Rooted and de-bloated... now problems with market?

fatkidkustomz

Oct 26, 2010
Visit site
Long story short, I think I messed up. I rooted and de-bloated. Everything is fine but now I can't get anything to download from the market. I did move a few DMR files to the SD card but I put them back after I discovered I was having problems. Any ideas? Or should I look for something I moved to the SD I shouldn't have?

Adiliyo

Oct 17, 2009
Visit site
have you tried the normal stuff?

clear the market's data / cache, fix permissions, reboot?

when my market got stuck at the installing screen (even after a reboot and all the apps had installed) the data clear did the trick for me.

fatkidkustomz

Oct 26, 2010
Visit site
No I haven't actually. Mind giving me a quick step by step to get to that?

I'm still a newb at all this. Just got this thing a week ago on best buy's freebie deal, and only rooted and de-bloated in order to hopefully gain some battery life (which worked with awesome results).

Chris3D

Sep 21, 2010
Visit site
Check to make sure you didn't move/remove the gtalkservice.apk. The market somehow depends on that and won't download anything without it.

fatkidkustomz

Oct 26, 2010
Visit site
gtalkservice.apk is still in place. Now instead of hanging up, the market just keeps force closing. Hmmm... I guess it's time to start putting things back one by one. Hopefully that might fix it.

The error I get is:

Sorry!
The application Market (process com.android.vending)
has stopped unexpectedly.
Please try again
Force Close

Last edited:

fatkidkustomz

Oct 26, 2010
Visit site
Cleared cache and data, rebooted, still get the same thing. It'll either hang up on the "Starting Download" screen, or give me a force close error.

The error I get is:

Sorry!
The application Market (process com.android.vending)
has stopped unexpectedly.
Please try again
Force Close

joebob2000

Jun 18, 2010
Visit site
What is the complete list of apps you debloated? I did the debloat from that thread, minus moving the launcher stuff, and added the VVM and 3g hotspot stuff. The market is working fine for me to download but it won't let me log in. I am not sure if its a problem with the debloat or just a google problem in general, since i never tried it before the debloat.

fatkidkustomz

Oct 26, 2010
Visit site
List of stuff moved to SD card is as follows:

BackupAssistant.apk
BackupAssistant.odex
Blockbuster_Stub_v0_2_build_12-unsigned-signed.apk
CarHome.apk
CarHome.odex
CitiID_1.0.27_vzw.sch.i500_12118-release.apk
FactoryTest.apk
FactoryTest.odex
Final_Schi500_3.0.3.3_07262010.apk
I500_411Search-debug_201020604_KST.apk
I500_BingSearchAndroid_07152010.apk
I500_VCASTTones_QA_060310_1436.apk
LantinIME.apk
LatinIME.odex
LatinImeTutorial.apk
MobileAP.apk
MobileAP.odex
redding-7648-signed-zipped.apk
SamsungSetupWizard.apk
SamsungSetupWizard.odex
Skype_mobile.1.0.0.19.live.apk
thinkdroid.apk
VCastMusic.apk
VCastVideo.apk
VisualVoiceMail.apk
VisualVoiceMail.odex
vnav_4.7.0.258_i500_rel_PROD_signed.apk
VVMService.apk
VVMSerivice.odex
WriteandGo.apk
WriteandGo.odex

Personally, I don't see anything that should stop the market from working for me. But I could be wrong. Like I said, I'm still a noob at all this, and I'm willing to take any suggestions.

joebob2000

Jun 18, 2010
Visit site
backupasssitant, factorytest, samsungsetupwizard are 3 things I didnt touch since they dont seem to run all the time. Maybe restore those and try again?

fatkidkustomz

Oct 26, 2010
Visit site
So I put those three back, same results. No market.

So I went as far as to put everything back. Still didn't help.... Now I'm really lost.

The only other thing I can maybe think of is the last time I downloaded something it was a paid app, which is also the first. They had all been free before that. But I wouldn't think that would have anything to do with it.

I just can't figure this out.

fatkidkustomz

Oct 26, 2010
Visit site
Ok... well I finally figured it out. The market updated itself and for some reason it didn't like it. I uninstalled the update, canceled all my hung up downloads, and everything works perfect.

Just an FYI for anyone that runs across the same problem.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
sem173