I had issues with voodoo and returned to stock but I now show no app memory available. What can I do? To get to stock I loaded a cwm kernel and di01 stock zip. I then wiped caches and rebooted. Does anyone know why this has effected the app memory?
    10-20-2010 01:43 AM
    read these threads. they will have your solution.

[How to] Completely Remove Voodoo Lagfix - xda-developers

{FIXED} 0.00 internal storage problem - xda-developers

basically your /data partition is messed up, you need to manually revert it back to the normal mount point and the stock file system.

the simplest solution you could try first is to go to settings, privacy, and do a wipe from there.
    10-20-2010 03:59 AM
    thank you for your help. if I wipe my phone will I have the ability to use it for today while at work? While I'm at work I don't have access to any tools for recovery. So if there's a chance of doing so I'll just wait until I get home later.

If wiping doesn't work, do I need to reflash over my cwm kernel and di01 stock or can I skip that and start at a different step?
    10-20-2010 07:35 AM
    if wiping doesn't work, you need to use the first link to repartition your /data

a wipe is fairly quick, since most of the important information is in the cloud, once you sign back into your accounts, the phone should sync up and be ready to go. you'll just have to reinstall apps and setup your homescreens.
    10-20-2010 12:33 PM
    if wiping doesn't work, you need to use the first link to repartition your /data

a wipe is fairly quick, since most of the important information is in the cloud, once you sign back into your accounts, the phone should sync up and be ready to go. you'll just have to reinstall apps and setup your homescreens.
    I can hardly believe it but the factory reset was all that it took to fix the data partition! Just for my edification, why did this work? Not that I'm complaining. I get to go to bed before midnight tonight.
    10-20-2010 08:45 PM
    the factory reset reformats / partitions the phone memory (basically resets the mbr) so the phone can see it again. apparantly a data wipe in CW doesn't do that.
    10-21-2010 05:20 AM

Good to know, I don't see needing to do this except after a voodoo uninstall, right? I mean, do many other custom ROMs mess with the data partition?
    10-21-2010 08:54 AM
    no, they don't mess with it in the same way that voodoo does.

technically you shouldn't have to do it after a voodoo uninstall either, but voodoo is still pretty buggy and inconsistent on our phones...
    10-21-2010 01:23 PM
    Just a heads up, a wipe (CWM or stock) will not restore your mbr. The voodoo uninstall process does this, or the few threads posted on how to manually remove voodoo. Those are the only two ways to get your mbr back to stock.
    10-21-2010 01:46 PM
    i probably explained it poorly, but it does do something to the phone storage space...
    10-21-2010 03:37 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD