to update all three times that I tried it. Then I came across your unsigned update.zip and that's the only other update I have tried. I never applied the lag fix to the phone, nor were any of the system .apks renamed, moved or deleted before I tried the update. I was able to make a successful backup in CWM recovery without a hitch, so I figure I installed it fine. It's my wife's phone and she has it. But I do remember the firmware ending in DH12. It wasn't the new DH01 that everyone is getting.

namebrandon

Sep 8, 2010
www.sunny16.org
I tried to apply the original update through InnoPath, but it failed to update all three times that I tried it. Then I came across your unsigned update.zip and that's the only other update I have tried. I never applied the lag fix to the phone, nor were any of the system .apks renamed, moved or deleted before I tried the update. I was able to make a successful backup in CWM recovery without a hitch, so I figure I installed it fine. It's my wife's phone and she has it. But I do remember the firmware ending in DH12. It wasn't the new DH01 that everyone is getting.

I'm not following this.. If you applied it properly, you should be at DI01. Everyone else who has used this update (including myself) gets to DI01. Like I mentioned in my original post, this is the 100% update, nothing was touched, just the signature removed.

If your original update failed via InnoPath, then chances are this won't work either.