VErizon Update

AvalancheZ71

Sep 23, 2010
Visit site
so the verizon update ran on my phone.... and it basically it diabled SU and those apps that require root cease to work. suggestions on ow to repair ?

Thanks

AvalancheZ71

Sep 23, 2010
Visit site
Well I pulled all the files off the SD forthe v1 root and used v2 and that seemed to work.. However Verizon wants to update ... So i am going to return the system defaut programs like VZnav and city id and see what happens....

AvalancheZ71

Sep 23, 2010
Visit site
So... I was able to root the phone back.. however the verizon update kicks back in... I resotred the couple apps i renamed... VZnav and City ID but when the verizon update runs it screws up the root any idea?

WFScooter

Sep 15, 2010
Visit site
It's a BS update, how do I just make it go away? I woke up this morning at 4 AM to my phone rebooting every couple of minutes trying to install this update, I finally clicked wait or whatever, it comes up with a nice date selection tool that will only let you postpone it 24 hours.

Goofy F'n Verizon…

So I'm guessing every day I'll have to postpone it. My phone is rooted, and the only other thing I’ve done is the Lag Fix, I wonder if the Lag Fix is what’s preventing it from loading...

AvalancheZ71

Sep 23, 2010
Visit site
So ... I ended up really pissing the phone off.... got an error with a pic of a phone and computer with a ! triangle between them ( i need to load Clockwork the RIGHT way before i screw with anymore... So if anyone has the best process please pass me your inisght and link)

Ended up using Odin and putting the verizon image back on it and clearing out my settings last night and i got it all back setup..and happy ...

The Verizon patch ran this morning.. looks like some of the apps were updated including bing

after update
Firmware is 2.1 update 1
Baseband i500.04 v.di01
Kernal 2.6.29
build num sch-i500.di01

So my plan is to get Clockwork it so i can go back when i see verizon updates trying to push, and then root again.... Thoughts...
At least I know I can get back to Defaults haha

namebrandon

Sep 8, 2010
www.sunny16.org
So ... I ended up really pissing the phone off.... got an error with a pic of a phone and computer with a ! triangle between them ( i need to load Clockwork the RIGHT way before i screw with anymore... So if anyone has the best process please pass me your inisght and link)

Ended up using Odin and putting the verizon image back on it and clearing out my settings last night and i got it all back setup..and happy ...

The Verizon patch ran this morning.. looks like some of the apps were updated including bing

after update
Firmware is 2.1 update 1
Baseband i500.04 v.di01
Kernal 2.6.29
build num sch-i500.di01

So my plan is to get Clockwork it so i can go back when i see verizon updates trying to push, and then root again.... Thoughts...
At least I know I can get back to Defaults haha

Just install CWM, and proceed like normally. If you had CWM installed, you could've just used my unsigned update and been done in like 2 minutes. :)

It's ok, you got some experience.. now you're ready for next time! :)

AvalancheZ71

Sep 23, 2010
Visit site
Thanks !!

I'm trying to get rid of my Noob-ness in the world of Andriod..

Yeah the unsigned one would have been nice... I have to get a "specific version" for odin to be able to apply it

You can apply CW before rooting? Thinking that would be nice so i have a base to go back to

namebrandon

Sep 8, 2010
www.sunny16.org
You can apply CW before rooting? Thinking that would be nice so i have a base to go back to

Sure can.. this saves a few steps too. You don't need any exploit (rage.bin, for example) since you'll get root via shell automatically with CWM. It uses a modified version of the adb daemon on the device itself. (You also get shell when in recovery mode, which is so important, that alone should be a good enough reason to install CWM).

Just flash CWM, shell into the device, copy over busybox and su, chmod, install superuser.apk and you're all done.

AvalancheZ71

Sep 23, 2010
Visit site
Well i got a chance to get back to screwing with the phone..

I installed CW and got the rom manager...and ran the flash...
However it does not reboot from with in Rom Manager.

How do i Shell into the device.

Thanks for Helping the noob

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
m1000