Change Bluetooth Voice Dialer?

jjenson

Nov 7, 2009
Visit site
Anyway to change the default voice dialer for bluetooth? My wife is having problems and would like to use the one from the orginal D1 or anther one. Anyone have any ideas on this?

prhammer

Oct 23, 2010
Visit site
I'm also interested in this. Voice Dialing and Voice Texting are very nice features if they work. From what I've read, Nuance is notoriously bad. I've tried it a few times and have been very unimpressed.

El T

Jan 17, 2011
Visit site
I'm bumping this because I can't find the answer via searching.
How do you change the default voice command app, Vlingo, Nuance, etc on the Fascinate?

thnx

Lttlwing16

Mar 5, 2011
Visit site
I share you pain friends..

According to Adrynalyne, someone (VZW or Samsung) has disabled the stock android voice dialing feature to trigger via bluetooth.

There are no other options apart from Nuance, or Vlingo, for right now. Hopefully the dev's will figure this out and be able to dial into it and get it back.

I use Nuance and have pretty good results.

This was one of the main features I was looking forward to with Froyo and was sorely disappointed when there wasn't a fix. There isn't currently a custom Rom that I know of, that incorporates the stock android bluetooth Voice Dialing, etc for the Fascinate.

Hope that helps!

hjhddx

Aug 16, 2011
Visit site
I use Cyberon Voice Commander on my Infuse and it works well for any contacts that I have. Push the bluetooth headset button, it activates the phone and a female voice commands you. It doesn't work if trying to speak actual numbers though: call 214-555-5555. I think it's about $6 and worth it for me. I haven't yet found anything better but I'm always looking :)
Hope this has been helpful.
- Joey

Reactions: Landshark

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kirk781