DJ05 Update and Cory's beautiful hands..

ellisz

Jan 9, 2010
Visit site
How safe is the JT .3 with the modem.tar? From what I read on Irc, .3 is debinged and rooted so you just flash th .zip and load the tar file via odin. I am running jt's clean rom now with a black notification/power button mod. Nothing fancy.

kyfredrickson

Sep 19, 2010
Visit site
I'm running Jts Tom and kernel (although thinking about switching to blackhole and stupid fast), what will I need to do to get the update after someone adjusts it for modded phones? Can I flash over what I have or will I have to use Odin to go back to stock?

I'm now comfortable with flashing romsq and I thnkkkk kernels...but anything else is new water for me

sent from my rooted fascinate with JT's super clean rom and 11/11 non voodoo kernel

kyfredrickson

Sep 19, 2010
Visit site
How safe is the JT .3 with the modem.tar? From what I read on Irc, .3 is debinged and rooted so you just flash th .zip and load the tar file via odin. I am running jt's clean rom now with a black notification/power button mod. Nothing fancy.

What is the modem.tar? That's new vocab to me

sent from my rooted fascinate with JT's super clean rom and 11/11 non voodoo kernel

packerbacker

Sep 20, 2010
Visit site
when i de-bloated all i did was make a folder on my sd card called "bloatware" and then took all the apps and .odex that was in Cory's sticky and moved them there.

I so should have done this. I just renamed the files to .old and now since I run JT's, it's deodexed. I hope it's not too confusing once/if I need to flash back to stock for any reason. If I have to re-root though, I'm moving the files to a folder for sure.

iTz Nicholas72

Aug 12, 2010
Visit site
I'm loving DJ05. I'm running the stock version since im going to deodex and remove the bloat myself to make sure its 100% what I want.

Sent from my SCH-I500 using Tapatalk

Cory Streater

Sep 21, 2009
Visit site
Since I flashed DJ05 & the modem, I've primarily been connected to WiFi. Today I've been testing 3G and noticed the data connection drops frequently & the 3G/1x icon disappear entirely. Anyone else notice this? I did a ##DATA# to look at some settings, to help another member, but didn't change anything. That seems to be when the trouble started though.

Cory Streater

Sep 21, 2009
Visit site
Luckily I have a new one laying around just for situations like this. Word to the wise: stay out of the ##DATA# menu. I didn't even change anything, and it still got hosed.

Fappy Jones

Oct 12, 2010
Visit site
I've been on 3g most of the day too, other than where I didn't get it. GPS has been flawless most if the time within 5ft. Haven't been on wifi yet, I'm not at home.

Sent from my Super-Clean Fascinate

namebrandon

Sep 8, 2010
www.sunny16.org
Since I flashed DJ05 & the modem, I've primarily been connected to WiFi. Today I've been testing 3G and noticed the data connection drops frequently & the 3G/1x icon disappear entirely. Anyone else notice this? I did a ##DATA# to look at some settings, to help another member, but didn't change anything. That seems to be when the trouble started though.

I'm connected to 3G 99% of the time, and I started seeing what looks like a visual voicemail icon yesterday that replaces the 3G icon sometimes.. Looks like a cassette tape with a pointy corner in the top-left?

Haven't figured out wth that thing is, but it's starting to drive me crazy not knowing. I never entered the ##DATA# menu myself.

Fappy Jones

Oct 12, 2010
Visit site
After a full day, I have seen my 1x and 3g icons disappear breifly, but I also saw this on di01 too. So I can't tell. But I have yet to see the vvm looking one.

And I'm on 3g most of the time too unless I'm at home then I use wifi.

Sent from my Super-Clean Fascinate

Cory Streater

Sep 21, 2009
Visit site
I started seeing what looks like a visual voicemail icon yesterday that replaces the 3G icon sometimes.. Looks like a cassette tape with a pointy corner in the top-left?

Do you use Visual Voicemail or Google Voicemail? I've had cases where the call forwarding to the 3rd party voicemail didn't work and the caller got my regular Verizon voicemail. I called it and sure enough I had a voice message. Just a thought.

I resolved my issue by restoring a previous Nandroid backup. I'm never dialing ##DATA# again! :p

namebrandon

Sep 8, 2010
www.sunny16.org
Do you use Visual Voicemail or Google Voicemail? I've had cases where the call forwarding to the 3rd party voicemail didn't work and the caller got my regular Verizon voicemail. I called it and sure enough I had a voice message. Just a thought.

I resolved my issue by restoring a previous Nandroid backup. I'm never dialing ##DATA# again! :p

I use Google voicemail.. Embarrassing question, but I haven't used VZW voicemail in so long, how do I call the old school voicemail to see if I have a message? #86 doesn't work, *86 and calling my own number go to Google Voicemail..

Last edited: