Desperatley need help...

mbuxx

Apr 24, 2010
Visit site
Okay so heres the deal.... ive been trying to root my phone, and get clockwork mod. Somehow during the process i have messed something up.

My phone is currently rooted, but do not have CWRecovery.

For some reason, when i reboot my phone i get error message ""The process com.google.process.gapps has stopped unexpectedly. Please try again" and my market doesnt work so i cant download Root Explorer or Terminal Emulator and on top of all of that, i factory reset my phone but i still have super user icon.

I just want the phone back to normal at this point...i cant use the market and its very frustrating...
I am with telus so i dont know if i can use that "back to stock" tutorial...

can someone please help me...

mbuxx

Apr 24, 2010
Visit site
yes, i have my phone rooted right now, but i deleted some things and now i am not having access to the market... i wanted to download terminal emulator so i can remove root and super user icon i can exchange my phone for new one... i know its not the most honest thing to do but i dont know what else to do..

Kevin Gossett

Retired Moderator
Sep 9, 2010
Visit site
Doing a reset won't remove superuser, etc. If you root your phone again, then you will be able to remove root (sounds crazy, I know). Use appbrain and see if you can dl apps that way

Chris3D

Sep 21, 2010
Visit site
yes, i have my phone rooted right now, but i deleted some things and now i am not having access to the market... i wanted to download terminal emulator so i can remove root and super user icon i can exchange my phone for new one... i know its not the most honest thing to do but i dont know what else to do..

There's numerous ways to restore to the stock rom - flash it with Odin or download one of the available Clockwork backups, the one in Cory's "how to escape the force close loop of hell" would do just fine. Replacing the phone just because you deleted a few apps is really absurd. You could be back up and running, literally, in 10 minutes, and that would include downloading the rom to flash.

fatkidkustomz

Oct 26, 2010
Visit site
Okay so heres the deal.... ive been trying to root my phone, and get clockwork mod. Somehow during the process i have messed something up.

My phone is currently rooted, but do not have CWRecovery.

For some reason, when i reboot my phone i get error message ""The process com.google.process.gapps has stopped unexpectedly. Please try again" and my market doesnt work so i cant download Root Explorer or Terminal Emulator and on top of all of that, i factory reset my phone but i still have super user icon.

I just want the phone back to normal at this point...i cant use the market and its very frustrating...
I am with telus so i dont know if i can use that "back to stock" tutorial...

can someone please help me...

How exactly does your "market not work"? Can you open the market, search for apps, but just not download them? Or can you not even open the market at all?

Also, never delete anything. Move or rename. That way if something like this happens, you can put it back to the way it was. I created a folder on my SD card called "Junk" that I put all the Verizon bloat in.

I just searched with Root Explorer for that file you mentioned, and I can't find it on my phone. I'm running JT's Super Clean ROM which is working fine for me, so I'm assuming if it's not there, it's not needed.

Try this just for the fun of it. Go into Settings>Applications>Manage Applications>Market. Click on "Uninstall Updates". Now go try the Market again.

This cured the last issue I had with my Market, when it wasn't letting me download anything, it would just hang up at the download screen.

mbuxx

Apr 24, 2010
Visit site
There's numerous ways to restore to the stock rom - flash it with Odin or download one of the available Clockwork backups, the one in Cory's "how to escape the force close loop of hell" would do just fine. Replacing the phone just because you deleted a few apps is really absurd. You could be back up and running, literally, in 10 minutes, and that would include downloading the rom to flash.

Im not thinking of replacing it because i deleted a few apps... my market does not download anything and the phone also pops up with the "sorry" error message i mentioned earlier :(

How exactly does your "market not work"? Can you open the market, search for apps, but just not download them? Or can you not even open the market at all?

Also, never delete anything. Move or rename. That way if something like this happens, you can put it back to the way it was. I created a folder on my SD card called "Junk" that I put all the Verizon bloat in.

I just searched with Root Explorer for that file you mentioned, and I can't find it on my phone. I'm running JT's Super Clean ROM which is working fine for me, so I'm assuming if it's not there, it's not needed.

Try this just for the fun of it. Go into Settings>Applications>Manage Applications>Market. Click on "Uninstall Updates". Now go try the Market again.

This cured the last issue I had with my Market, when it wasn't letting me download anything, it would just hang up at the download screen.

Yes the market works, i can search for apps i just cant download them it gets stuck. Sometimes it pops up with tat error message and sometimes it doesnt. I tried the uninstall updates but i cant find that option, its not there? :(

ty for the input guys appreciate it

Chris3D

Sep 21, 2010
Visit site
Im not thinking of replacing it because i deleted a few apps... my market does not download anything and the phone also pops up with the "sorry" error message i mentioned earlier :(

Either way, it's a relatively simple problem to fix. Install Clockwork using Odin by following the instructions in this thread

Download the stock rom from this thread and follow the instructions in there - copy the backup to your SD card and flash it with Clockwork.

That's pretty much it, you'll be back to a stock rom in a matter of minutes.

mbuxx

Apr 24, 2010
Visit site
:( i tried flashing clockwork, when i did so...it got half way through i thought all was good then got an epic FAIL! now the phone wont turn on and it just has a picture of a cell phone and a computer and a triangle with an exclamation mark.... uh oh

mbuxx

Apr 24, 2010
Visit site
I bricked my phone..

I bricked my phone while trying to install CWRecovery....
It was in download mode, had all the right drivers, phone was rooted with z4..used odin, had the yellow box. When i clicked start it seemed like all was going good, had the green bar with kernal then all the sudden.... FAIL and the phone was bricked..... Cannot turn it on and cannot get to recovery mode. When i push the power button it only shows a little pic of a Phone...Triangle!...computer and nothing....

However i can enter download mode...

If anyone has any ideas or knows how to fix it would be greatly appreciated.

oh yeah, im with telus samsung galaxy s fascinate

fatkidkustomz

Oct 26, 2010
Visit site
Yes the market works, i can search for apps i just cant download them it gets stuck. Sometimes it pops up with tat error message and sometimes it doesnt. I tried the uninstall updates but i cant find that option, its not there? :(

ty for the input guys appreciate it

Go into manage applications and click on the market icon. Should give you another screen with a button to uninstall updates.

:( i tried flashing clockwork, when i did so...it got half way through i thought all was good then got an epic FAIL! now the phone wont turn on and it just has a picture of a cell phone and a computer and a triangle with an exclamation mark.... uh oh

Dont worry. Take the battery out, hold down only the down volume key and plug the usb cord in while you're holding down the key. Should get you into download mode.

Cory Streater

Sep 21, 2009
Visit site
Do exactly what Chris said. All the instructions are in the threads he linked too. Specifically you need to look start with Brandon's post regarding ODIN in the first thread Chris linked to.

mbuxx

Apr 24, 2010
Visit site
i cannon install clockwork, this is where i run into problems, and when i retry it also fails.

Also, the stock file is for Verizon..i dont know if it matters but the folks over at androidforums.com do not recomend... they say it would only brick the phone anyhow since i am on telus...?

Cory Streater

Sep 21, 2009
Visit site
If you can't flash Clockworld through ODIN and your phone is not booting up, I would just return it. Do you remember which file(s) you removed? If you could connect via ADB you could push replacements to it, but you need to connect your phone to the computer while it's booted up and in debugging mode.

ellisz

Jan 9, 2010
Visit site
Only way I have seen to really ruin the phone is to hit the phone button in Odin. You only use the PDA button. You can fix it if you hit phone but I don't think you can restore completely yet.

namebrandon

Sep 8, 2010
www.sunny16.org
When i push the power button it only shows a little pic of a Phone...Triangle!...computer and nothing....

All this means is that your phone started the flashing process and didn't complete it successfully. You can flash anything over successfully and once it completes you'll be back in business.

I'd recommend downloading the cwmrecovery.tar file in the instructions and flashing that. I know the one in the instructions is working.

If that keeps failing on you, try the odin files posted over at XDA, "Odin files to get you back to stock". In particular, try flashing the kernel first.

This may very well be a problem with telus vs verizon. It's never a good idea to flash different carrier firmware/software. I can see why you would try in this instance, but without the stock telus files to get you back, you may be in trouble here.

Last edited:

koravain

Sep 15, 2010
Visit site
When I had a problem with the market (pretty similar to yours), I used odin to flash all three stock files in order using the pit file as well from this topic:

Odin Restore files to get you to stock - xda-developers

After that, the phone was fine except the market randomly vanished. From there, I just did a factory reset and my market was back and everything worked perfectly aside from resyncing google, but I just logged into the youtube app with my google account and then that automatically resynced my google acct.

mbuxx

Apr 24, 2010
Visit site
I know this might be kind of lame, but after many hours of frustration... i took the phone back for a swap and got a new one today.. thanks for all the tips and adivice though guys