help with JT super clean

mezatown

Oct 2, 2010
Visit site
so i did everything necessary to get ROM manager installed correctly and then downloaded the JT super clean as it said then when i installed i checked both boxes for the backup and wipe and then let it do its thing but didnt really notice a change when everything came back so i rebooted and then bacically lost everything besides the new ADW launcher.... so i ran the backup and it was back to how i had it .... so my question is with that backup being ran is there a way to tell if im running the JT super clean ROM or the stable non-voodoo kernal that i thought i installed???? some help would be nice since im a noob at all this

mezatown

Oct 2, 2010
Visit site
now after a reboot i got the newer screen instead of the old galaxy s logo and verizon logo

does this mean it worked right???

Fappy Jones

Oct 12, 2010
Visit site
If you grabbed the non voodoo kernel when you boot your phone up there should be a new bootanimation of an android with a green background. And the ROM will give you a new music player.

Adiliyo

Oct 17, 2009
Visit site
if you restore a nandroid (backup) after changing roms you will end up where you were before flashing for the most part. that's the point of the backup.

flashing a rom will wipe your phone (well, it won't but it's recommended you do)

settings will have to be redone, and apps redownloaded. you can use something like mybackup or Titanium backup to make it easier to get all your apps back, but it is a normal part of flashing.

boot animations will change with any of JT's kernels.

vidiot1

Sep 25, 2010
Visit site
is there a post on what to do with JT's Clean Rom once you download it? Specifically I'm looking to increase my battery life

Last edited:

Fappy Jones

Oct 12, 2010
Visit site
is there a post on what to do with JT's Clean Rom once you download it? Specifically I'm looking to increase my battery life

Once you have the rom it does everything for you, if you really wanna see great battery life you need to turn your brightness down and turn your gps of except for the google services. As far as I know there isn't much the rom does to save your battery life, besides being deodexed in the first place. If you get the stable non voodoo kernel that might help a lil too.

I haven't noticed much difference in the stable voodoo kernel battery wise.

Sent from my SCH-I500 using Tapatalk

vidiot1

Sep 25, 2010
Visit site
Why whenever i try to load super clean or voodoo kernel i get:
Installing from package
fining update package
opening update package
verifying update package

and then:
E:failed to verify whole-file signature
E: signature verification failed
Installation aborted

joebob2000

Jun 18, 2010
Visit site
Why whenever i try to load super clean or voodoo kernel i get:
Installing from package
fining update package
opening update package
verifying update package

and then:
E:failed to verify whole-file signature
E: signature verification failed
Installation aborted

You need to install clockworkmod using odin, see the thread below for info. You are exactly where i was about two hours ago, LOL...

Clockworkmod installation how to for windows / *nix - xda-developers

oh and STEP ONE IS MAKE A BACKUP!!!!?!?!?!#@!$@@#4324 lolz. just do it. you will thank me.

mezatown

Oct 2, 2010
Visit site
Anyone else seeing battery life extremely decreased while running both the jt super clean and the non voodoo kernal

joebob2000

Jun 18, 2010
Visit site
Anyone else seeing battery life extremely decreased while running both the jt super clean and the non voodoo kernal

What do you use to measure? Not to hijack this and steer it into the thousandth battery life thread, but...

mezatown

Oct 2, 2010
Visit site
Its just the circle that's on the theme that was one of the options under the jt super clean rom when I sent that first message about an hour ago I was at 91 percent now I'm at 79 percent and didn't touch my phone since I sent that an hour ago

Fappy Jones

Oct 12, 2010
Visit site
Its just the circle that's on the theme that was one of the options under the jt super clean rom when I sent that first message about an hour ago I was at 91 percent now I'm at 79 percent and didn't touch my phone since I sent that an hour ago

Sounds like you have programs running in the background still. I'd check your task manager or task killer and see what you can uncover. Cuz something doesn't sound right there.

fire n ice

Sep 18, 2010
Visit site
Sounds like you have programs running in the background still. I'd check your task manager or task killer and see what you can uncover. Cuz something doesn't sound right there.

I agree. My battery life was greatly improved using the exact ROM and kernel you're using.

mezatown

Oct 2, 2010
Visit site
Yeah I got advanced task killer running once an hour and the memory is almost constantly around 150 MB free so I guess ill just have to try and monitor this a bit more and see if I can figure out what the problem is.... while I'm on this part though is there any battery apps I should check out that help monitor it a bit more instead of just the number in the circle on the installed theme

Fappy Jones

Oct 12, 2010
Visit site
I had battery status bar, but when I got the theme I just installed it.

And as far as ATK there are settings that you can use to see more programs running. But I use advanced task manager instead, it's just a buck and I like it better.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Cy3berOdyssey