YouTube force close

mezatown

Oct 2, 2010
Visit site
So earlier today my YouTube app was just fine and then about a half hour I went to use to try and check out something and it forced closed and has been doing it everytime I try to open it.... pulled the battery twice and turned off and on another three tine also cleared the data and cache. Anyone else have any other ideas on what I could do to get this problem resolved. Also I'm running the jt super clean and the non voodoo kernal

Sent from my SCH-I500 using Tapatalk

TripSixes

Sep 14, 2010
Visit site
When I was on Stock ROM, and had installed the 2.2 YouTube app.. I too would see this quite often..

My only solution was to Uninstall Youtube, then re-install again .. it would then be functional, but within 1-2 days, would eventually return to permanent Force Closes..

I just now updated to JT's Clean ROM, and haven't yet experienced the force closes. I'm not sure if we have the capability of Uninstalling the Youtube app that is cooked into the ROM. ... might require the same process as we did on stock to get the updated Youtube app.

TripSixes

Sep 14, 2010
Visit site
Did you uninstall everything youtube related prior to installing the new app?
Have you logged on to your youtube account?

While on Stock ROM...

The process to get 2.2 Youtube onto the phone was to get rid of some of the original /system/app files, and then install a custom 'signed_youtube...' apk. Due to this, when I would hit the "force close" situation, I'd just go to Settings -> Appliations -> Manage .. and then uninstall Youtube. I then kept a handy apk on the SDCard that I could quickly reinstall. At that point, I would then be able to login to my youtube account, and I'd be able to load videos... for some "random" period of time... Inevitably, it would eventually FC again, and would be stuck in this state until I did the uninstall/reinstall steps.

there may be easier ways of resolving the issue.. but, this is what worked for me.

As for now that I'm on JT's Clean ROM, I still have yet to see the FC's start... when/if it does happen, I'm not sure what I'd do to try and resolve........

Well.... as I'm typing this, I try to launch Youtube, and I get the force close....

Guess we're now both in the same boat...

mezatown

Oct 2, 2010
Visit site
After playing around with it for awhile I found that going and clearing all the data did the trick so give it a shot and see if it works

Sent from my SCH-I500 using Tapatalk

chrisexv6

Nov 4, 2010
Visit site
Which data did you clear to get this to work? Mine just started doing this on JT super clean/non-voodoo.

EDIT: i went into the youtube subdir in /data/data and wiped out the cache. I was also able to restore a TiBackup of the youtube data, that seemed to get it working again.

I *think* the cause of it was something up with my connection to the 3G today. When I got to work I was getting a lot of "there was a problem with the network" messages. Rebooted the phone and all seems well again, I just hope it doesnt have something to do with the 11/10 kernel I just installed.

Last edited:

sevenflatfive

Sep 17, 2010
Visit site
Which data did you clear to get this to work? Mine just started doing this on JT super clean/non-voodoo.

EDIT: i went into the youtube subdir in /data/data and wiped out the cache. I was also able to restore a TiBackup of the youtube data, that seemed to get it working again.

I *think* the cause of it was something up with my connection to the 3G today. When I got to work I was getting a lot of "there was a problem with the network" messages. Rebooted the phone and all seems well again, I just hope it doesnt have something to do with the 11/10 kernel I just installed.

Thanks for the info! I cleared the cache folder and restored old ti backup data. Reboot. Now it's fixed.

Thanks again.

Sent from my Fascinate:
JT's Super Clean Rom w/ Dark Glass theme
Geeknik's Stupidfast UV kernel

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
drkrleitch