I'm curious - has anyone successfully used Titanium to restore a backup? In the 6 months I've had this app, I've been able to do batch backups, but not a single time have I been able to use the restore to get my phone back to the way it was. After doing a restore that did complete "successfully" my phone acted totally wonky and I ended up hard resetting and starting fresh. I'd like to hear other peoples experiences with this, as it seems to be a highly rated app, yet I've had 0 luck with it.
    10-04-2010 01:58 PM
    Good question, I can't seem to get it to work either, backs up everything fine... Won't restore at all. Have you tried selectively restoring a single file/app? I have, didn't work for me...
    10-04-2010 02:03 PM
    I was just about to purchase the full version but now I'm having second thoughts. Was going to purchase to move bloatware to my sd card. Any other suggestions?
    10-04-2010 05:36 PM
    I was just about to purchase the full version but now I'm having second thoughts. Was going to purchase to move bloatware to my sd card. Any other suggestions?
    I've been successful freezing apps using the free version of Titanium Backup. That won't save you any memory but it will remove frozen apps from the application drawer. I'm sure Cory will have suggestions when he revisits this thread.

Sent from my SCH-I500 using Tapatalk
    10-04-2010 10:16 PM
    Good question, I can't seem to get it to work either, backs up everything fine... Won't restore at all. Have you tried selectively restoring a single file/app? I have, didn't work for me...
    I've tried batch restores, and just doing a single app. Neither works for me. In theory the app seems great, and leads you to believe that it's doing a splendid job of backing everything up. But I've never been able to restore anything its backed up.
    10-04-2010 10:51 PM
    It's worked for me through every factory reset, sbf, etc. have you tried pressing the "Problems?" Button at the bottom? It reinstalls busybox and seemed to solve all the problems I had. I don't remember exactly what they were, though...

Edit: just realized this is in the Fascinate forum. Stupid tapatalk. Feel free to disregard if it doesn't help =P

Sent from my Droid X using Tapatalk
    10-04-2010 11:23 PM
    Your suggestion is still relevant. Next time I'll press that button. I just don't find the program very intuitive either. It seems like Nandroid backups are the better path for me personally.
    10-04-2010 11:55 PM
    Your suggestion is still relevant. Next time I'll press that button. I just don't find the program very intuitive either. It seems like Nandroid backups are the better path for me personally.
    I agree, nandroid is more complete. Titanium is like saving your apps somewhere so that you can reinstall them at some point. nandroid is like making an image of your device. I see Titanium being useful if you've royally screwed up an application, or perhaps the new version you update to broke something, so you want to revert back to the older version.

I think it's more of an application backup, not a device backup.

That being said, I did use it a few times when I had to wipe my device, and it did restore the applications OK. I always did a privacy wipe to clear /dbdata though, so that might have something to do with it.
    10-05-2010 07:20 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD