JT Super Clean Rom available on Rom Manager

dkoss

Nov 12, 2009
Visit site
Just poking around the Fascinate tonight, thought I would check Rom Manager and low and behold, there's JT Super Clean Rom ready for download. Gives a few options. So for those of you not comfortable with zip installs, this ones for you. Have fun.

dkoss

Nov 12, 2009
Visit site
What would I need to do to install this ROM and to do before installing it? I'd love to try it out.

You will need to have root. Follow the directions on installing Clockword Mod and download Rom Manager from the market. Once Rom Manager is installed download the rom and it'll walk you through the rest.

packerbacker

Sep 20, 2010
Visit site
You will need to have root. Follow the directions on installing Clockword Mod and download Rom Manager from the market. Once Rom Manager is installed download the rom and it'll walk you through the rest.

I am rooted and have Clockwork Mod and ROM Manager installed. But how do you install/flash a ROM? What do you have to do before you flash a ROM? I'm rooted and debloated but otherwise new at this.

dkoss

Nov 12, 2009
Visit site
I am rooted and have Clockwork Mod and ROM Manager installed. But how do you install/flash a ROM? What do you have to do before you flash a ROM? I'm rooted and debloated but otherwise new at this.

Open Rom Manager, click on download rom, select JT's rom and any extras that you would like to go with it and let it download. It will prompt you if you want to backup your current rom and/or wipe data and cache always backup, unless you already have a backup and are comfortable restoring it if need be. I always wipe data/cache which basically gives you a factory restore. I would suggest using wifi if available because most roms are rather large. Once it is done downloading it will ask if you want to reboot. Select yes. It will do the rest, just give it time.

Reactions: packerbacker

dkoss

Nov 12, 2009
Visit site
Is this a safer alternative to the voodoo kernel? And would it still fix the lag?

Sent from my SCH-I500 using Tapatalk

I haven't messed with the voodoo kernel and haven't noticed any lag on my phone. I am running a rooted phone that has been debloated and it runs fine.
This basically looks to be about the same with some of the mesmerize ported over, there does not seem to be any voodoo, but if you want more info on it I would suggest checking the devs rundown over at xda and donate if you like what they are doing. It would definitely be a safe alternative in the fact that with Rom Manager all you need to do to restore is select the restore tab and select the backup to restore and it takes you right back to your old phone.

Reactions: Fappy Jones

Fappy Jones

Oct 12, 2010
Visit site
I haven't messed with the voodoo kernel and haven't noticed any lag on my phone. I am running a rooted phone that has been debloated and it runs fine.
This basically looks to be about the same with some of the mesmerize ported over, there does not seem to be any voodoo, but if you want more info on it I would suggest checking the devs rundown over at xda and donate if you like what they are doing. It would definitely be a safe alternative in the fact that with Rom Manager all you need to do to restore is select the restore tab and select the backup to restore and it takes you right back to your old phone.

Thanks I might have to give this a try, just have to get CWM.

packerbacker

Sep 20, 2010
Visit site
Open Rom Manager, click on download rom, select JT's rom and any extras that you would like to go with it and let it download. It will prompt you if you want to backup your current rom and/or wipe data and cache always backup, unless you already have a backup and are comfortable restoring it if need be. I always wipe data/cache which basically gives you a factory restore. I would suggest using wifi if available because most roms are rather large. Once it is done downloading it will ask if you want to reboot. Select yes. It will do the rest, just give it time.

Thanks for this explanation, I really appreciate it. :) What do you mean by extras? I have CWM- should I just backup my current ROM with that? I backed up all of my apps with Titanium Backup, so should I wipe my data also?

Adiliyo

Oct 17, 2009
Visit site
voodoo is kernel based and has nothing to do with roms.

if you do have a voodoo kernel, i would recommend disabling it, flashing, and then re-enabling it.

as always, it's a good idea to make a nandroid backup before flashing, and wiping data/cache as well for a smooth transition.

Reactions: Fappy Jones

packerbacker

Sep 20, 2010
Visit site
as always, it's a good idea to make a nandroid backup before flashing, and wiping data/cache as well for a smooth transition.

Can you (or someone else) tell me exactly the steps I need to do to flash a ROM? I just want to be extra super careful I do it right. Never done it before. Once I felt safe I knew exactly what to do, I rooted, debloated, and ran CWM flawlessly. Just don't want to brick my phone. :(

packerbacker

Sep 20, 2010
Visit site
Oh, okay. Thanks. :)

I noticed that when I click the ROM, there are a bunch of things underneath the ROM itself.

- Puzzle Piece Lock Screen
- Stock Fascinate Mms.apk
- Verizon Visual VoiceMail
- Disable BLN
- Extended SoftKey Backlight

Would I need to do all of those? Can I do all of those? Do I obviously flash the ROM before I get all of those?

ellisz

Jan 9, 2010
Visit site
I assume you pick the ones you want.
Puzzle piece will leave the puzzle lock. Other wise you get the slide
stock mms vs. mms from another phone. Not sure here
VVM - yes or no.
Disable BLN. You have to have a BLN compatible kernel for this.
Extended softkey. This will enable the extended soft key back lights. I was not aware that this was available in CWM already. I want this badly :) I am not sure which one he defaulted to. There was a 15 second and a 32 second one I believe.

You can do them all or what you want.

BTW, anyone know where there are some non-voodoo kernels? I can't seem to find any. I have read that some are flashing this ROM over the voodoo kernel? I am not sure I want tot try this. I would be fine going to a non-voodoo kernel as fixing with things with nandroid would just be easier without voodoo. I can remove voodoo easy enough but I need a non-voodoo kernel to overwrite. I guess I can just get the stock kernel but I would not mind trying a 1.2 or so :)

iTz Nicholas72

Aug 12, 2010
Visit site
Just download the ones you want. RomManager will install everything in the right order.

I just did a Nandroid backup and everything went fine.

ellisz

Jan 9, 2010
Visit site
I dont think the BLN add on would hurt but no reason to have it unless you need it.

What about apps that this rom removes that you may want back? Since the rom is deodexed, you can just add them from the system dump can you? Not really sure what apps are left and what are removed. I thought I read that the Allshare app was removed. Not a big deal but I have tried to use it :) Just not sure what others are removed.